What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

snickers007

Juniors
Souths? Are they gutted? Bronx just made a GF,they dont look too bad, maybe the lesson is, have a good replacement ready when little wayne is ready to move on, coz whatever was working wont when he leaves

I think the Rabbits are in trouble.
Their slide down the ladder hasn't been as fast as St George or Newcastle after Bennett left, but there are some signs.

For example, they weren't able to sign ANY new players for the 2023 season due to salary cap pressure. They've only signed 2 new players for 2024.

Their ladder positions:
2021 (Bennett) - 3rd, lost Grand Final
2022 (Demetriu) - 7th, lost Prelim Final
2023 (Demetriu) - 9th

Add in the assistant coaching merry-go-round, all the smoke around the Black Money crew not pulling their weight at training, and their spectacular collapse last season, and I think we're looking at a tinder box ready to explode.

Last edited:

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Their slide down the ladder hasn't been as fast as St George or Newcastle after Bennett left, but there are some signs.

For example, they weren't able to sign ANY new players for the 2023 season due to salary cap pressure. They've only signed 2 new players for 2024.

Their ladder positions:
2021 (Bennett) - 3rd, and eventual Grand Finalists
2023 (Demetriu) - 9th

Add in the assistant coaching merry-go-round, all the smoke around the Black Money crew not pulling their weight at training, and their spectacular collapse last season, and I think we're looking at a tinder box ready to explode.
Having the worst fullback in the comp is a big handicap

Pomoz

Bench
Having the worst fullback in the comp is a big handicap
I don't know about the worst, but he is definitely the laziest. Its the hardest working position on the field and the South's brain trust think that Latrell should play there. Maybe he will prove me wrong, train like a demon in the off season, come back 10kg lighter and kill it in 2024.

On the other hand he could continue to be lazy and stroll around the back like an interested onlooker at a car crash.

Their ladder positions:
2021 (Bennett) - 3rd, lost Grand Final
2023 (Demetriu) - 9th

And latrell Mitchell

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Why.s that Jane? You happy to lose the best centre in NRL? The clutch player that pulled of tries in all our Grand Final wins?

Huge loss to our team.

I agree BD Critta is a huge loss. I do think (hopefully) he may be covered in time by May.
It's important that is Luai leaves, May stays, and continues to improve.

Don't know how we will go if Luai stays, about retaining blokes like May.

Critta at this moment in time, is the BEST centre in the game, bar none.

Kilkenny

Coach
His contribution to our 2023 win beating the Broncos the more you watch what he achieved was equal to what Nathan did.

It really was pretty special, his skill set is amazing, and well we are only too well aware his defence is the best in the game.

If Taylan May adapts to playing centre in the NRL we will have to accept his skill set is different. I’m not sure we will see the deft short left foot grabbers that Crichton somehow accomplished.

Munky

Coach
Without Critta we likely only win the 2022 premiership.

In each of the 2021 finals wins he came up with a game changing defensive play.

In 2023 his urgency and class reversed the pressure back onto the Broncos. Four massive plays: sprinting through and jumping on the loose ball (plus an offload to Leota), two drop-outs and a try.

2022 we beat every team in the comp with ease.