What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

mxlegend99

Referee
My comment still stands. Some supporters on this forum are very good at turning previous players into immortals once they leave.
Can you show even one example of a poster who has hated a player while he was here... and suddenly rated him after he has left?

Because in my experience the opposite is usually true. Makes zero sense to rate a player once he leaves. Unless it's tongue in cheek like we did with Katoa.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Who the hell death rode Flash? I don't think I can think of a player more universally loved.

Sounds like bullshit.
Not one person has said, in my presence (whether physical or online), anything but good things about Flash.

I think Alice was just using him as an example of someone who is above criticism after they left, not that they were specifically bagged out.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
You are 100% correct Alice. I could definitely remind myself of this at times. The difference is I generally accept my shortcomings and admit when I could be wrong (I'm always wrong when it pertains to my wife though lol)

Mate I'm not going there (in any shape or form). :). Discussions with partners don't count.

Getting back on topic. It will be fascinating to see how Peachey goes this year with a new coach. Did Penrith get the best out of him ?

ACTPanthers

Bench
Yep - Flash was just a genuine, down-to-earth guy - Always, without fail, had time for the fans.

He was my oldest daughters absolute favourite due to meeting him after a game one time, and was in tears when he left.

age.s

First Grade
Those videos make Walsh & Purts look like absolute superstars. Which they were.

That no look ball by Purts but.

Martie I'm all for a bit of love for the obscure and maligned but Purts?! Guy was the biggest liability. Close third behind the goal posts and poorly timed injuries as the wrecking balls of our 2010 season.

martielang

Bench
Martie I'm all for a bit of love for the obscure and maligned but Purts?! Guy was the biggest liability. Close third behind the goal posts and poorly timed injuries as the wrecking balls of our 2010 season.

Mate, those moments were few & far between. Purts tried hard. That's all I'll say.

Fangs

Coach
All white kits, loves purts. Hell incarnate.

Turns out Obama wasn't the anti-christ after all eh?

Dave's mate

Juniors
Walsh had a talent and used it well. If we saw sense and paired him with Graham or Austin we would of been decent
Walsh was a little bitch who didnt give a f**k. The game were he got hooked and then was laughing on the bench tells you all you need to know