What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

form props so far

Myles for mine but I'd like to see O'Meley's name on here considering the money we dished out for him. Oh well still early in the season I guess.

sooperdooper

First Grade
Form:
Cashmere, Hannant, Civ, Bailey (before injury)
I rate: Scott Logan and Payten for those who mentioned him...

the Aussie front row will be similar to ones in the past

macavity

Referee
for the Kiwis, Jesse Royal would have to be in with a shot. aside from Asotasi, no Kiwi props have really stood up, and Jess is in absolutely fantastic form.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I think Tuimavave might be in with a shot of making his test debut.

Cayless and Asotasi will be starting props.

God-King Dean

Immortal
You must be joking or you are rooting Ryles.
Ryles is a dog, he has a big ego but his performances on the field have been ordinary at best, to consider that idiot in any rep team shows the complete dearth of talent in the fron row position.

Another muppet buying into the hype.

Tipping Ryles for bench spot this year.

macavity

Referee
would take Royal over Cayless in a heartbeat - he has been awful this year.

Tui is class.

Rapira has been pretty average.

you guys really are struggling for that workhorse prop to take the load off Asotasi - and I think Jess fits the bill perfectly.

having said that, while I would be chuffed for the guy, I would rather him be fresh to play for us!

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I can't really comment too in depth on him because I have only really seen him play a couple of games.

But I'd say Kearney will go with Cayless up front for his experience and leadership. Asotasi will be alongside him. Then guys like Royal, Lima, Rapira, Evarn, Moimoi etc will be battling it out for a a couple spots on the bench.

Lima has to be a special for the Kiwi side. He's stepped up another notch since making his debut last year, and has really lead our pack around while White has been injured.

Goldthorpe

Bench
I personally think the best 5 Props so far this season has been

01. Petero Civoniceva [Penrith Panthers]
02. Nathan Cayless [Parramatta Eels]
03. Jason Ryles [St George Illawarra Dragons]
04. Ray Cashmere [North Queensland Cowboys]
05. Roy Asotasi [South Sydney Rabbitohs]

Obviously the injury to Luke Bailey [Gold Coast Titans] who has missed 2 games has affected his ranking. Special mention to Michael Greenfield [South Sydney Rabbitohs] as well who was in fine form for the first 3 games of the year. As other people have said Tony Puletua [Penrith Panthers] has been in good form since his movement from the interchange bench to the front row.

I also think Scott Logan [Canberra Raiders] is way down on form especially compared to his last season. How people think he is one of the form front rowers of the 2008 season is beyond me.

Danos

Juniors
It's still Petro.. he's just gone a little unnoticed being in one of the bottom teams this year.

Gee, Hannant is getting a lot of wraps for a front rower who averages 80 metres a game.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Been very happy with Scotty Logan and Troy Thompson for canberra

Hannett and Myles are the form front rowers of the comp IMO

Goldthorpe

Bench
Been very happy with Scotty Logan and Troy Thompson for canberra
How can you be happy with your number 1 front rower only playing 36.7 minutes a game? Plus hitting the ball up 8.7 times a game and making only 62.0 metres. Plus his work rate in defence hasn’t been too crash hot both only making 12.3 tackles and missing 1.3 tackles.

I think Scotty Logan needs to find his 2007 form.

mxlegend99

Referee
It's still Petro.. he's just gone a little unnoticed being in one of the bottom teams this year.

Gee, Hannant is getting a lot of wraps for a front rower who averages 80 metres a game.
Yeah Petero has been going great. Averaging 145 metres a game for the Panthers. He is 4th on the metres gained list, with the rest of the top 5 being fullbacks.

Nightward

Juniors

He has a very high tackle rate, very effective at closing down the centre of the field. IIRC he's beaten Hindmarsh a few times in that stat this season.

As far as not making metres goes, have you watched the Broncos' games? Ever? Opposing teams bring their A-games every time and know they have to shut the forwards down. There's probably a reason his running stat is a bit lower on average than others, and he's still doing harder work in defence and on the front foot.

Goldthorpe

Bench
He has a very high tackle rate, very effective at closing down the centre of the field. IIRC he's beaten Hindmarsh a few times in that stat this season.

As far as not making metres goes, have you watched the Broncos' games? Ever? Opposing teams bring their A-games every time and know they have to shut the forwards down. There's probably a reason his running stat is a bit lower on average than others, and he's still doing harder work in defence and on the front foot.
Average Tackles Made [Front Rowers]
01. Luke Douglas (Cronulla Sharks) 31.2
02. Luke Bailey (Gold Coast Titans) 30.2
03. Jason Ryles (St George Illawarra Dragons) 30.2
04. Nathan Cayless (Parramatta Eels) 28.7
05. Justin Poore (St George Illawarra Dragons) 28.4
06. Roy Asotasi (South Sydney Rabbitohs) 27.8
07. Ben Hannant (Brisbane Broncos) 27.3

As for Tackle Efficiency [Tackles/Tackles Attempted] Ben Hannant ranks 42nd [out of 56] front rowers this season with 89.2%.

Latest posts