What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fowards Impact.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Agree BSE, even when we went on that early run in 2018 when Simms and Co made the Origin side, it was our defence that was winning us those early games; we were really smacking them in tackles and they were getting up slowly. The attack then just benefited from the foundation laid down from the stinging defence.
I agree

SBD82

Coach
Lawrie is a prop these days and Host is a backrow forward, are you suggesting that Host plays prop?

In my opinion Vaughan, Kerr, and Blacker are the only props we currently have that are worth keeping. Ellis and K Sims are signed until the end of this season. Merrin and Lawrie should make way for a couple of our juniors to come through.

We should recruit
two tough NRL props to replace De Belin and Graham and at the same time one top grade SOO backrow forward to replace Frizell.

Consider buying the following forwards before they are snapped up by other clubs:

Props
RHYS KENNEDY - Broncos
KEEGAN HIPGRAVE - Titans
TOM AMONE - Souths

Backrow
KEVIN PROCTOR - Titans
AIDAN GUERRA - Knights

How can you constantly bag Millward’s recruitment, and then suggest that we chase Aiden f**king Guerra?

Honestly mate. This is beyond ridiculous.

redv13

Bench
Lawrie is a prop these days and Host is a backrow forward, are you suggesting that Host plays prop?

In my opinion Vaughan, Kerr, and Blacker are the only props we currently have that are worth keeping. Ellis and K Sims are signed until the end of this season. Merrin and Lawrie should make way for a couple of our juniors to come through.

We should recruit
two tough NRL props to replace De Belin and Graham and at the same time one top grade SOO backrow forward to replace Frizell.

Consider buying the following forwards before they are snapped up by other clubs:

Props
RHYS KENNEDY - Broncos
KEEGAN HIPGRAVE - Titans
TOM AMONE - Souths

Backrow
KEVIN PROCTOR - Titans
AIDAN GUERRA - Knights

Aiden Guerra. That will do me!! One of your best possm!!! Pretty sure Hipgrave IS NOT a prop but hey don’t let me get in the way of a good story matey

True_Believer

Juniors
How can you constantly bag Millward’s recruitment, and then suggest that we chase Aiden f**king Guerra?

Plus:

1. Blacker is worth keeping - just because
  2. We're dropping players to make way for a couple of juniors - who are they exactly?

Banjo2014

Juniors

SBD82

You forgot my other two Tolman and Woods their combination with Guerra would be invaluable

Dragon David

First Grade
Journeymen all over again. Why are these guys like Tolman, Woods and Guerra even being considered.

I know our current crop of props are reserve graders at best so if you add one or two of the above, will they bring power and mongrel for our team? I don't think so.

We need much more than either of those three and I guess we should be looking at some big islanders for a change.

Gareth67

First Grade
Journeymen all over again. Why are these guys like Tolman, Woods and Guerra even being considered.

I know our current crop of props are reserve graders at best so if you add one or two of the above, will they bring power and mongrel for our team? I don't think so.

We need much more than either of those three and I guess we should be looking at some big islanders for a change.

I sincerely hope that this is yet more nonsense from the media jocks who have nothing better to do than annoy the hell out of us long suffering Dragon fans .

I thought that the new coach would have a say as to just which type of player is required to suit his plans , his formula for bring the Dragons into a serious top 4 ( and hopefully beyond ) contender in season 2021 .

I am sure that many realize that he , the new coach ( please oh great footy god may it not be D. Young ) will need at least 2 years to truly make the team successful .

So if there is any truth to these reports that they are indeed the players that we are currently looking at , then I can only assume that it is our recruitment who see value in signing them .

If so , then they are once again looking not at quality , but at saving a dollar . I think we have all heard this song before ?

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
I can remember when there was all sorts of arguments in this place about the announcements of the signings of

T Sims, P Vaughan, J Kerr, K Sims, J Graham.

Consternation from some in here for some of the above and squeals of delight for some if not all from others in this place.

Not that I was any great fan of any of them I do fundamentally believe they are better than what we see on the field week in week out so there has to be something fundamentally wrong in our system that all of them without exception have been reduced to "Jello".

Occasionally along the way we saw little glimpses of what a good coach might get out of them (Inconsistency was always a big issue for me) but now we watch other teams obliterate opposition with creativity and powerful surges at right moment of the game and we have become even more ponderous and laborious.

Add to that the decline in Frizzell and the non excitement of Lawrie and it is little wonder we are where we are on the ladder.

Young has been in the system with these players for 3 years and Flanno the "premiership winning coach" has been involved for all of this campaign so looking at what is transpiring on the paddock IMO neither one of them has a f**king clue about coaching a footy team and the quicker we get a hard nosed and proven coach like Hook to turn this place around the better off we will be.

If they pick Furner or Young or have either of them involved as a support crew to someone else this club is totally doomed.

Last edited:

Inisai Toga

Juniors

Agree mate, we don’t have to go to market for these types of players. Save the dosh for more impact buys as we should have this level of talent covered in our catchment area anyway. In ‘ 84 we went to market and bought S Rogers, O’Grady , O’Conner, Morris P. and they complement the team well (particularly O’Grady) .

Today, players like Ford and Host are going really well and will improve further I’m sure. With respect to the these guys above, I’d question if they would add that much and could just be blocking the progression of other players coming through or are at the development stage. No for me!

Last edited:
That is what pisses me off with Dragons. Talking to guys who's careers are just about done, when fringe guys like Spencer Leniu (Panthers) just played 26 minutes on the weekend, and runs just over 170 metres in 13 hit ups. Still young, and has plenty of years ahead of him.

Hetherington, Collins, Molo, Bullemor, Leota, Wallace, Riki, the league is full of guys with many years in them, and the ability to add some grunt to our pack.

possm

Coach
I can remember when there was all sorts of arguments in this place about the announcements of the signings of

T Sims, P Vaughan, J Kerr, K Sims, J Graham.

Consternation from some in here for some of the above and squeals of delight for some if not all from others in this place.

Not that I was any great fan of any of them I do fundamentally believe they are better than what we see on the field week in week out so there has to be something fundamentally wrong in our system that all of them without exception have been reduced to "Jello".

Occasionally along the way we saw little glimpses of what a good coach might get out of them (Inconsistency was always a big issue for me) but now we watch other teams obliterate opposition with creativity and powerful surges at right moment of the game and we have become even more ponderous and laborious.

Add to that the decline in Frizzell and the non excitement of Lawrie and it is little wonder we are where we are on the ladder.

Young has been in the system with these players for 3 years and Flanno the "premiership winning coach" has been involved for all of this campaign so looking at what is transpiring on the paddock IMO neither one of them has a f**king clue about coaching a footy team and the quicker we get a hard nosed and proven coach like Hook to turn this place around the better of we will be.

If they pick Furner or Young or have either of them involved as a support crew to someone else this club is totally doomed.
The influence jof Mary on our current squad can't be understated. young ahs been there all the way however, there is no indication that he knows more than Mary or that Mary ever listened to him.

Dragon David

First Grade
That is what pisses me off with Dragons. Talking to guys who's careers are just about done, when fringe guys like Spencer Leniu (Panthers) just played 26 minutes on the weekend, and runs just over 170 metres in 13 hit ups. Still young, and has plenty of years ahead of him.

Hetherington, Collins, Molo, Bullemor, Leota, Wallace, Riki, the league is full of guys with many years in them, and the ability to add some grunt to our pack.
You hit it - "add some grunt to our pack".