What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Manly Sea Eagle junior Jamil Hopoate convicted for drink-driving

The Colonel

Immortal
RISING rugby league star Jamil Hopoate had his provisional driver's licence suspended for six months after pleading guilty to mid-range drink driving.
The 18-year-old Parramatta Eels player was sentenced in Manly Local Court on Thursday.
Police stopped him on October 4 at 7pm on McIntosh Rd, Narraweena, not far from his Waratah Pde home.
A police statement of facts tendered to the court showed he had a blood alcohol reading of 0.127.
Hopoate admitted to consuming 12 bottles of 330ml Corona beers at Dee Why Beach between 1pm and 4pm.
``Throughout the process the accused was cooperative with police,'' the statement said.
His licence was immediately suspended.
On Thursday, he was disqualified from driving for six months and he was also fined $500.

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.a...or-jamil-hopoate-convicted-for-drink-driving/

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
He made a mistake, cooperated with Police, pleaded guilty and has copped his punishment on the chin.

Moving on.

eels81236

Bench
People are always complaining about the kids drinking at the park down at that beach. The filthy merkins always leave their bottles and rubbish behind. Clean your shit up, grubs, or ruin it for everyone.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
People are always complaining about the kids drinking at the park down at that beach. The filthy merkins always leave their bottles and rubbish behind. Clean your shit up, grubs, or ruin it for everyone.

Living on beach that definitely pisses me off especially when the bin is near by. What gets me even more annoyed is glass bottles left behind or even broken, good way to end up in hospital with several stitches

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Living on beach that definitely pisses me off especially when the bin is near by. What gets me even more annoyed is glass bottles left behind or even broken, good way to end up in hospital with several stitches

Probably blow-ins. If you don't live near the beach don't come to it! Filthy merkins.

magpie4ever

First Grade

Where do you want them to live in the bin?:cool::lol::D

Maroubra Eel

Coach
.127 is mid-range? .... its more than twice the limit for non-P platers

Yep it's mid range for fully licensed drivers. P platers aren't allowed any alcohol. Seems like a pretty lenient fine. Maybe drink driving isn't so bad afterall. If it was, I'm sure the penalties would be harsher.

natheel

Coach

The car park at main beach kiama in the school holidays is ridiculous. A new spot kids have started hanging out down here is an abandoned mansion at minnamurra

jono

Juniors
I tell you what really pissed me off a few years ago , I took my then two year old to local little park in Merewether and let him slide down a covered slippery dip only to find broken beer bottle at the bottom of it. VERY lucky he wasn't severely cut

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
.127 is mid-range? .... its more than twice the limit for non-P platers

Between .08 and .15 is mid range.

0.000 - 0.019 is Novice range. Mainly for P and L platers and unlicensed drivers
0.020 - 0.049 is Special range. Professional drivers (eg Taxis), driving a hired vehicle, coach or heavy vehicles, carrying dangerous goods (eg fuel)
0.050 - 0.079 is Low range.
0.079 - 0.149 is Mid range.
0.150+ is High range.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
0.000 - 0.019 is Novice range. Mainly for P and L platers and unlicensed drivers
0.020 - 0.049 is Special range. Professional drivers (eg Taxis), driving a hired vehicle, coach or heavy vehicles, carrying dangerous goods (eg fuel)
0.050 - 0.079 is Low range.
0.079 - 0.149 is Mid range.
0.150+ is High range.

So he was on the upper limit of the 2nd highest range for a P plater and only got a 6 month suspension.
That's ridiculous.