1. Origin I Edition OUT NOW:

The latest issue of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for next week's State of Origin opener and upcoming Super League matches!

As the interstate rivalry amps up in the NRL post-season for the first time, Paul Jobber talks to Boyd Cordner as the Blues skipper aims for a NSW three-peat, while Rick Edgerton looks at how Origin will unfold in a post-COVID world. League-mad fans Mark Thierry and Emile El-Azar share their lives in locked-down Victoria during the COVID-disrupted year and Andrew Ferguson looks at how the Storm and Roosters of the current era compare with the great dynasties of years gone by.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the Origin match programme along with teamlists and details for the week's Super League matches - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine! Happy reading!

EDITION 23 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Fowards Impact.

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by George Dragon, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Mjab

Mjab Juniors

Correct

those stats are truly depressing but not surprising

I know someone from another teams coaching staff
    They love Saints
    One off forward runs first 3 tackles
    No attempt to pass or break line really
    Never any 2 nd phase play , no one hanging around hoping for an offload
    They safely send 2-3 gang tackles , easy to defend
    Shit telegraphed play out back tackle 4
    Shit meaningless kick tackle 5
    Setting up for the next shit programmed play and never playing footy and what’s in front of them

called
    DRAGONS footy

2. be55

be55 Juniors

Don't worry mate Dean Young is a 100/1 chance of getting the head coach job for next year...Surely the club knows that their is a perception among the dragons fans that the coaching job always goes to someone in house and it's just jobs for the boys.This perception is even talked about in the media and the club would know this and be very wary of signing an ex player as our next coach after the Mcgregor debacle...

3. Blood Shot Eyes

Blood Shot Eyes Bench

Your spot on David

4. Dorothy the Winowhore

Dorothy the Winowhore Juniors

Panthers Moses Leota would be worth an enquiry.....very strong and has an offload. He gets a starting spot today.

5. JohnnoMcJohnno

JohnnoMcJohnno Juniors

I wish I had your confidence but the perception of jobs for the boys has been around since the joint venture formed, so just because the club knows there is a perceived problem doesn't mean they won't make Dean Young coach. I note that Ryan Webb in the podcast left the door open to select a coach without all the required attributes, if they could put a good support team around him.

blacksafake and I'm Hornby like this.
  6. Mjab

Mjab Juniors

Saints will say
    Sorry couldn’t find anyone who actually wanted to coach us with the required attributes so we have gone for Dean Young

7. giboz71

giboz71 First Grade

We’ve had to put him there because he’s not an elite hooker. And we need one with the rule changes. Hunt come closest and that’s what he’s doing there.

Cam has done ok at 13 and his defence and line speed is still first class but he doesn’t help with punch up the middle. Much too light for that, unless you’re Radley or Cam Murray, can’t be playing at 13 when you’re that light. We’ve been missing that since JDB has been rubbed out. Ford is the guy we should be looking at 13.

Not really sure what to do with Cam moving forward?

8. be55

be55 Juniors

You make a fair point that the club has known about this perception for a long time and have ignored it in the past.I would still be very surprised if they went with Young but the people running the club couldn't organise a root in a brothel so anything could happen...

9. possm

possm Coach

We have lost one UK international forward and two SOO forwards from our pack. We should try to recruit the same or higher.

10. redv13

redv13 Juniors

John Asiata is a beast. Big bopper with a 7’s head on his shoulders. Rips us a new one every time we play them. I’d take him any day of the week

11. Forbes Creek Dragons

Forbes Creek Dragons Bench

He’s fine as hooker, has an underrated running game too if a)Our forwards went forward creating quick play the balls & b)Our halves did their job so we didn’t need a playmaker at 9.

botlite likes this.
  12. Forbes Creek Dragons

Forbes Creek Dragons Bench

No one wants to come and it’s not Millwards fault. He could offer nearly double and some players would knock us back. We need a coach that attracts players.

13. SAP58

SAP58 Juniors

That should be Dufty, like Papenhuyzen.

blacksafake likes this.
  14. I'm Hornby

I'm Hornby Juniors

In an ideal world yes, mate. We can only sign players who are off contract, so they're the two I've picked that I think would add the most to our team.

Paying overs and subsiding salaries of big name players who have come across early /trading other players away isn't the way I want to see our cap managed, sorry.

15. SAP58

SAP58 Juniors

We need to appoint a coach ASAP otherwise we will miss out on potential signings. We will struggle to sign players based on how we are playing unless we appoint a credible coach that can attract some quality signings.

George Dragon and I'm Hornby like this.
  16. Mjab

Mjab Juniors

Agree we need a coach that attracts players but Millward is to blame for some terrible contract extensions and buys

17. HenryTatana

HenryTatana Juniors

Apparently decision next week.

I'm Hornby and getsmarty like this.
  18. boardlumps62

boardlumps62 Juniors

If Todd Payten can get the Warriors winning and playing good footy he must be in the loop. Most likely going to Cowboys so we will have to wait until that job is filled. He doesn't get a mention as being interested in our job does he.

BLM01 likes this.
  19. Runner

Runner Juniors

What an alarming set of statistics. Laurie may give his all and I can’t fault his effort but unfortunately he is totally ineffectual given he has played 16 games. We desperately need to strengthen our go forward next year by finding a couple of quality strong forwards.

Inisai Toga and Mjab like this.
  20. St Tangles

St Tangles Juniors

Ellis apparently

Dragonslayer likes this.