What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For those who can also read

I love sci-fi and your blurb has piqued my interest so I look forward to reading your novel.
One thing I noticed in you blurb - second line - spelling error, you've written " life abroad the HMS Britannia " should be aboard. Actually two things - your chapter listings are all listed as Chatter 1 , Chatter 2 etc instead of Chapter. Sorry.
I’ll fix up the typo. It needs a professional edit too. So it’s still rough and ready.

And yep. Chatter. Something different.

Last edited:

Parra

Referee
I've been smashing through the Aubrey-Maturin series. The first book is Master & Commander and this is the title of the movie from the series. Fantastic adventure read and plenty of nautical history and strange terms that you will become familiar with. Really enjoying the read - it is 20 novels that Patick O'brien completed over 30 years.

Perth Tiger

Bench
I am about to finish the last book (book 4) in the Books of Babel series by Josiah Bancroft. I get a bit of a Terry Pratchett vibe from it and it has become one of my favorite series.

Eelectrica

Referee
Pretty much all last year I was reading the Wars of Light and Shadow series by Janny Wurts. One more book to go, yet to be finished, but I believe it's well on the way to completion. Great fantasy series.
Last night I finished the final Expanse novel. Leviathan Falls. Perfect ending to a brilliant series.
Might read it again some time.

Not sure what I'm reading next, might be time to revisit the Dune series. I know I've read the first trilogy about 20 years ago, so probably need to read the whole thing.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Pretty much all last year I was reading the Wars of Light and Shadow series by Janny Wurts. One more book to go, yet to be finished, but I believe it's well on the way to completion. Great fantasy series.
Last night I finished the final Expanse novel. Leviathan Falls. Perfect ending to a brilliant series.
Might read it again some time.

Not sure what I'm reading next, might be time to revisit the Dune series. I know I've read the first trilogy about 20 years ago, so probably need to read the whole thing.

I'm starting Leviathan Falls next, glad to see it went well.

Parra

Referee
I've been smashing through the Aubrey-Maturin series. The first book is Master & Commander and this is the title of the movie from the series. Fantastic adventure read and plenty of nautical history and strange terms that you will become familiar with. Really enjoying the read - it is 20 novels that Patick O'brien completed over 30 years.

It was a very worthwhile marathon. Could start again from the beginning. I am sure this series will be something to go back to over the years.

Also read Bomber Mafia by Malcolm Gladwell. Fascinating & easy read about the different bomber and bomb strategies that shaped WW2 through to today.

Currently on Digital Silk Road - contemporary book about the growth and influence of Chinese tech across the globe. Also fascinating and related to current events.

Parra

Referee
Have you listened to the podcast episodes?
Revisionist History? Not for a few years. Does he do one on bomber mafia? His early ones were great for long drives. 'The Lady Vanishes' and the McDonald's fries episodes come straight to mind.

Matua

Bench
Revisionist History? Not for a few years. Does he do one on bomber mafia? His early ones were great for long drives. 'The Lady Vanishes' and the McDonald's fries episodes come straight to mind.
Yeah, he did about 4 episodes based on bomber mafia.

Parra

Referee
Finished The Overstory by Richard Powers.

Thank god it ended. I got into this, got it, and then it feels like and endless slog. Which could be the point. Talk about flogging a dead horse, in this case a dead tree.

PJ

First Grade
Just finished the latest from Stuart Macbride. 3/5

Normally love his work, and Logan and Steele are two of my favourite literary characters, but this one didn't do it for me.

The twist that comes about 80% of the way through was no surprise and I felt it was clumsy while the ending was just too far fetched.

ACTPanthers

Bench
The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness

Absolute gold! Great read and one of the most interesting stories I've ever read

YoHadrian

Juniors
9780241955024.ME.0.m.jpg

Latest posts