What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

Munky

Coach
What do you reckon Burton cost? My guess is over 1mill a season. Huge potential but inconsistent flashes.

They need forwards who will constantly make over 130mtrs. Who will? TPJ?

JAC is fast but not your meter eating type.

Have some flashy toys but they lost Vaughn,Duffy,Naden,JMK,Allen and Jackson... Sure some passed it and other never lived up to it but still some quality there.

They might be top 4. But if where bottom 4 it wouldn't suprise me still.

He won't be cheap but his mid field kicking game is lethal. Can pin the back three with ease due to how hard the catch will be.

They'll need atleast two good metre eaters to step up.

The foundations of Pantherball are there.

It's hard to make predictions though. Who expected the 2019 Panthers squad to become the core of the most dominant club team of the NRL era?

Iamback

Coach
I'm curious how Mahoney goes. JNK had a great season while Reed was down on form. Vaughn also was there best forward last season. They've not replaced him.

Mahoney isn't an 80 min hooker. JMK got their player of the year

Jackson too in defence

hindy111

Post Whore
Mahoney isn't an 80 min hooker. JMK got their player of the year

Jackson too in defence

That's what I am getting at. Two of their better players have left. Id say 3 if include Vaughn.
Mahoney in 2021 was a top 4 hooker in the game. His 2022 form was very average. Unsure what happened.

Iamback

Coach
That's what I am getting at. Two of their better players have left. Id say 3 if include Vaughn.
Mahoney in 2021 was a top 4 hooker in the game. His 2022 form was very average. Unsure what happened.

It is how a Gus built team works, We sat in the bottom of the 8 because of lack of patience building a team

Kilkenny

Coach
Yeo has become the player Bryce should have been.

Except the great one was always prepared to tackle.
Said it before, watching Bryce coming thru the juniors, he basically was never called upon to make tackles or defend.

Sadly, it hurt him in the long term, even allowing for some off field issues which probably didn’t help either.

Kilkenny

Coach
Said it before, watching Bryce coming thru the juniors, he basically was never called upon to make tackles or defend.

Sadly, it hurt him in the long term, even allowing for some off field issues which probably didn’t help either.
Kind of hard to believe it’s been five seasons since Bryce moved on?

Where has that five years gone? Gone bloody quickly.

Fangs

Coach
And quite amateurish on the conversion. One touchie is lined up behind the other and basically raises his flag because the other guy did.

Real howler from the in-goal touch judge.

Young Ryan Girdler wearing the 5. I believe this is 1992.

That was an absolute howler in the “fair dinkum” department as Fatty Vautin said.

Just imagine the uproar from the NRL internet community if that try was scored by Penrith…..

The Realist

Juniors
It's hard to make predictions though. Who expected the 2019 Panthers squad to become the core of the most dominant club team of the NRL era?

I think a bunch of us knew the potential was there and could see it coming. We were just not sold on the coaching or that certain players like Cleary, Luai, Edwards would kick on further or stall.

There were a multitude of factors that turned our 2019 into a 3 year success story but I honestly think the biggest factor was bringing in Api.

Iamback

Coach
I think a bunch of us knew the potential was there and could see it coming. We were just not sold on the coaching or that certain players like Cleary, Luai, Edwards would kick on further or stall.

There were a multitude of factors that turned our 2019 into a 3 year success story but I honestly think the biggest factor was bringing in Api.

Gus being gone and letting the coach do his job is number 2 behind Api

snickers007

Juniors
And quite amateurish on the conversion. One touchie is lined up behind the other and basically raises his flag because the other guy did.

What makes it worse is that the "behind" touchie should have been the one to make the decision, as the kick was on his post.