What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

mxlegend99

Referee
Induced coma? Wtf?

This injury is as crazy at the Tim Browne ruptured bowel. I hope he gets through it fine... i didn't think anything of the incident. But obviously shit was worse than it appeared on the surface.

Hoping he gets better soon... and that this isn't the end of his career. Although his career means little compared to his health.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Induced coma? Wtf?

This injury is as crazy at the Tim Browne ruptured bowel. I hope he gets through it fine... i didn't think anything of the incident. But obviously shit was worse than it appeared on the surface.

Hoping he gets better soon... and that this isn't the end of his career. Although his career means little compared to his health.

Who is in a coma?

The Realist

Juniors
Love the story about Flash. My all time favourite player. Severally underrated. I can confirm that he is a fantastic guy. I must have met him and the rest of the 06/07 'new boys posse' (The players Lang scouted from Qld Cup - Matt Bell, Maurice Blair, Paul Aiton) dozens of times. Always a great chat and a real shame he was hit with lower leg injuries so often. It cruelled what would have been a great rep career. In the Origins he played he never looked out of place. My one regret as a Panthers fan was I never got to say goodbye in person. The year he left us I was on my honeymoon toward the end of the season so missed out.

mxlegend99

Referee
Quite involved against the Rabbitohs. Good signs.
Very good game from him. Great involvement in defence and attack. Always kept his arm free to get an offload and promote the ball.

Far from his best footy atm. Yet playing like that he would walk into our pack easily and be a huge upgrade to our bench.

Despite heated denials over the past two weeks, former Test forward Trent Merrin is set to quit English club Leeds and return to the NRL.

Merrin will come back home as a result of ‘personal reasons’ just months into a rich four-year deal with the Rhinos.

Merrin does not have an Aussie club at this stage but is most likely to end up at the Dragons to replace suspended forward Jack de Belin.

A Dragons junior, the 29-year-old Merrin played over 130 games for the Big Red V between 2009 and 2015.

The former Blues State of Origin star then had three seasons at Penrith before making the big move to the UK.
His former Panthers teammate Reagan Campbell-Gillard recently hinted on radio that the big forward had not settled in well at Leeds.

"I think he's pretty much homesick," Campbell-Gillard said.

"Their team is not going too well. Mez is a competitor and doesn't like losing.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/trent-...t-likely/b5ed220e-cb78-42b6-9cb9-5f0778e6af12

Despite heated denials over the past two weeks, former Test forward Trent Merrin is set to quit English club Leeds and return to the NRL.

Merrin will come back home as a result of ‘personal reasons’ just months into a rich four-year deal with the Rhinos.

Merrin does not have an Aussie club at this stage but is most likely to end up at the Dragons to replace suspended forward Jack de Belin.

A Dragons junior, the 29-year-old Merrin played over 130 games for the Big Red V between 2009 and 2015.

The former Blues State of Origin star then had three seasons at Penrith before making the big move to the UK.
His former Panthers teammate Reagan Campbell-Gillard recently hinted on radio that the big forward had not settled in well at Leeds.

"I think he's pretty much homesick," Campbell-Gillard said.

"Their team is not going too well. Mez is a competitor and doesn't like losing.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/trent-...t-likely/b5ed220e-cb78-42b6-9cb9-5f0778e6af12

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/d...t/news-story/c0ed1399fd7fd70eab24ce1282cfacc3

Hypothetically, given Winterstein’s injury, would anyone want Merrin back?

I think he would still have plenty to offer. Plus he has now tasted the English Super League and is now aware of its limitations. Plus being homesick wouldn’t have helped. Maybe some motivation and desire would’ve ignited something inside him to prove himself once again.

As I said, this is purely hypothetical but what do you guys think?

franklin2323

Immortal
https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/d...t/news-story/c0ed1399fd7fd70eab24ce1282cfacc3

Hypothetically, given Winterstein’s injury, would anyone want Merrin back?

I think he would still have plenty to offer. Plus he has now tasted the English Super League and is now aware of its limitations. Plus being homesick wouldn’t have helped. Maybe some motivation and desire would’ve ignited something inside him to prove himself once again.

As I said, this is purely hypothetical but what do you guys think?

Stats wise he was our best prop last year. Same in 2017 he only got hate due to his wage

forby

Juniors
He looks overweight and out of form. I don't know if he will get an NRL deal this season. Not too many spots or money left anywhere.

Latest posts