What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 TV and Streaming Ratings Discussion

Wb1234

Immortal
So is international RL appealing or not?

If not, why keep citing it in code-war contexts? Just accept that NRL v AFL is domestic comp v domestic comp. With Origin as the only differentiation.
[/QUOTE
]
Cause it’s funny to wind up afl fans

Its appeal is on par with an nrl finals game when Australia plays so that’s not so bad

Crowds for Australia in oz and nz in nz are poor though

The big one is Samoa v Tonga which could be huge

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I love it, I always have. SOO isn't a thing to me except watching a good game.
Whereas watching Tonga or Samoa beat Aus, NZ or England is very appealing to me.
The international game is my favourite form of Rugby league. I'm craving more Aus v England, we haven't had a single match since 2017. Also I'm excited to see how far Samoa's current golden generation can go

Frank Burge

Juniors
AFL Troll: We are the true Australian national football code.

LU Stalwart: Fumbleball is a cult. RL is an international game.

AFL Troll: But none of you give a crap about Poms and Kiwis. All you care about is NRL and Origin.

LU Stalwart: I agree.
In this age where attention spans can only be measured in nanoseconds staying relevant 12 months of the year giving content to the networks and news outlets is important . While Alf is giving up the offseason to cricket in the wasteland states up here in the big leagues we have the cricket personalities criticising the nrl for being relevant in December and January