What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Sevens: Easts v Panthers

...Morticia...

Juniors
Easts take on the panthers at our home ground. We have the bonus of naming three reserves (if we had them). referee is mysterygirl.

any takers?

supermario

Juniors
RP02 all points count, we did great with what we came up with and if we can keep up the tempo we can cause teams alot if trouble.

I am in.

Bubbles

Juniors
I'm also in if needed.

Muz is right RP02, considering this team was struggling to get even half a team together only a few weeks ago, everyone has done a fantastic job to rally and all articles have been great.

fat_mike

Juniors
guys i'm unavailable once again, apologies once agin but i should be sweet after this game.

...Morticia...

Juniors
muz, chuck me in a reserve berth. i'll post something here or in the last post thread as wed is my last day at my current rotation and i'll be sitting on my favourite couch at my favourite pub following it so won't be online t' post that night. will see what the deal is regarding transfering it if needed.

...Morticia...

Juniors
Ok, i haven't had a lot of time for this one and i'm not too sure about it. it's not my usual style but i'm in a fowl mood and this came out when i sat down t' write. opinions?

By George!

Georgie porgie pudding and pie, kissed the girls and made them cry…when the boys came out to play, Georgie porgie ran away…I hate Georges. My first recollection of a George that got up my nose was a JNR, as in George ……. JNR. And god help anyone who forgot the little snots JNR. He rode a dragster with a fluro orange chopper flag attached to it and spokie dokies in the wheels. The bike had been suped up with 12 speeds and George JNR thought he was all that, plus some. But George JNR wasn’t cool enough to ride that sort of bike. If he’d been six, sure enough, but you need some real mojo happening to get away with it at 14, in 1985 and little George JNR, Mayors son just didn’t have it. I secretly harboured homicidal thoughts towards him, praying his polyester slacks would get caught on a spokie dokie and he’d be thrown head first into the path of an oncoming truck…

Annoying George, the second was a Doctor that entered my life in Saudi Arabia. When our compound would head into the rec hall to emulate state of origin games, George the II would volunteer to be a touchie. One couldn’t fart on the court without George II flapping his arms around. The first time I witnessed it, I thought the man was having some sort of epileptic fit but no, it was just George II being a wanker of epic proportions. No game was allowed to flow and if anybody dared get a wee tad serious and actually tackle, George II would remind us all of the consequences of what a hard court surface might do to our finely tuned athletic bodies. George II never gained entry on my hit list, however, until our coveted fractioning column still, known for producing alcohol around 95% pure, disappeared from the bowels of the compounds main building one August evening. Never screw with a bunch of Australian and kiwi nurses only guaranteed alcohol supply in a dry country. I admit I stalked George II; I hid his doctoring equipment and prayed that one day I would have the opportunity to shove his gay pink stethoscope up his date…

George III was a fling. A good solid boy, with a bit of league talent to burn. He went into camp with the local barter card cup franchise, but was sent home after failing the drug test. George III turned out to be an impotent idiot whose penchant for dope, ice and alcohol saw a talented player turn into a drooling gimp following driving his car, loaded, into the local pubs wall at full speed after doing donuts in the parking lot. I felt bad…initially…as I’d had a plethora of ghastly thoughts about him and had considered purchasing a voodoo doll and sticking pins in its nether regions. But I soon got over it and dreamed of meeting George III on a pedestrian crossing in my car…

George IV has been in my life longer than I care to remember. I never invited this man into my life, he just turned up one day and, like a fly, proceeded to lay his puerile maggot filth on everything rugby league, I care about. Now, I’m not generally a violent or nasty person but George IV…hell, he deserves to be impaled upon a set of wooden spoons. I’ve got a fair idea that he owns his very own collection so that would alleviate the need to take any with me. You see, George IV is a blithering, blundering idiot, who, every time he opens his mouth, drags the game I love down. Now one would think that impaling George IV on a set of spoons wouldn’t help my case of getting him to shut the **** up but, seeing as this man talks through a hole in his arse, impalement will do nicely thank you. I fantasise about taking this man deep sea diving, being the friendly sort that I am, and testing my spoons buoyancy hypothesis...bottoms up. I covet five minutes in room with George IV; I’ve always fancied what sort of tune I could rip out with a set of spoons inserted into soft tissue. Take a bow, George IV. You sir, are the biggest George of all.

No offence to the nice George’s of this world. I’m going to take 20mgs of diazepam now and have a lie down.

742 words

Not enough league content? :lol:

...Morticia...

Juniors
ok, i havent seen muz around for a few days and thought we needed t' get the team named and up. just took it from this thread. hope its ok with you all and sorry if i've stepped on any toes.

muz (c)
RoostarGirl
Bubbles
roosterspremiers2002
and me.

no reserves named as we aint got any so please.....post.

RoostarGirl

Juniors
Oh bugger I just realised that the game finishes on Wed night I'm so busy for the next couple of days (2 family birthdays including an 18th)....I did start an article a while ago but I haven't looked at it since...if someone else can replace me that would be great....otherwise I'll just have to put another rushed article together.

...Morticia...

Juniors
crap. once the team is named in the game thread you cant make changes. i think i can add reserves with permission from opposing captain and ref but we dont have any. do what you can. we've played with less before.

ozzie

Bench
...Morticia... said:
crap. once the team is named in the game thread you cant make changes. i think i can add reserves with permission from opposing captain and ref but we dont have any. do what you can. we've played with less before.

put me in

Trip cancelled

RoostarGirl

Juniors
...Morticia... said:

Oh bugger, sorry, well I don't really have time but I guess I'll have to try and find some :D

Bubbles

Juniors
Loved your article Morticia, now that's a Grade A spit if I've ever seen one!!! My life is Georgeless, and after reading that, I'm pretty happy about it - like you said, no disrespect to any nice George lol!!!

I've posted, so three to go! Good luck everyone.

Latest posts