What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

Kilkenny

Coach
It will be interesting to see how the Puru brothers go at there new clubs. We’ve certainly lost some youngsters in this off season, almost more than usual. Disappointing, but understandable I guess, kids seeking better opportunities elsewhere.

It will be interesting to see how the Puru brothers go at there new clubs. We’ve certainly lost some youngsters in this off season, almost more than usual. Disappointing, but understandable I guess, kids seeking better opportunities elsewhere.
I thought only one left?

Kilkenny

Coach
I hope he gets a deal somewhere, I just can’t see any openings for him though. I read a suggestion the Sea Eagles May be a slight chance? They apparently have quite a few roster spots left and only Saab and Tuipolota as genuine wingers given Garrick is likely to have to play fullback at least in the early part of this season.

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I hope he gets a deal somewhere, I just can’t see any openings for him though. I read a suggestion the Sea Eagles May be a slight chance? They apparently have quite a few roster spots left and only Saab and Tuipolota as genuine wingers given Garrick is likely to have to play fullback at least in the early part of this season.

Looking back now. The club's decision to let Sauce go at the end of the 2020 season Harsh as it was, seems to hae been the appropriate and right one.

Munky

Coach
IMO Sauce (and to a lesser extent DWZ) are the progenitors of what is Panther Ball.

In 2016 they were awesome bringing the ball back after kicks.

Griffin just had no idea how to utilise it.

It's a shame we never had prime Sauce, To'o and Edwards all at the same time hitting it up.

Munky

Coach
The Dogs just did a five year deal with Burto.

Their squad now has four genuine game breaking weapons in Kiks, Burto, TPJ and JAC.

Squad is a little unbalanced IMO, but if some players step up along side these four they will be very dangerous.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach

Their squad now has four genuine game breaking weapons in Kiks, Burto, TPJ and JAC.

Squad is a little unbalanced IMO, but if some players step up along side this for they will be very dangerous.

Yeah they need a few plodders and a kicking 7

hindy111

Post Whore

Squad is a little unbalanced IMO, but if some players step up along side these four they will be very dangerous.

What do you reckon Burton cost? My guess is over 1mill a season. Huge potential but inconsistent flashes.

They need forwards who will constantly make over 130mtrs. Who will? TPJ?

JAC is fast but not your meter eating type.

Have some flashy toys but they lost Vaughn,Duffy,Naden,JMK,Allen and Jackson... Sure some passed it and other never lived up to it but still some quality there.

They might be top 4. But if where bottom 4 it wouldn't suprise me still.

Iamback

Coach
What do you reckon Burton cost? My guess is over 1mill a season. Huge potential but inconsistent flashes.

They need forwards who will constantly make over 130mtrs. Who will? TPJ?

JAC is fast but not your meter eating type.

Have some flashy toys but they lost Vaughn,Duffy,Naden,JMK,Allen and Jackson... Sure some passed it and other never lived up to it but still some quality there.

They might be top 4. But if where bottom 4 it wouldn't suprise me still.

Atleast $900k, Very top heavy team. I don't have them in the 8

hindy111

Post Whore
Atleast $900k, Very top heavy team. I don't have them in the 8

I'm curious how Mahoney goes. JNK had a great season while Reed was down on form. Vaughn also was there best forward last season. They've not replaced him.