What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

mxlegend99

Referee
He is old school ball playing lock... if only they existed now
In the right team there's room for any types of players and not sticking to the same mould can sometimes be an advantage.

Maybe the ship has sailed for him altogether. But with the talent he had I would imagine the right coach or team can get him playing good solid footy again. I hope he returns and we get him on a minimum wage contract. I find it hard to rule players out completely for failing at a team like Titans. Some might have failed anywhere... but they seem to have more than their share fail.

Tronald Crump

Juniors
The Titans got screwed. Massively overpaying for duds.
Taylor, Latu, Peach and Carty. I think Peats is on big coin too. Proctor hasn't done much.
I still thing Peach has something to offer, but not up there.

franklin2323

Immortal
In the right team there's room for any types of players and not sticking to the same mould can sometimes be an advantage.

Maybe the ship has sailed for him altogether. But with the talent he had I would imagine the right coach or team can get him playing good solid footy again. I hope he returns and we get him on a minimum wage contract. I find it hard to rule players out completely for failing at a team like Titans. Some might have failed anywhere... but they seem to have more than their share fail.

I had hoped Roosters winning back to back comps with Radley would lead to more teams doing it. I love a ball lock hopefully teams bring them back instead of having an extra prop

Bryce is done. Easily the worst fall from grace I've seen from a footballer.

I don’t think he was ever that good to begin with. Looked like Tarzan, played like Jane.

I mean he has nice hand skills, he’s really a 5/8 trapped in a back rowers body. But even when he was perceived to be playing well here, it was all mostly the creative side of things. He never did the hard work you need from a backrower.

betcats

Referee
Fair to assume that no play, no pay is the go. Bryce may be looking at another club or have the shot.

He is massively overpaid at 600k so the titans wont be sorry about that. Bryce will surely try legal action now though. Anyway he has chosen a very silly hill to die alone on IMO, even after this clears up for him what will his next offer be 200k?

TheFrog

Coach
Fair to assume that no play, no pay is the go. Bryce may be looking at another club or have the shot.
He must be so torn. He'd have to be harboring hopes of resurrecting his career and fulfilling his undoubted potential as a footballer, and now his career is at the crossroads. Even if he has the shot he loses face, people would say money has overridden principles, and who knows the effect on his marriage. He's painted himself into a corner. What is unfortunate is that there's other players doing the same thing, but because of what is really a whim of a state Government, they are free to play and he isn't.

I was reading yesterday Ben Barba, Dally M medal winner and Man of Steel, is now a metalworker (appropriate perhaps) on $20 an hour. I wonder if Bryce saw that.

franklin2323

Immortal
He is massively overpaid at 600k so the titans wont be sorry about that. Bryce will surely try legal action now though. Anyway he has chosen a very silly hill to die alone on IMO, even after this clears up for him what will his next offer be 200k?

Depends what the cap is but somewhere between minimum wage and ave

TheFrog

Coach
I mean he has nice hand skills, he’s really a 5/8 trapped in a back rowers body. But even when he was perceived to be playing well here, it was all mostly the creative side of things. He never did the hard work you need from a backrower.
You're right. Isaah Yeo he aint. But he could win you a game, even up to the 2017 final against Manly, his next to last game with us. He used to do it every game in the lower grades. I don't recall him doing it even once at the Titans though.

You're right. Isaah Yeo he aint. But he could win you a game, even up to the 2017 final against Manly, his next to last game with us. He used to do it every game in the lower grades. I don't recall him doing it even once at the Titans though.

He cost them games from terrible miss tackles

Kilkenny

Coach
There was an interesting opinion piece in one of the Sydney newspapers about how NRL players have no issues getting tattoos and the associated health issues around the chemical inks used but baulk at getting a flu shot. The hypocrisy is breathtaking.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
There was an interesting opinion piece in one of the Sydney newspapers about how NRL players have no issues getting tattoos and the associated health issues around the chemical inks used but baulk at getting a flu shot. The hypocrisy is breathtaking.

I totally agree with the opinion peice. These footballers are being led around (by their privates) by their instagram influencing wags. When it looked like the money would run rout. They managed to find a foolish doctor who signed off on the paperwork. What a rort.

I'm old enough to remember seeing other children (when very young) attempting to walk using calipers.

To think they are denying this right to their children, to me is nothing short of child abuse.

Within rugby league circles these wags appear to sit at the feet of Taylor winterstein. It is cult like. Taylor creates bullets and barbs for her disciples to fire, whilst sitting pretty in the south of france.

One of the very few things that makes me angry.

Those poor kids not being given the basic right to be vaccinated.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Not to mention Dylan Walker OD. No doubt all have had pain killing injections at some stage

and of course the overdose on script pain killers a couple of years ago.

There is no way Dylan himself wrote that message on his instagram page, (far too many big words in it) no bros, and yums, like you know, for it to work by his own hand. It, like Bryce, Shanelle's, Taylors have been 'ghosted' by behalf of them.