What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

Girds89

Bench
I thought Billy Burns had a really good game tonight.
Two very good weeks in a row. Lots of tackle busts. And played 80 two weeks in a row i think?

Hes certainly much harder to tackle than garner..

Yes he has an error in him but hes got a waaaay higher ceiling than garner.

I really believe ivan could turn him into a capewell for us.

Always liked him and would love to have him back.

Hes had a rough run with injuries last 12 months and has spent a lot of time out and coming back through cup but to play minimal fopty this year and churn out back to back 80min performances in fg says something.

I think we could add 3 or 4kgs of muscle to him..get him to 105kgs. Get him playing a good 50mins a game... no kikau but hes got a lot of potential.

Girds89

Bench
Burto really finding his groove. Wouldn't be shocked if he makes the WC squad. What a stud
Said forever on here i think hes best spot is 13 or second row.

Interesting to hear matty johns on his show tonight...

Asked by fletch if he thinks 6 is his best position... he hesitated. Than he commended his running game. But said he needs a dominant half. Than he said he thinks hed make a great 1 right now and as he gets a bit older a great 13..

A few said on here he could have a crack in the one when he was with us..

But yeah, matty johns thoughts are similar to mine.

Still yet to see a real real dominant 6 performance from him... great great runner.. great long kicking game.. just not sure 6 is hes spot atm.

Always at his best when he is foccused on his running.

Anyway. Laurie was great for the tigers today

Smug Panther

First Grade
Said forever on here i think hes best spot is 13 or second row.

Interesting to hear matty johns on his show tonight...

Asked by fletch if he thinks 6 is his best position... he hesitated. Than he commended his running game. But said he needs a dominant half. Than he said he thinks hed make a great 1 right now and as he gets a bit older a great 13..

A few said on here he could have a crack in the one when he was with us..

But yeah, matty johns thoughts are similar to mine.

Still yet to see a real real dominant 6 performance from him... great great runner.. great long kicking game.. just not sure 6 is hes spot atm.

Always at his best when he is foccused on his running.

Anyway. Laurie was great for the tigers today
In 5 years sure but his spot is 6 for a good while

Kilkenny

Coach
Well it is about time he is playing in the correct grade. About 12 years too late.
That’s our players player of the year in 2011 your disparaging Luke Walsh at his best.

Its hard to believe when you look at some of the players we had in our squad that 2011 season we finished with 8 wins and 16 losses.

Looked like world beaters in our trial games and got thumped at home in our first two games which was infamous for Matt’s Elliot‘s responses along the lines he didn’t see it coming and we didn’t play as we had trained etc etc. I’m only going from memory but wasn’t it the Knights and Sharks who put forty plus on us those two games.

Last edited:

Nealo 12

Bench
That’s our players player of the year in 2011 your disparaging Luke Walsh at his best.
Yes he actually put on a kick near the end of the game that resulted in a try up here , a calm old experienced head was needed and he pulled it off

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Does Matt Moylan scare you?,

He is finally fit , very mature and carving it up.

I know many still hold a candle.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
We also have Wade the halfback hunter, he is awesome, halfbacks hate him.

We are coming....with our juniors too, hate the Storm.

Munky

Coach
I think to beat Penrith two of the back three have to be metre eaters.

Roosters have Suuali and Teddy and Parra with Sivo and Waqa.

Our kick chase and defensive structure chews up small backs.