What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For the inevitable trolls

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Decison 1 - Carney's try - wrong

Decison 2 - Tanner's knock on and the no try - right then wrong. Was definitely a double knock on but should of been a Knights scrum. Who cares, our scrambling had ya anyway

Decision 3 - Quinn try - correct. A clear knock on

Decision 4 - Lowrie fugg up. Correct. He lost it cold. Don't believe that Simmons hit it out though Sharks fans. If he did it would of been a dropout.

Whinge away Knight fans. Don't forget to include Gene!

JimSeeFanClub

Juniors
I saw it different.
Decision 1: Kearney Try - Appeared wrong but it was the touvh judges call and he was right there.
Decision 2: Tanners kniock on and the no try: If anything Kimmorley knocked it back and Tanner knocked it on. I thought it was the correct decision.
Decision 3: If the Sharks had of had that try disallowed I would have been pissed off. I thought it was a try, especially when you watch it in real time.
Decision 4: Was clearly the right decision.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
JimSeeFanClub said:
I saw it different.
Decision 1: Kearney Try - Appeared wrong but it was the touvh judges call and he was right there.
Decision 2: Tanners kniock on and the no try: If anything Kimmorley knocked it back and Tanner knocked it on. I thought it was the correct decision.
Decision 3: If the Sharks had of had that try disallowed I would have been pissed off. I thought it was a try, especially when you watch it in real time.
Decision 4: Was clearly the right decision.

Decision 2: Not possible. Kimmorley touched it onto Tanner who was behind him. Knock on. Tanner touched in onto the posts. Double knock on.

Decision 3: That's why there is the video ref. To negate the illusion real time gives. In the slow motion you can clearly see Quinn get to the ball. Touches it once before his hand comes off the ball and he retouches it. Knock on. I wouldn't of been pissed off if it was us.

White Poiner

Coach
imasharkie said:
I reckon we were very lucky to win.

Agreed..

If one of those trys was actually awarded.. we were gone.

But it didnt happen.. and we are 2nd atm.. Life is good for Cronulla.

Card Shark

Immortal
It is hard to believe all of those last 3 decisions went our way - I thought the 2nd last 1 was gunna be a try 'cause the video ref disallowed the previous 1.
I was expecting a square up.

Generalzod

Immortal
Novocastrians were pretty upset after the game, 2gb was inundated with disgruntled Knights fans complaining about refereeing decisions, it made for great listening.

millersnose

Post Whore
every call was correct

in fact we had some bad calls go against us

about 10 forward passes and while they were attacking us in the second half they got another six even though they knocked on

Shark

Bench
I'll go with:

1. Carney - No try. Fair call. Touchie was there, forward pass from Johns, the final pass to Carney was OK but it was too late by then.

2. The Kimmorley/Tanner No Try - I'm with Frenz. They should have had the scrum awarded, but would it have changed the result? I dunno.

3. The Quinn No Try - A bloody hard call. It's all about control isn't it? On balance, I thought it was going to be a try or at least a ref's call. I'm not complaining though!

4. Lowrie DID f**k it up, didn't he? Simmo forced the mistake by pressuring him, but I didn't see a hand in there knocking it out.

metalshark

Juniors
1st try - appeared wrong but touchie was on spot, correct decision
2nd try - correct decision
3rd try - very tough call. 50/50 i thought and maybe benefit of the doubt
4th try - correct decision

Macca

Coach
Card Shark said:
It is hard to believe all of those last 3 decisions went our way - I thought the 2nd last 1 was gunna be a try 'cause the video ref disallowed the previous 1.
I was expecting a square up.

I told you it was no try mate.

BTW, I owe you a beer.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
millersnose said:
every call was correct

in fact we had some bad calls go against us

about 10 forward passes and while they were attacking us in the second half they got another six even though they knocked on

Bedsy threw about 8 of them from DH, yet he was only pinged on the very first one. I thought Joey's pass for Smith's try was dubious as well.

I noticed that too Millers. Fortunately we kept the Knights out on the next set.

Quinns grounding was the one I thought was closest to a try.

And I disagree with Frenzy's view of Lowrie's no try. The force of Simmos tackle forced the ball from LOwrie's grasp. No knock on because the ball was dislodged in a legit tackle. Wasn't a strip. There's no rule against targeting the ball carrier in a tackle to make an error. Simmons meant to do it and succeeded.

I'm also that the momentum of the ball was towards the Sharks line in the Kimmorley incident. DOn't think a knock on by Noddy is possible. It was simultaneous and I reckon most of the force came from the Knights player.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Simmons did nothing to cause lowrie dropping it except being there.
lowrie carried it wrong & dropped it cold when he dived.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Frenzy. said:
Decison 1 - Carney's try - wrong

Decison 2 - Tanner's knock on and the no try - right then wrong. Was definitely a double knock on but should of been a Knights scrum. Who cares, our scrambling had ya anyway

Decision 3 - Quinn try - correct. A clear knock on

Decision 4 - Lowrie fugg up. Correct. He lost it cold. Don't believe that Simmons hit it out though Sharks fans. If he did it would of been a dropout.

Whinge away Knight fans. Don't forget to include Gene!
Decision one was wrong. Flat? Yes. Forward? No.

Decision two was not a try - I agree there, but it should have been a double knock-on, hence a scrum 10m out with a Knights feed.

Decision three - Quinn try correct??? Obviously you weren't watching the same game as what Warren Smith, Laurie Daley, Greg Alexander, Peter Sterling, Paul Vautin were. They all said that it should have been a try. Anyway if it was a knock on it should have been a penalty to us because Simmons got a hand to the ball, and Albert came from an offside position to pressure Quinn.

Decision four - Lowrie f**ked up, agreed there as well.

Btw what about the Quinn knock back in the in-goal in the fifth minute, yet the Sharks somehow got a 20m restart. WTF :?

Don't like disappointing you Sharky fans. Thought u came up with a thread for us to have a whinge, so I'm having a whinge :p