What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

That’s sucks for SOS. Sadly, it’s one of many long-term injuries that has plagued his NRL career. Hopefully, he’ll rehabilitate and recover as quickly as possible from a torn pec.

The former Panthers in the Wests Tigers side have forgotten how to tackle.

It really shows the value of the system and the culture. Even Api looks like an average defender, but there is so much space between defenders for the Tigers and he seems isolated. Making some pretty ineffectual tackles.

Munky

Coach
The former Panthers in the Wests Tigers side have forgotten how to tackle.

It really shows the value of the system and the culture. Even Api looks like an average defender, but there is so much space between defenders for the Tigers and he seems isolated. Making some pretty ineffectual tackles.

I wrote this in the main forum:

Since leaving Canberra, Sheens has coached 357 NRL club games for 149 wins.

A whopping 42% win percentage.

He has a 33% win rate in the Super League.

After the 2005 premiership he coached 2 from 7 winning seasons.

Really has dined off past glory for a long long time.

John Lang was out of the NRL by 2011 with a similar coaching record since 95.

It's nuts that a bloke who couldn't coach defence a decade ago is anywhere near the top grade in 2023. Even worse to annoint two completely unqualified dudes as his successors because they put together three good seasons for the club across 500 or so games combined.

The Realist

Juniors
It's nuts that a bloke who couldn't coach defence a decade ago is anywhere near the top grade in 2023. Even worse to annoint two completely unqualified dudes as his successors because they put together three good seasons for the club across 500 or so games combined.

Yes. Absolutely crazy. It seems like a desperate nostalgia move that is aimed at shoring up short term support from the fans rather than any real success.

I think they are about to find out that it doesn't matter how much PR they do, putting lipstick on a pig means you still have a pig and those fans will be even more disillusioned.

Whino

Bench
I wrote this in the main forum:

Since leaving Canberra, Sheens has coached 357 NRL club games for 149 wins.

A whopping 42% win percentage.

He has a 33% win rate in the Super League.

After the 2005 premiership he coached 2 from 7 winning seasons.

Really has dined off past glory for a long long time.

John Lang was out of the NRL by 2011 with a similar coaching record since 95.

Utterly stupid is my first thought when I read Sheens was coming back to coach. That opinion hasn't change after 5 rounds. He was a great coach. But he been on the decline since 2012. He peaked in the 90's with the Raiders. With hits and misses after that. The game has gone past him.

The plan to have Benji as a future FG coach after only 2 years as assistant is just as braindead. If Benji is a FG coach in waiting put him in charge of a lower grades team now. Then slowly move him up to reserve grade coach and then FG assistant if he proves his value. Making him FG coach without any other experience after two years as an assistant is setting him up to fail.

Their biggest problem is that idiot CEO. The whole joint needs a clean out.

age.s

First Grade
It's the Tigers though. They've been crap for a long long time, under numerous coaches. I agree the Sheens/Benji thing is a bit of a swing in the dark, but the coach is the one variable that has changed plenty of times over a period of consistent rubbish.

Something else is very very wrong. This is a club that released Jackson Hastings in order to keep Luke Brooks.

It's the Tigers though. They've been crap for a long long time, under numerous coaches. I agree the Sheens/Benji thing is a bit of a swing in the dark, but the coach is the one variable that has changed plenty of times over a period of consistent rubbish.

Something else is very very wrong. This is a club that released Jackson Hastings in order to keep Luke Brooks.
I thought there were other reasons?

panther.mike

Juniors
Sheens....old fashion footballer, old fashioned coach.
Benji.........Good footballer, no experience at coaching therefor can,t coach.

Ivan saw something and got out immediately. [ got off the bus]

soc123_au

Staff member
One of the amusing parts about the Tigers coaching clown show is they had Andrew Webster in their system and it's admittedly early days, but what he is doing with the Warriors is amazing. I cant remember if we poached Webster, or if he was one of the many scapegoats that got the arse from there. Either way it's good for the lols.

The yak

Juniors
Daine Laurie is causing a stir with Tiggers fans.

I can understand from a fans perspective. If we were 0-5 and one of our players liked a play from a weekend opponent some of us would be pissed. I think Laurie was thinking as a fan when he did it.

From a playing perspective he has gone backwards there the last 18 months. I wish he would find a better club to get the best out of him.

Latest posts