What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foran is going?

shiznit

Coach
I think all the talk about Melbourne being favourites is good for the Warriors.

Being based in Melbourne really isn't any closer than being in Auckland.

It's still a flight... maybe abit longer... but I think if you weigh up all the positives from staying in Auckland(friendlier media, his mates, the loyalty he probably wants to show Doyle). I don't think money will be a big issue. I think the Warriors will be able to get pretty close to matching anything Melbourne could offer... especially when you consider the 3rd party deals he will be able to do here...

If the Warriors lose him it will be because he wants to go back to Sydney to be with his Kids.

Which is fair enough IMO...

shiznit

Coach
so does he want to be closer to his kids or he wants to get back with the mother
TBH that's really something for him and his Mrs/Ex-Mrs.

I think the Warriors just have to give him support and if he chooses to leave for whatever reason then so be it.

I think even if the club only ends up with 1 season with him... from a NZRL standpoint it was the right thing to do.

He's a Kiwi boy... and he needed some help... They have brought him back from a pretty dark place... which even if he does leave... will only help the clubs reputation amongst the players and with the managers.

And I don't really know if they are going to lose too much if he says he wants to leave... Lolohea and his manager were the main ones moaning about Foran signing... and I don't know if Tui's play has really put himself in any sort of demand.

I'm sure Doyle will put the clubs best foot forward and let him make his decision.

If he does move on I don't think the Warriors will be any worse off than where they were 12 months ago.

jaseg

Juniors
I thought I saw some gossip-y headline during the summer about Foran with some other woman.. if that had any truth to it then it's probably just the kids.

Foran owes us nothing apart from this season - the only way this becomes an outright bad signing is if it leads to us losing both him and Ata.

Rich102

Staff member
I think, if Foran leaves after one season, at least it demonstrates that we have been lacking in the halves.

Scott

Bench
Surely we all knew it was only for this season, didn't we. Crucial that we make the most of it. The good signs have been there in the last 2 weeks. Plenty to work on, but the pleasing thing is the defence against the Eels & the attention to detail.

Playing week in week out with Foran should in theory benefit SJ going forward (provided he re-signs) and hopefully Ata continues to develop too.

TBH that's really something for him and his Mrs/Ex-Mrs.

I think the Warriors just have to give him support and if he chooses to leave for whatever reason then so be it.

I think even if the club only ends up with 1 season with him... from a NZRL standpoint it was the right thing to do.

He's a Kiwi boy... and he needed some help... They have brought him back from a pretty dark place... which even if he does leave... will only help the clubs reputation amongst the players and with the managers.

And I don't really know if they are going to lose too much if he says he wants to leave... Lolohea and his manager were the main ones moaning about Foran signing... and I don't know if Tui's play has really put himself in any sort of demand.

I'm sure Doyle will put the clubs best foot forward and let him make his decision.

If he does move on I don't think the Warriors will be any worse off than where they were 12 months ago.

Excellent point.
And look where he is now

Benek

Juniors
NRL 360 reporting that Foran's child custody deal would require him in Sydney. Sounds very likely that's going to put him at the Bulldogs next season.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Kent suits his last name well. He wouldn't have a clue.

Kinda bored of all the guesswork, geez let's just enjoy him being on our team and what will happen, will happen when it happens.

Rich102

Staff member
Shame. There are a lot of other contracts swinging on the signing of him and Johnson.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Interesting to see what Kearney does now. I agree we need to lock up Shaun but I'm not on board with throwing the whole bank account at him. If he does decide to go though it forces us to change the whole place and style of play that we have.

Not sure what I want tbh! Can't remember a season like this in terms of player movement across the board.

Rich102

Staff member
Canterbury have landed two massive blows, the Roosters have got their No. 1 target and the Wests Tigers have been gutted as the NRL player market kicks into overdrive.

James Tedesco and Aaron Woods are leaving the Tigers with the fullback joining the Roosters and the prop linking with the Bulldogs, who have also snapped up KieranForan after just missing out on snaring Tedesco.

The Warriors star will join next season and will reportedly sign for a three-year deal.

The Bulldogs will announce their signings next week.

Tedesco was all but "over the line" at the Bulldogs before the Roosters stepped in to trump their offer, ending weeks of the most frantic contract negotiations.

The Wests Tigers were still unaware of the latest developments, giving Tedesco and Woods a deadline of Friday afternoon to reveal decisions they have in fact already made.

It's understood Woods and Tedesco have already informed some Tigers teammates of their decision to leave the club.

The signing of three of the NRL's biggest names has massive ramifications for the Bulldogs, the Newcastle Knights, the Wests Tigers and St George Illawarra.

Foran rejected the Storm and the Newcastle Knights for the same reason - to be closer to his young children on Sydney's northern beaches.

The game's next big signing blitz will now involve the unwanted Bulldogs stars.

The Roosters too will almost certainly have to offload players to get Tedesco on board in a $1 million plus contract.

By The Daily Telegraph, Phil Rothfield
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/league/news/article.cfm?c_id=79&objectid=11842206

Meth

Staff member
I agree with the general thread of comments here. Foran came for a season and he'll leave after a season. No harm, no foul. Wish he'd stay for longer, but that's up to him. Certainly, the difference he has made has shown how important finding Johnson a decent halves partner is. And we also need to make the most of this year now.