What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foran Is Coming

About 15mins in today, commentary said he hadn't touched the ball, I thought he had 3 times by then.

He just adds so many things, leadership, options, execution and takes pressure of SJ.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
About 15mins in today, commentary said he hadn't touched the ball, I thought he had 3 times by then.

He just adds so many things, leadership, options, execution and takes pressure of SJ.

Haha yeah, I heard that too. I know it's an easy sport criticising those commentators but they are consistently abysmal. He'd touched the ball a couple of times by then, and add to that the fact that Glen Larmer was calling him 'Foreign'. And Semi was 'Ranradra' to dyslexic Daryl.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
How is it actually pronounced? I know Fijian has its own pronunciation rules that don't work in the same way as Polynesian languages do, for example Civenoceva is pronounced "Thivenotheva" and Tuquiri is "Tungiri".

Well it can't be Ranradra, given it's spelled Rad-rad-ra. Surely the Rad-rad makes the same noise! Not in Daryl's world.

Cs are Ths in Fijian, ie Joe Rokocoko was Joe Roko-tho-ko. I'm not sure of Semi but I've always heard Rad-rad-ra (as it looks) until dyslexic Daryl took it over.

It's just incredible that SKY keep hiring guys who can't speak or hold a decent thought. Daryl is the worst, Dayle Husband used to overpronounce names too, Peter Ropati seemed to not have English as his first language, and McIvor/McClennan battle too. Monty is reasonably new but pretty dire as well, I don't mind Barnett although he's looking like a 5 in a room of 1s and 2s.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he was actually the first Warrior to touch the ball (catching the opening kickoff) so that call had me shaking my head for that reason alone.

Halligan is full of weird words and phrases, haven't heard him use "Johnny on the spot" for a while, which was his go-to multiple times a game not that long ago.

Must play the Halligan drinking game one day (with low % alcohol so as to not die of alcohol poisoning).

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Well it can't be Ranradra, given it's spelled Rad-rad-ra. Surely the Rad-rad makes the same noise! Not in Daryl's world.

Cs are Ths in Fijian, ie Joe Rokocoko was Joe Roko-tho-ko. I'm not sure of Semi but I've always heard Rad-rad-ra (as it looks) until dyslexic Daryl took it over.

It's just incredible that SKY keep hiring guys who can't speak or hold a decent thought. Daryl is the worst, Dayle Husband used to overpronounce names too, Peter Ropati seemed to not have English as his first language, and McIvor/McClennan battle too. Monty is reasonably new but pretty dire as well, I don't mind Barnett although he's looking like a 5 in a room of 1s and 2s.

I suspect it could be something like Randrada with an n sound softening the d (in the same way general Rabuka was pronounced Rambuka).

Latest posts