What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

Kilkenny

Coach
No longer in the NRL - but Travis Burns still playing and giving back.

You could never question his passion or commitment and it is a testament to his character he is still involved in the game at the grass roots level.

To this day, i would maintain his tackle on Martin Kennedy was never worthy of nine weeks, which effectively ended his career. Nine weeks!!!!!!!

Fangs

Coach
I remember that day. He got told by the club he wasn't required for the next year during the week. So Travis booked himself an early holiday with a chicken wing and a send-off for high contact. Gus was not happy in the comm box.

Kilkenny

Coach
I remember that day. He got told by the club he wasn't required for the next year during the week. So Travis booked himself an early holiday with a chicken wing and a send-off for high contact. Gus was not happy in the comm box.
I don’t know whether his impending departure from the club had anything to do with his brain fades, which included the chicken wing as you rightly point out.

I remember the moment, the tackle for which he put the big hit on Kennedy, he was just trying to make a statement, we were well on top at the time on the scoreboard.

It was in no way worthy of the 9 week suspension he was given and I think the media from memory were largely supportive of the fact it was a massive over reaction.

Fangs

Coach
I don’t know whether his impending departure from the club had anything to do with his brain fades, which included the chicken wing as you rightly point out.

I remember the moment, the tackle for which he put the big hit on Kennedy, he was just trying to make a statement, we were well on top at the time on the scoreboard.

It was in no way worthy of the 9 week suspension he was given and I think the media from memory were largely supportive of the fact it was a massive over reaction.

Burns was dropped to the bench that day too. So there was definately something up.

I agree not 9 weeks. He obviously had a history with the judiciary which played into it. I was a fan, not an extremely talented player but always 100% effort.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Burns was dropped to the bench that day too. So there was definately something up.

I agree not 9 weeks. He obviously had a history with the judiciary which played into it. I was a fan, not an extremely talented player but always 100% effort.
Not enough skill for the backs and too small to be a forward. Another 10kgs and he could have been a rep level lock

Fangs

Coach
Not enough skill for the backs and too small to be a forward. Another 10kgs and he could have been a rep level lock

Yeah if he had a bigger frame like Jack Bird he would have had more successful. Not as skilful as Bird for sure but thats the kind of player I think of.

Kilkenny

Coach
He was a nobody, the NRL decided to make a statement which in the scheme of things, my opinion only, was rather unjust. A more high profile player would have attracted half the time Travis got just the way our game works.

snickers007

Juniors
I can't remember tbe opposition, but the last time I saw Burns play live I was talking him up during the warm-up in a big way.

Then he dropped the kick-off. Instead of picking the ball up he yelled like a petulant brat, kicked it straight to the opposition who scored 2 tackles later.

I should have left and gone home then, it was all downhill from there.

I loved the guy, but when he was off his game he just dragged everyone down to his level.

ACTPanthers

Bench
What a piss weak excuse.
What do you mean? There were no excuses in that article from Flash. He admitted he did wrong and then commented on how the media portrayal has hurt him and his family...

This is the quoted bit from Flash

"So finally, after almost two years, this dark cloud which has hung above my shoulders has finally been lifted," Gordon said in the Instagram post.

"I admit I made a mistake. A huge mistake.

"The media headlines from the start painted an unfair and inaccurate portrayal of myself. I was never the kingpin or involved in some cross-border operation. I never supplied to schoolies. It was all simply untrue.

"Because of these earlier media headlines, I had to take my kids out of school. I'd lost my career. I've had two bank accounts shut down. They shut my business account down. I wasn't allowed to volunteer at my sons football. I wasn't allowed to coach my junior club. They harassed my family and my friends.

"The stress the media has put on my family and friends has been horrible and at times unbearable.

"There is so much talk of mental health, but the media certainly didn't care about mine or my families. They could write and say whatever they wanted without any consequence.

I got the result I wanted in court. No fines. No convictions. But I certainly don't feel like a winner in any of this. I'm not for one second trying to play the victim card.

"I made the mistake. But I've had to sit silent for two years and copped it from the media without saying a word publicly.

"I'm seriously blessed with the most amazing family and friends that know the real me. All I want to do now is move on with my life.

"Peace."

Great news. Selling a few recreational drugs to mates is no big deal
Clearly you have got zero idea. Why am I not surprised?
What do you mean? There were no excuses in that article from Flash. He admitted he did wrong and then commented on how the media portrayal has hurt him and his family...

This is the quoted bit from Flash
It's the media comment. If he didn't sell the drugs, then the media wouldn't have a story.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Clearly you have got zero idea. Why am I not surprised?

It's the media comment. If he didn't sell the drugs, then the media wouldn't have a story.
But that's not him making excuses at all... He literally admitted he f**ked up in the story.

Taking aim at the media who essentially painted him as some drug lord, which was completely untrue, is absolutely fine.

Latest posts