What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

WestyLife

First Grade
I think Staines is over hyped but no way Mansour gets close. None of his tries last year he beat anyone

He would of gained more than 75m but that is about it

Most just see Staines as a good prospect to develop over the coming season. Next in line so to speak.

The Realist

Juniors
Tbh that slow, error riddled, Sydney Shield quality winger probably uses his strength & scores one of the times Staines was pushed into touch on Saturday night... something the anti-Sauce club fail to see.

LOL. The Centre would have enough time to help the winger bundle him in touch, that is if Sauce was in position to receive the ball, or actually caught the ball if it come his way.

Sauce blew many tries in his last few years and was often bundled into touch. It was sad to see him completely blow tries that 3-4 years ago he'd have muscled through the majority of the time.

You are remembering the Sauce that WAS, not what he IS NOW.

snickers007

Juniors
Well he didn't in Round 1. 11 runs for 59m gained.

Charlie had 10 runs for his 75m. Which is hardly fancy, but still has him averaging 50% more metres per run than Mansour

I read somewhere that Mansour had his worst game EVER in terms of metres gained. Crazy

Panther Mick

Juniors
Melbourne are well-known grinders and blew Souths off the park in the 1st half. I am not surprised Mansour and the whole of the Souths team metres were down. The Storm can do that to you.
We calved up a shit Cowboys team. There were plenty of good metres on offer. Unless your Taumalolo.

Original Name

Juniors
LOL. The Centre would have enough time to help the winger bundle him in touch, that is if Sauce was in position to receive the ball, or actually caught the ball if it come his way.

Sauce blew many tries in his last few years and was often bundled into touch. It was sad to see him completely blow tries that 3-4 years ago he'd have muscled through the majority of the time.

You are remembering the Sauce that WAS, not what he IS NOW.
He didn't get bundled into touch. He would usually stop and try to spin away from the fullback/half coming across.

franklin2323

Immortal
The hard truth for sauce is without his blockbusting runs he’s just a short slow winger with suspect hands. He needs to be providing those metres or he won’t be playing first grade.

The issue is younger guys have the same skills

Take his replacement this week. Taller and bigger and 8 years younger

It was a shame Mansour wasn't able to develop more and could handle centre or backrow

The Realist

Juniors
Staines had to pick up the ball off his bootlaces one of the times he got bundled into touch, no way Mansour even catches that pass.

100% this. I remember it clearly. When some fans were raving about Edwards cut out passes, I was wondering why everyone seemed to have forgotten this particular pass which was a little wayward. He had a few more that didn't quite find the mark.

I guess the positive is that he is trying them now days and is getting better bit by bit. Will he ever be good at it? Who knows?

Your point stands though - nobody else at the club would have even gotten a finger on that. Staines had remarkable speed to get to it, and dexterity to grab it but a fraction of a second later he was pushed over. He had no chance of staying in touch, no winger in the world could have not even Sivo.

MugaB

Coach
The issue is younger guys have the same skills

Take his replacement this week. Taller and bigger and 8 years younger

It was a shame Mansour wasn't able to develop more and could handle centre or backrow
Ive been saying this for ages, he needed to move inwards, learn centre, most wingers transition, look at luke lewis, prime example!
To'o hands down improved joshs spot 10000000%

WestyLife

First Grade
100% this. I remember it clearly. When some fans were raving about Edwards cut out passes, I was wondering why everyone seemed to have forgotten this particular pass which was a little wayward. He had a few more that didn't quite find the mark.

I guess the positive is that he is trying them now days and is getting better bit by bit. Will he ever be good at it? Who knows?

Your point stands though - nobody else at the club would have even gotten a finger on that. Staines had remarkable speed to get to it, and dexterity to grab it but a fraction of a second later he was pushed over. He had no chance of staying in touch, no winger in the world could have not even Sivo.

As you said. The positive about Edwards was the effort and demonstrated want to develop that part of his game.