What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"forwards are too small"

aids

Bench
Rubbish, it's not true anymore
it's an insult to the guys in the pack who put in and are more than competive.

guys like Gibbs,Halatau and Heino are putting in, making the meters up the guts and looking for work.

newer faces like Laurie and Tandy both did well, however the games over the past month have been lost due to horrible end of sets, kicking early and play makers puting the backs in horrible positions.

Harrison has been dissapointing the past few weeks, but he is playing out of position and looking really out of place in the middle of the field.
dropping him to the bench or reggies isn't the answer.
find a role more suited for him or maybe look at releasing him.

Teo can't be assed, send him to jim beam cup post haste, maybe even lend him to the UK for the rest of the season Grey Viane style.

Payten and Galloway add extra defence and some extra go forward, but until the backline is fixed and the halves relaxed and stop the showbiz bullsh*t that have killed us so far this year, they arn't going to turn the season around.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Heighington, Payten, Galloway and Gibbs are good sized forwards. All of which would be back rowers at most other clubs.

Every other forward we have that's been a regular first grader is a utility back rower at best. We have no size in the front row at all.

Vicious

Bench
I`ll tell you exactly what both Halatau and Tandy are, RESERVE GRADERS !
Size does not come into play, have a look at Manlys pack, much smaller than ours, yet they never get intimidated, it`s not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog !!!

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
When you've got Galloway and Payten there your pack is pretty wel balanced I reckon, but without them you do lack size up front. Recruit a couple of decent bench props and you'll be right.

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
When you've got Galloway and Payten there your pack is pretty wel balanced I reckon, but without them you do lack size up front. Recruit a couple of decent bench props and you'll be right.

I had the pleasure of little Toddy signing my jersey at the merchandising van before the game. The guy is absolutely tiny. Simply not big enough to bend the line.

Ninja

Juniors
We need big f**k off battering rams. Blokes who just want to unleash the fury. Payto, Bronson, Galloway, Gibbs, Payne, Ohara do not fit into this category.
Daine Lawrie is the only glimmer of hope.

Navjot

Juniors
We need big f**k off battering rams. Blokes who just want to unleash the fury. Payto, Bronson, Galloway, Gibbs, Payne, Ohara do not fit into this category.
Daine Lawrie is the only glimmer of hope.
Thats correct no side in this comp fears our pack at all, so that tells you something right there, we need a few guys with a bit of size and mongrel in them, 2005 was a fast ruck game , 2008 has become the wrestle fest, we are being killed at the ruck time and again, teams run through there with no fear.

Spank

Juniors
We need someone like a Luke Douglas, not a star but works dam hard every game and hits the line hard. He was fantastic last night v Raiders !

Hanscholo

Bench
I`ll tell you exactly what both Halatau and Tandy are, RESERVE GRADERS !
Size does not come into play, have a look at Manlys pack, much smaller than ours, yet they never get intimidated, it`s not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog !!!

I cant see how you dont rate Halatau. Id have him up here in an instant.

macnaz

Staff member
The excuse is wearing thin. We have been "too small" for years now, there is a player market out there, use it!
What BS. they are the same size as 2005 and size didnt bother them then. The only area we lack SIZE now,is in the players hearts.

What BS. they are the same size as 2005 and size didnt bother them then. The only area we lack SIZE now,is in the players hearts.

People have been dishing up the excuse for losing to the bigger sides since 2005. It worked well in 2005, and since then the smaller pack has not worked. In 2005 we had forwards with lots of heart who are now gone-Skandalis, O'Neill, Laffranchi. The pack we have now aren't doing what we need them to do, yet we continue to persist with them.

Vicious

Bench
Most of us DO rate him

In what position ?
He doesn`t have a high workrate, very rarely passes the football, has forgotten how to hit a hole effectively and I can`t remember the last time he forced a turnover with his defence. His one good attribute is his dummy half running !

brook

First Grade
I rate him as the bench utility that every team needs, although I'd prefer to be playing him at centre - where unlike Chris Lawrence he was actually preventing opposition trys with his defence this year, instead of creating a clear path to the tryline. As for his defence it has been bloody solid this year. If you're expecting him to be a big hitter well yeah he'll disappoint (but by that criteria so does fulton and he's one of our better defenders).

If you're looking for the weak link in our team this year theres a hell of a lot of players higher up the list than Dene (I would say pretty much every player aside from heighno, hodgo and, when he's actually played, Galloway).

Vicious

Bench
I rate him as the bench utility that every team needs, although I'd prefer to be playing him at centre - where unlike Chris Lawrence he was actually preventing opposition trys with his defence this year, instead of creating a clear path to the tryline. As for his defence it has been bloody solid this year. If you're expecting him to be a big hitter well yeah he'll disappoint (but by that criteria so does fulton and he's one of our better defenders).

If you're looking for the weak link in our team this year theres a hell of a lot of players higher up the list than Dene (I would say pretty much every player aside from heighno, hodgo and, when he's actually played, Galloway).

Well I will agree that being a bench utility is his best spot, but i`m sure he rates himself a little higher than that ?
Very few of out players are hitters and that`s one of the big problems.