What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum history:

newman

First Grade
Ive been on this joint for a while and I reckon we should maintain a bit of a forum history thread for noobs and oldies alike. When I got on here (nearly ten years ago, sheesh) I knew nothing, it seemed like there were a lot more posters and a lot more threads but less good info. These days I reckon that the number of posters is dropping sharply but the quality of posting has increased and idiotic feuds are kept to a relative minimum.

I believe that LU is the second incarnation of the Sharks forum, I'm sure Reefy and Frenz can update on this. I joined just after LU launched.

We had our own little SuperLeague saga when in 2006? the CSSC was formed mainly from posters on this place, they had their own private sub forum to organise events etc. They had a spectacular falling out with site admin and launched their own forum in direct competition to LU. In those days if you typed in "CSSC" the word filter replaced it with "mason". There was huge drain on posters and a lot of ensuing animosity which never really sorted itself out until there was a new guard and Quigs et al turned the joint into a love in.

Anyway, share your forum history highlights here and fill in any history that you can.

Notable former posters and where are they now:

Beeker: Probably the most famous forumite who went on to become chaiman after a very active and combatative posting career.
Salmon: Capatalist pig who lives around the corner from me. Avoids this place. Too busy working.
King of the Hill: No idea
Sharkie Army Gorilla: No idea
Sideline Eye: Was a leak from within the club, actually went to training and had a tonne of sick info. No idea
Punk: ?
Cheese: I went to school with him. I got a text recently of him wearing a dragons jersey. Has he gone to the dark side or was it a bet?
Macca: Long time prez of the CSSC. Still lurks and occasionally posts. Working with the lower grades.
Nulla#2: Another one of the CSSC organisers who now works with the club in an official capacity.
Nulla #1: ??
Bundy: Good bloke still seen around the club.
Redback: Banned or left. Who cares?
El Coconuto: Went on to briefly become memberships managers and now works in Melbourne.
El Garbo: Still involved with the CSSC and will put his head in here to help out on that front.
Big Bad Covell Fan: Sadly missed.

There are a thousand others and in my view they are all welcome back. Post away!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Sheros Los Deros? Most worrying exit of all time.

On the original Sharks forum which was hosted by the Sharks. It all went kaput thanks to HAdley.
We all them went to R.league which also fell to Hadley threats.
Then we came here.
There used to be a lot of fanatics posting in those early days, but they couldnt tolerate the gutter mouths that some of us have.

The thing to rememebr is that these forums started up many years prior to myspace, facebook
So in a way they used to be a method of social media & definitely the main source of social media for Sharks fans.
The internet was a battle ground that was much for fun than it is now.

newman

First Grade
Sheros Los Deros? Most worrying exit of all time.

On the original Sharks forum which was hosted by the Sharks. It all went kaput thanks to HAdley.
We all them went to R.league which also fell to Hadley threats.
Then we came here.
There used to be a lot of fanatics posting in those early days, but they couldnt tolerate the gutter mouths that some of us have.

The thing to rememebr is that these forums started up many years prior to myspace, facebook
So in a way they used to be a method of social media & definitely the main source of social media for Sharks fans.
The internet was a battle ground that was much for fun than it is now.

What happened to Sheros?

shaggs

Coach
Sharkie army gorilla is still a frequent poster in the bundy cup thread

So newms, is the SF forum the development of the CSSC??

Special K

Coach
I joined the old sharks.com forum (didn't azzah72 run it?) in 2001, then went over to RLeague in 2002. Garbo was like the captain of the forum and drove everything back then... Genius Freak(sharks fan) put up an article about the roosters and their salary cap which hadley went ape about and that killed rleague. Ended up here... Went by the name Hulkamaniac36 until Reefy started calling me K/special k around the T.I.T time. Beeker vs Frenzy has to be a highlight as well as Reefy trolling everyone for the past 13 years.

Another highlight would of been the meet up we had in what 2005? 8 years ago!

Lolesi showed up a few months back then faded away

Where did Booyah go?

Holc?

Tommo Shark? I think i follow him on twitter.

White Poiner

Macca I follow on twitter and talk with here and there. Nice guy

Aries?!?

King of the Hill is doing well for himself, not sure how many sharks games he still watches if any. He wouldn't like us talking about him on here though. Last ran into him at the establishment a few years back.

Last edited:

Special K

Coach
Yup more a Finatics place to start I believe but is heavily CSSC influenced now. SF is a good place when bored at work but they suffer from the fact it is a sharks only site and the posters seem to think we have an unlimited salary cap and can/should buy every player on the market. Some of the stuff I have read on there has made me want to jump out of the window in my office.

Is the CSSC forum still active?

carcharias

Immortal
I saw thommo at the rally was it last year just before the comp started??
He is still living up the road and lovin the sharks.

Last time I saw the king was yonks ago....looking very important.

Foz

Bench
I joined the old sharks.com forum (didn't azzah72 run it?) in 2001, then went over to RLeague in 2002. Garbo was like the captain of the forum and drove everything back then... Genius Freak(sharks fan) put up an article about the roosters and their salary cap which hadley went ape about and that killed rleague. Ended up here... Used to go buy the name Hulkamaniac36 until Reefy started calling me K/special k around the T.I.T time. Beeker vs Frenzy has to be a highlight as well as Reefy trolling everyone for the past 13 years.

Where did Booyah go?

Holc?

White Poiner

Aries?!?

King of the Hill is doing well for himself, not sure how many sharks games he still watches if any. He wouldn't like us talking about him on here though. Last ran into him at the establishment a few years back.
I was migrated to this forum from the Rleague forum about the same time as you K.
I noticed there were 2 Foz's at the time.(the other went to Melbourne).
I used to cop some abuse about my Aussie rules loving from some posters and wondered what the hell they were on about.Could only assume it was the other Foz said something.
Hope he's still around under another name beause he seemed a good sharkies fan.

shaggs

Coach
SF is prob more Finatics.

Ahh the old finatics. Forgot about them. They were pretty much swallowed up by the CSSC.

The trumpet guy told me when I was 8 that I wasn't a true fan because I wasn't going to Brisbane to watch the game. Long time ago now.

newman

First Grade
I joined the old sharks.com forum (didn't azzah72 run it?) in 2001, then went over to RLeague in 2002. Garbo was like the captain of the forum and drove everything back then... Genius Freak(sharks fan) put up an article about the roosters and their salary cap which hadley went ape about and that killed rleague. Ended up here... Went by the name Hulkamaniac36 until Reefy started calling me K/special k around the T.I.T time. Beeker vs Frenzy has to be a highlight as well as Reefy trolling everyone for the past 13 years.

Where did Booyah go?

Holc?

White Poiner

Aries?!?

Thommo Shark is busy being father of the year. A great bloke.
Aries: Wow. I met him once and he gave me a dvd of the Manly game in 2005 (68-6) which was fully printed like a professional job. I thought "what a great bloke" then he went on some crazy rant about how he beat an assualt rap because he had "hair in ringlets like Nicole Kidman".

The CSSC has its own website now and own forum. SF is run by a poster on here (he can out himself if he wants) but is alot more regimented than the chaos in here. A lot of the original CSSC blokes are no longer invloved with it. They started it as a more attractive version of the Sharkie army but when the CSSC grew they had no option but to absorb those guys and it lost its appeal for them.

newman

First Grade
Ahh the old finatics. Forgot about them. They were pretty much swallowed up by the CSSC.

The trumpet guy told me when I was 8 that I wasn't a true fan because I wasn't going to Brisbane to watch the game. Long time ago now.

They chose to join the CSSC. It was a bit farcical there for a while when the CSSC were an unofficial supporters group but way more popular than the official one.

Special K

Coach
Aries: Wow. I met him once and he gave me a dvd of the Manly game in 2005 (68-6) which was fully printed like a professional job. I thought "what a great bloke" then he went on some crazy rant about how he beat an assualt rap because he had "hair in ringlets like Nicole Kidman".

Haha I will never forget Aries saying he was going to sue reefy and I. Come back Aries lets hug it out! I'll also never forget him posting photos of his daughter. Strangest stuff I've ever seen online.

Thommo was a really nice guy. I think one of his students outed him after the forum meet up a few years back :lol:

Frenz what happened to your family members that used to post on here?

I remember the pre cssc/sharkie army fueds. Didn't they use the old CSSC guys go by the name Baileys Boys? I remember when they rocked up during 2002 semi against the dragons with their chants and all.

jc155776

Coach
It became the Finatics.

A lot of the missing posters I think are/were sock puppets.

Or former high profile posters have switched usernames with a new email to start a new identity.

Latest posts