What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum catch up before the Cows game?

Special K

Coach
I will be honest.. I am shit faced right now. Crixs was so dodgey, I'd never go there again! Captain cook was clean and saw some forumers... I know where to set up next week!

Last edited:
Tom of Poland is here!

Thanks Newie, love the haircut, I enjoyed the cosiness of the joint, reminds me of a few rock pubs I played in many years ago, and enjoyed the company of Miller Lite and a few others. We ended up going there for dinner and more ale.

newman

First Grade
I will be honest.. I am shit faced right now. Crixs was so dodgey, I'd never go there again! Captain cook was clean and saw some forumers... I know where to set up next week!

I'm curious as to what you didn't like about the Crix? Each to their own and all but the place has got some character unlike 99.9% of pubs these days. One of my mates dads was with us and he was lampooning the place because it only had 3 pokies, like that's a bad thing!

Special K

Coach
I'm curious as to what you didn't like about the Crix? Each to their own and all but the place has got some character unlike 99.9% of pubs these days. One of my mates dads was with us and he was lampooning the place because it only had 3 pokies, like that's a bad thing!
tbh it smelt like wee, my schooner had lipstick on it and my normally gold beer was maccas orange juice colour. Plus it was fairly empty

Captain cook was pumping with fans but each is what you make of it I guess.

newman

First Grade
tbh it smelt like wee, my schooner had lipstick on it and my normally gold beer was maccas orange juice colour. Plus it was fairly empty

Captain cook was pumping with fans but each is what you make of it I guess.

You must have left early then because it filled up and was pumping up until about 1/2 hour before kick off. That's a shame about the beer. The joint goes off on a Friday/Saturday night. Give it another go.

Miller Lite, gavin_miller and myself will be doing it again there from 6.30pm on Friday. I like the character of the place, I don't want to be sitting in a place that reminds me of the office or my mother's lounge room.

Card Shark

Immortal
Miller Lite, gavin_miller and myself will be doing it again there from 6.30pm on Friday. I like the character of the place, I don't want to be sitting in a place that reminds me of the office or my mother's lounge room.

Keep the routine the same boys....& the result will be the same ;-)

newman

First Grade
http://www.au.timeout.com/sydney/bars/venues/819/cricketers-arms-hotel

It gets 4 stars from Timeout, which is always a pretty good indicator.

The Crix is one of the last bastions of Surry Hills resisting gentrification, preferring the if-it-ain’t-broke-don’t-fix-it approach. And we’re right there beside them, not holding the paintbrush. It’s perfect just the way it is. At the bar, you’ll find a mix of grizzled old locals, new locals in fake glasses and chunky cardigans, and a whole lot of arts students pouring beer badly but lovingly. It’s like a dirty Mexican dive meets old-school Aussie pub, complete with original tiles. Elvis Presley’s Sun Sessions are playing in the background and fairy lights have been hung, bunched and dangle around the room. Half-finished blackboard calendars are just left, as if the person writing it got bored and went for a beer instead. Why write when you can be playing Coopers roulette? A covered courtyard keeps Sydney’s most dedicated smokers puffing away rain, hail and shine. Upstairs, Bistro Moretti offers up hearty pub fare including savoury mince piled on top of thick pieces of hot buttered sourdough toast. Or how about a chicken parmigiana or wagyu brisket roll? There’s always your classic bowl o’ chips if you’re just after a little snack. Happily, the Cricketers features another smaller bar upstairs so there’s no need to schlep up and down if you’re settled in with your dinner. This is a pub for all seasons. You can’t help but like it.

gavin_miller

Juniors
My favourite part was singing UP UP CRONULLA at the end of the Chooks game at the Cricketers with the other Sharkies guys hanging around!

Special K

Coach
You must have left early then because it filled up and was pumping up until about 1/2 hour before kick off. That's a shame about the beer. The joint goes off on a Friday/Saturday night. Give it another go.

I was there real early there wasn't anyone else inside when I rocked up. The beer didn't bother me that much tbh more so my mate who was attending his first league game and was getting a huge culture shock already :lol:

I'll happily give it another go

Latest posts