What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

panthersam

Juniors
Jesus Franky, Marsters legitimately would struggle to make our NSW Cup side & Paulo seems like a run of the mill winger.

It's more a reflection on how poorly he played on the day as opposed to the others being 'far better'. Unfortunately I work with a few Bunnies supporters & they can't believe the ManGod has been dropped after one performance.

Many of us on here already called that this would happen, has probably happened a little quicker than we thought though.

franklin2323

Immortal
Jesus Franky, Marsters legitimately would struggle to make our NSW Cup side & Paulo seems like a run of the mill winger.

It's more a reflection on how poorly he played on the day as opposed to the others being 'far better'. Unfortunately I work with a few Bunnies supporters & they can't believe the ManGod has been dropped after one performance.

Both looked pretty good last year and they hardly struggled

Kilkenny

Coach
Ill give you boys your day in the sun. But ManGod will be back or will seal a mid season trade to be coached by Sir Hook.

August 1 signing cut off, unforeseen injury to either To’o or Staines, and there could be a fairy tale return from the sauce. Wouldn’t that generate some debate and conversation on here.

I didn’t see Josh’s debut, he had a shocker by all accounts. It’s Round 1. It is what it is. He’ll bounce back, it’s what he does.

betcats

Referee
Mansour will get another crack for sure. Bennett has used an experienced player who had a bad game to fire a shot across the whole squads bow. Sauce will be back but he will have to play when it happens.

age.s

First Grade
Sauce was dropped here, albeit after a few poor performances rather than just one. He went away, worked on his game and came back in much better form. I'd back him in to do the same at Souffs.

betcats

Referee
Sauce was dropped here, albeit after a few poor performances rather than just one. He went away, worked on his game and came back in much better form. I'd back him in to do the same at Souffs.

The only worry for him is if Paulo goes well are they going to drop a 20yo who is in good form? Sauce might find himself waiting for an injury if that happens.

panthersam

Juniors
The only worry for him is if Paulo goes well are they going to drop a 20yo who is in good form? Sauce might find himself waiting for an injury if that happens.

Braidon Burns is also due to come back from injury at some point too I assume, might push Sauce down the pecking order again.

I’m not so confident that he will definitely be back in that Souths team come finals time, the coaches and players all seem to be realising pretty quickly that possession and mistake free football will go a long way to winning games with the new rules - even more so than ever before. This makes Sauce’s feet for hands even more of a liability when coming up against the good teams as you are almost certainly going to be punished off the back of it by conceding some points.

The Realist

Juniors
Braidon Burns is also due to come back from injury at some point too I assume, might push Sauce down the pecking order again.

I’m not so confident that he will definitely be back in that Souths team come finals time, the coaches and players all seem to be realising pretty quickly that possession and mistake free football will go a long way to winning games with the new rules - even more so than ever before. This makes Sauce’s feet for hands even more of a liability when coming up against the good teams as you are almost certainly going to be punished off the back of it by conceding some points.

Absolutely this. Sauce is a very slow winger. Strike one.
He is poor under the high ball. Strike two.
He consistently makes 1 or more critical errors every game. Strike Three.

All the run metres and tackle busts in the world can be more than undone by being responsible for poor field position and tries conceded, something the Sauce fan club failed to see.

panthersam

Juniors

All the run metres and tackle busts in the world can be more than undone by being responsible for poor field position and tries conceded, something the Sauce fan club failed to see.

Yep all good points, I have no doubt he will have some more first grade time due to injuries and Souths losing players around Origin time but his days as an automatic selection as a first grade winger are done in my opinion.

martielang

Bench

Tbh that slow, error riddled, Sydney Shield quality winger probably uses his strength & scores one of the times Staines was pushed into touch on Saturday night... something the anti-Sauce club fail to see.

betcats

Referee
Tbh that slow, error riddled, Sydney Shield quality winger probably uses his strength & scores one of the times Staines was pushed into touch on Saturday night... something the anti-Sauce club fail to see.

Which time? Staines didnt get close with his speed, Sauce would've been hammered by multiple defenders instead of just one. He had a chance to go one on one with his winger in the souths game five metres out, cold drop.

WestyLife

First Grade

He rarely if ever scored like that. Most were untouched or diving into the corner just like Staines will be.

martielang

Bench
Which time? Staines didnt get close with his speed, Sauce would've been hammered by multiple defenders instead of just one. He had a chance to go one on one with his winger in the souths game five metres out, cold drop.

Would've came in off his right foot & try timeeeeee.

franklin2323

Immortal

I think Staines is over hyped but no way Mansour gets close. None of his tries last year he beat anyone

He would of gained more than 75m but that is about it