What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Form slump : (

to_ddeath

Coach
On paper losing 6 is shocking but there is a lot of reasons behind that. I am amazed how injuries are not being considered and ref calls. They did not cop 1 or 2 injuries it was the whole backrow and their backup. They needed 2 guys to fill in spots after joining the club 48 hrs prior, that is how dire it got. I have never seen this bad an injury list in such a short time following the Dragons. They usually cop 1 or 2 in drips and drabs but your talking 10+ players over a period of 6 weeks. Must be some record.

It's funny how when they won 8 some did not give them as much credit as it deserved. It was as if it was expected and an easy thing to do yet apart from the competition leaders no other team has won more than 6 straight.

Melb will be tough but not the end of the season if they lose. It will just make it alot tougher to make the 8 winning a majority of your remaining games. People must have forgotten the Browny, David Waite and Farrah days because that is how they finished most seasons under them.

Yes that's true re our past coaches who had arguably stronger squads on paper than the present one.
However we haven't made the 8 since 2011, so you have to understand that the excuses from coaching staff & management have totally worn thin with many supporters out there.

T.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Time will tell I suppose. I can see a few more twists and turns to come in this comp. Dogs, Sharks, Dragons and Raiders will fight for the last 2 spots. Raiders followed by Saints have the better run.

Top 8 games to be played in the next 7 rounds:-

Dogs - Sharks, Broncos, Roosters, Rabbits Warriors.
Sharks - Dogs, Warriors, Cows, Storm
Saints - Storm, Broncs and Warriors.
Raiders - Cows - Wow how good is their run home.....

My tip is assuming teams win against bottom placed sides:-
Dogs to beat Sharks this week and lose other games against top 4 sides - Finish 26 pts
Sharks to lose all 4 games finish on 28 pts
Dragons lose 2 of 3 top 8 games and finish on 30 pts (Hopefully beat Warriors as they have a great record against them)
Raiders lose to Cows but win the rest to finish on 30 pts

Hopefully that happens as it doesn't sound too unreasonable.

The Chef

Juniors
Take it easy Emu,

this weekend, just take your missus away for the weekend. Disconnect the radio in your car, turn off wifi on your phone and go somewhere where there's no internet. Try camping.

cheers.

I'm struggling with the 6 loses.I know it's only a game but with each loss I have gradually gotten worse.I think it's just the fact we were winning the comp before the 6 straight.Everywhere I go I'm known as a dragons fan so people are ripping into me about every game now.Im even fighting with my girl more often these days each week I tell myself ok "this week a win will turn around our season".We lose and all the negative thoughts come back to me..it's the waste of the good start which hurts the most and the fact I can't see a win in sight..The 3 reasons for our form slump are 1Benji : can be a match winner he shows glimpses but a shadow of his former self:2Home Games:Doust giving away our home games is the craziest idea ever,I know we had to because of money but fair dinkum no other team would even contemplate such a stupid idea,imagine Roosters or Sharks giving up just 1 home game it wouldn't happen but we give up 4!! To make matters worse we played The Roosters at their home ground I went to that game and was embarrassing cos their was more roosters fans out our home game!! They could not believe we would be so stupid to hand them another home game!!3:Injuries everyone knows about or injury dramas all at once makes winning difficult...So to sum up its a combination of poor form from playmakers,terrible mis management from Doust and Injuries..I hope we can beat the Storm this week something tells me we are a chance maybe because it's played in Nz get away from here and leave the losing feeling behind in Oz..How are you guys/women dealing with this slump??any ideas of how to feel better??Maybe I should watch the 2010 grand final over and over.lol thanks for listening to my rant..

Emu01

Juniors
Thanks Chef,I'm getting nervous already about this game,but I really think we can beat the storm away from Melbourne..

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I would be more worried about getting more injuries than winning. If they lose this game it would still leave Saints with some hope but if they cop some serious injuries then playing Newcastle next week will make it tougher to win. The Sharks v Scum play so they will still be 2 points out of the 8. Whilst Saints play Knights next week, Dogs have Roosters and Sharks have Warriors. Saints will make some ground and could possibly be in the 8 next week.

Minh

First Grade
It is a worrying form slump, a combination of injuries and playing some really good teams. Even Bennett coached teams have gone through this on many occasions.