What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale

Spot On

Coach
From an outsider looking in, I don't think there is a lack of effort. A few more quality players, especially in the backrow and bench will make a huge difference. Austin looked good last night, granted he made a few errors. However, I can see why he has be signed long term. You have great go forward. Tim Grant is an excellent prop. I know Jennings has been injured but for mine he is a wasted talent. I'd be expecting more from him. Depth is an obvious problem.

I think they will rebuild into a very strong team over the next two to three seasons.

The OX

Juniors
How can Melbourne turn our cast offs into serious first graders?

Blair, Norrie, woolnough?.

There are massive issues with our club.

Management, coaching, fitness, integrity?

We all play with the same cap so what happening?

Sure blame back ending deals. Thats been the blame for 4- 5 years now.

Time for the players to show some spine. Stop looking for the Monday payslip.

Yeah yeah blah blah Ox isnt a team player..Ox is fair weather. No I have had enough of the crap this club dishes up.

No I dont have to be a muppet in the black ole to be a true supporter, but why should I dish out a few hundred a game to watch shite?

The OX

Juniors
Not going anywhere Mick.

Been around a long while...longer than most.

Long enough to see the rot setting in.

Doomednow

Bench
How can Melbourne turn our cast offs into serious first graders?

Blair, Norrie, woolnough?.

There are massive issues with our club.

Management, coaching, fitness, integrity?

We all play with the same cap so what happening?

Sure blame back ending deals. Thats been the blame for 4- 5 years now.

Time for the players to show some spine. Stop looking for the Monday payslip.

Yeah yeah blah blah Ox isnt a team player..Ox is fair weather. No I have had enough of the crap this club dishes up.

No I dont have to be a muppet in the black ole to be a true supporter, but why should I dish out a few hundred a game to watch shite?

Those players you mentioned, I don't think our failure to get the best out of them is Gould and Cleary's fault. It hasn't even been half a season Ox. Problems are being dealt with, you can't expect instant results. Big problems take time.

soc123_au

Staff member
Settle OX. By the sound of things it is lucky I have been in China & missed the last 2 games. It will turn around eventually. You will be there again next year, same as every other year we have been shit. As fibro said we are a Mick Gordon & a Frank Pritchard away from being decent. The tide will turn.

The OX

Juniors
Your shout for Peking duck Soc. see you this week.

You can give me an uppercut on behalf of the rest of the forum, but hey a bloke has to vent.

Pugzley

Chin up, OX. Penrith has a habit of having a rough patch for 1-3 season and making a finals charge the next. Besides, the season not even halfway yet. Only 9 rounds in still.

penrithmob 65

Juniors
No doubt we will struggle with the current squad.But at least the next generation is coming through. Tia kilitiffi will play a few games back end of the year for windsor bryce cartwright has made the step up to u20 and done well.All is not lost ther are several others pushing through as well

rem286

Juniors
I have to say I am with The Ox here and I do see it like a business. If you don't promote a good quality product then you can't blame people for not buying into it. Regardless of the result they all get their pay cheque and for a lot of them it is a lot bigger than mine. The money it cost for me and the family to attend each year might not seem a lot for many of you but it is for me so I at least expect a decent performance and that the money going into the club is used wisely. Call me what you will, I really don't care. I have been a Panther fan for over 30 years and always will be, but like The Ox I might wait for some better footy.

murraymob

Coach
rem
next time your in the crowd have a look around.not many of us have a lot of spare cash and its a lot for us as well.i do agree with ox in all his points.But i can see the changes happening

The results in first grade are not good true .But cleary has inhereted a poor squad and needs to be given time to change it .The juniors had a good year.Windsor is a fair way ahead of where they sat this time last year.
Hang in there ox and remi the tide is turning

franklin2323

Immortal
Until I get the real reason why Jennings was dropped. I will not spend another cent on this club. I will go & watch NYC & go home home without spending anything at the game.

I don't work 50+ hours a week give up family time. To have our best player dropped for 'form' when he was 1 of the best for us 1 of those games.

franklin2323

Immortal
Club is bigger than one player i thought

It is. It's not the dropping it's the lies. I don't like being told our best back is dropped on form when he's in pretty good form. They should just say he's been a d!ck at training or had a blow up with the coach or whatever. Being attitude related & form related is 2 different things.

franklin2323

Immortal
Lets see what comes out in the coming days

I am hoping that over the next few days information comes out. I realise Jennings has form for poor behaviour.

The whole off season & even the 1st month of the year we hear how impressed they are with him. He had good enough form to be considered a certainity for Origin a month ago.

Now his form is so bad he was dropped when there has been 10 or so playing worse. I dare say it's attitude.