What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fox Soccer

Western_Eel

Juniors
I would say this is on the back of making the world cup, and gallop finally sees the growth in the USA, good news for the AMNRL

juro

Bench
Shame about the timing. Looks like most games will be on in the wee hours. But on the flip side, how much would advertising cost on the network at that hour of the day? On One HD in Australia, they show an ad for local American Football during their NFL coverage, basically saying "Yes, we play it in Australia too. Look here to find out more." Could the AMNRL or USARL do something similar?

Evil Homer

Staff member
http://www.amnrl.com/news/nrl-air-usa
Acording to the AMNRL they will have highlights on the highlight show, also great news
I legitimately laughed out loud at this. Like f**k do the AMNRL have anything to do with this, it was just over a week ago that they were announcing another great new dawn because some obscure channel was interested in RU 7's. It's just so ridiculous that it's laughable. I almost preferred it when the AMNRL didn't have a website.

Last edited:

tcc_dc

Juniors
I am happy about this, as this is a return to Fox Sports here...

Here is the downside, I pay $15 a month for this channel alone..I get it for rugby union, skysports for the Super League highlights...

So, the potential viewers is smaller than when it was on Spike...

And they have two showings this upcoming weekend, at 3am live for games on Sat and Monday, with a replay of one game at 3pm in the afternoon.

But, it is a positive step, and my DVR is ready :crazy:

DaBears

Juniors
I legitimately laughed out loud at this. Like f**k did the AMNRL have anything to do with this, it was just over a week ago that they were announcing another great new dawn because some obscure channel was interested in RU 7's. It's just so ridiculous that it's laughable. I almost preferred it when the AMNRL didn't have a website.

Your shtick is becoming old & tiresome... stop all the hating.

Not sure if you ever had anything to do with Rugby League in the USA but its clear you have a deep hatred of the AMNRL. Maybe, if you & some others were a bit more positive with League in general in the USA more people would come back to these forums on a regular basis.

Evil Homer

Staff member

Not sure if you ever had anything to do with Rugby League in the USA but its clear you have a deep hatred of the AMNRL. Maybe, if you & some others were a bit more positive with League in general in the USA more people would come back to these forums on a regular basis.
I don't have a hatred of the AMNRL as such. I just have a hatred of corrupt organizations and incompetent, self-glorifying administrators. I would be willing to bet that there has been no contact between the AMNRL and Fox Soccer, and that the press release was the first they had heard about it. There isn't any kind of mention of any domestic coverage, nor any indication whatsoever that they even know the AMNRL exists. So why make ridiculous claims about producing halftime analysis and match highlights when that obviously isn't going to happen?

I don't 'hate' the AMNRL, but the bottom line is that while they continue to pedal such ridiculous bullshit, then they will continue to receive criticism from myself and the wider international community, and will continue to be the laughing stock of world RL. FWIW I'm extremely positive about RL in the USA. And I will be even more positive when the poisonous and corrupt AMNRL administration is removed from the sport.

Rampart66

Juniors
I'm surprised that any of the FOX networks didn't jump on this sooner, considering that FOX is owned by News Corp.

league13

Juniors
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears

I don't have a hatred of the AMNRL as such. I just have a hatred of corrupt organizations and incompetent, self-glorifying administrators. I would be willing to bet that there has been no contact between the AMNRL and Fox Soccer, and that the press release was the first they had heard about it. There isn't any kind of mention of any domestic coverage, nor any indication whatsoever that they even know the AMNRL exists. So why make ridiculous claims about producing halftime analysis and match highlights when that obviously isn't going to happen?

I don't 'hate' the AMNRL, but the bottom line is that while they continue to pedal such ridiculous bullshit, then they will continue to receive criticism from myself and the wider international community, and will continue to be the laughing stock of world RL. FWIW I'm extremely positive about RL in the USA. And I will be even more positive when the poisonous and corrupt AMNRL administration is removed from the sport.

Actualy, I couldn't add much more than what you say Homer, apart from if the AMNRL folded greater progress would be made by the USARL, then we would see League really start to flourish in the States.

billy2

Juniors

He finds a reason to hate nearly everything about the game.
Don't take it personally, i'm sure he manages to be bloody miserable about life in general.
I suspect he is one of the few men on earth who would whinge while having a root.

No sane human being could spin League being back on TV in the US into a bad news story.

Reborned

Juniors
I would say this is on the back of making the world cup, and gallop finally sees the growth in the USA, good news for the AMNRL

I doubt it. It's on the back of good ratings from the Origin Series and Grand final that was shown into the US last year.

YellowJacket

Juniors
I did watch the Origin Series 2 of the 3. The final game I couldn't watch but I left my TV on the channel to count as view. I just wanted to do my part and reward the efforts of bringing it to USTV. I don't what counts as view or not but how many watched the Origin Series and Grand Final in the US? I couldn't watch the Grand Final as I had no idea it was on.

YellowJacket

Juniors
I did some further digging and that it will only be available on Fox Soccer Plus. However, my cable company is Comcast and they don't offer Fox Soccer Plus. However, I'm sure like last year the SOO series will be on the basic Fox Soccer.

Choo Choo

Juniors
I did some further digging and that it will only be available on Fox Soccer Plus. However, my cable company is Comcast and they don't offer Fox Soccer Plus. However, I'm sure like last year the SOO series will be on the basic Fox Soccer.

YJ, thanks for bringing up this point. Fox Soccer Plus is mainly available on DirecTV, Dish Network, Verizon FIOS, and Cablevision. Unlike Fox Soccer Channel which is more widely available. Both have a fee associated but its minimal and they main focus of both channels is soccer with somoe rugby sprinkled in and its mainly kick and clap.

Fox Soccer Plus came about as Setanta US shut down in Feb 2010 and Fox secured the rights as Fox Soccer Plus and began broadcasting in March 2010.

Unless you are on one of these systems or know a pub that has this channel and they are willing to DVR the matches for you, most of us in the US are not going to see any benefit out of this. Lucky for the Slayers, our sponsor, Mackey's Public House has the channel and records the matches for us to watch after training.

I seriously doubt that there will be any AMNRL or USARL coverage on the channel. I can only guess that maybe the Tomahawks will get some atttention as the WC draws closer.

Most USA RL fans will have to continue to watch games live online with the Axemen and on YouTube for the Slayers and other avenues that teams are trying to get their matches out to the masses.

Now last year Fox Soccer Channel did show the SOO matches live and FSP had the replay. Maybe that will continue here and programming will migrate from FSP to FSC if there is enough of a positive response.

Overall though, I say its a win for RL in the US as the game will be broadcast here.

Evil Homer

Staff member
He finds a reason to hate nearly everything about the game.
Don't take it personally, i'm sure he manages to be bloody miserable about life in general.
I suspect he is one of the few men on earth who would whinge while having a root.

No sane human being could spin League being back on TV in the US into a bad news story.
The fact that you repeatedly feel the need to attempt to personally defame me because I am willing to stand up against bullshit and corrupt administration is absolutely pathetic and embarrassing to your cause. The ironic thing is that, unlike the AMNRL administrators, I actually believe that you have the best interests of RL at heart. That makes it all the more disturbing that you seem unable to see through the low-level manipluative and emotive tactics and realise how much damage the AMNRL and their continued actions are causing to the sport.

Rampart66

Juniors
From what I had heard there's going to be a pro league in the U.S. called NRL-US that's going to start play in 2009.