What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Upgrade

As you may have noticed, we've just upgraded our forum software to the latest major version. There are some new features that come with the new software, and we'll highlight these over the next few days.

Just like any major upgrade there are likely to be teething issues, but we'll work through these as quickly as possible.

If you've got any bugs to report or constructive feedback, please post them in this thread and we'll take a look.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Nah definitely something up with likes. The other day I had brave shields up(new phone), turned them off, logged out, cleared cache, logged back in and everything was sweet an hour or two later. But since yesterday my likes have disappeared.

Edit: actually I need to double check the PC at home first

TooheysNew

Coach
It can take some time for it to recover. It's not instant, otherwise people would just toggle the blocker on and off.

I'll manually reset your account for you.

Bazal

Post Whore
Android, presumably latest. Google chrome.

Reply box is blacked out in threads. Seems to activate and change colour to blue (dark mode) when you click it, like a field on a survey/questionnaire page, but none of the buttons (eg to add a link, pic, or gif) can be selected at all. Trying to click them just black the reply box out again.

Tiger Shark

Bench
its just you and your ad blocker, remove the ad blocker and life is good again
Nope, not me and my ad blocker as its been off for a few days now, have logged in and out, reset everything and it's still not showing up?

I'm just getting load of ads now.

Also finding the site REALLY slow to load - That includes accessing it from my iPhone, via by PC using both Safari and Chrome.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Don't know what you mean by "loads of ads". Ad campaigns have ended or have been paused, so there's less than usual.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Don't know what you mean by "loads of ads". Ad campaigns have ended or have been paused, so there's less than usual.
I'm looking at ads currently, we likely have a different view of what a lot of ads is but it's not less than usual imo. I'll take your word for it, but the fact I can see ads but still don't have the emoji functionality is strange.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Secondly are you experiencing any server issues ? I can load any other site, including forums and no lag but accessing LU - via mobile, PC and MAC is very slow. And that's me accessing it from various IPs (all domestic)

TooheysNew

Coach
No, no server issues.

The loss of functionality due to adblocking is account wide, not limited to one device. If you've used an adblocking device over the past couple of weeks, it's likely your account is still in the pending state. Functionality doesn't just come back instantly - I've set it up to take time.

I'll reset your privileges now manually though.

Tiger Shark

Bench
No, no server issues.

The loss of functionality due to adblocking is account wide, not limited to one device. If you've used an adblocking device over the past couple of weeks, it's likely your account is still in the pending state. Functionality doesn't just come back instantly - I've set it up to take time.

I'll reset your privileges now manually though.
Ok looked like that worked, it loads faster and Like function is back.

Thanks mate

Nuke

Staff member
No issue here, but I just wanted to thank whoever it was who managed to get rid of that video box that day in the lower-middle of our screens a few weeks ago for those few weeks.

I understand that ads pay for sites like this and that, and I appreciate that we can all be here doing what we do because of them, but that video was really making my visits here unpleasant. I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

So on behalf of everyone to those who managed to remove it: Thankyou!

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Hi, I'm having an issue with the disappearing "Like" button. I access the forums from a tablet and a phone. Both use ad blockers but your site is one of a few that are whitelisted. I've had no issues until the last few days. I have tried turning the blockers off completely but still no button. I read earlier that it may take some time to adjust. How long? And why would the whitelisting no longer work on your site?

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
I tried changing my ad blocker app on both devices and whitelisted my usual sites and the Like button is back. Thanks anyway.

Bazal

Post Whore
Android, presumably latest. Google chrome.

Reply box is blacked out in threads. Seems to activate and change colour to blue (dark mode) when you click it, like a field on a survey/questionnaire page, but none of the buttons (eg to add a link, pic, or gif) can be selected at all. Trying to click them just black the reply box out again.

Anything on this? I forgot about it til just now when I tried to post a gif

Incorrect

Coach
OK, let me try again.

I no longer have the ability to "Like" or "react" to posts. The button is no longer there when I log in to multiple devices using various browsers. I am not using an ad-blocker.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

EDIT - Also noticed that I can't click on jpg's or other images posted by other people to view them, I just get a page saying "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

Last edited: