What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fox Sports 3 is coming.. new channel

Mr Saab

Referee
If Foxtel were serious they would perform market research by quesitoning about 1000 people on what sport they would like to see on their network.
I dont think Sumo wrestling would be in the top 50.

sunny said:
hopefully they will use it for american sports and soccer and foreign cricket and that sorta stuff, stuff that doesn't get enough of a run on the existing 2 channels. rugby league coverage is alright as it is.

Isnt ESPN for American sports.....

This includes the Hyundai A-League live and exclusive, Australia international matches, next year's Asian Cup, and the Asian Champions League, which will include Australian teams for the first time in 2007. The channel will also expand its live coverage of the English Premier League.

- This will just about kill the A-League their best chest for success was to get a time slot on free to air, like basketball its now doomed to cable obscurity.

Big Mick

Referee
With Fox Sports signing new deals with Both the A-League and also Cricket Australia you can be sure those two sports will dominate this channel.

the new Domestic one dayers will be shown on Wednesday nights and Fox will telecast 27/31 matches and also a few 4 day games, and most of the 20/20 domestic season.

hehe i just did an assignment on Cricket Australia so i had to analyse all this crapola.

shadow grinder

First Grade
sunny said:
just go to the darkside ovp and switch to foxtel. optus is rubbish, i was a long-suffering subscriber to their sh*te.

i was with foxtel digital and they screwed me over had no problems with optus.

Mr Saab

Referee
NFL coverage is fine. There is 2 games a week and many NFL shows on ESPN throughout the season

Big Mick

Referee
Sir Knight82 said:
This includes the Hyundai A-League live and exclusive, Australia international matches, next year's Asian Cup, and the Asian Champions League, which will include Australian teams for the first time in 2007. The channel will also expand its live coverage of the English Premier League.

- This will just about kill the A-League their best chest for success was to get a time slot on free to air, like basketball its now doomed to cable obscurity.

This just goes to show how naive some people are.

The A-League is booming. Pay TV ratings are higher for Soccer than it is for Rugby Union Super 14...this is a fact.

Its also a fact that Pay TV was the only stream of income available for A-League to keep the competition afloat. No Free to Air broadcaster would acknowledge the competition yet as it is technically in its infancy. While they acknowledge that it was successful last year, there is not yet sufficient enough evidence the competition can sustain itself.

The FFA then decided that the new Fox Sports deal was too good to pass up. The Fox Sports deal puts all clubs, bar one, back in the black. It is allowing for 75% of every clubs salary cap to be paid next season and future seasons.

You can't sell to people if they don't want to pay the price you need. Fox Sports paid the price that the A League needed. Free to air broadcasters didn't want to have a bar of it, but said if at the next contract negotiation time that soccer is booming all FTA broadcasters would consider the A-League a viable FTA proposition.

Mr Saab

Referee
Pigskin said:
more room for more poker is always good

Oink !

I hope you were joking.
That is one "sport" we can do less of. It was fun watching at the start, but now it is boring to watch.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
fuggen merkins have changed thier packages and removed sports from the basic package.

merkins........

sublimeshark

Juniors
Pigskin said:
more room for more poker is always good

Oink !

I agree, however the guy who commentates on the UK Open poker should be shot.. what an annoying laugh

Is it possible that this extra channel could facilitate the live showing of the extra Sat and Sun games? Its only 3 hours a week.. and NRL is the top rated show on Foxtel!

Razor

Coach
Remember Fox Footy is closing down after this AFL season, so next year Fox Sports will also have the pay TV rights for AFL.

Isnt ESPN for American sports.....

ESPN has mainly American Sports. But ESPN is a different company to Fox Sports. Fox Sports and ESPN compete for rights for international sporting competitions. ESPN just don't bid for Australian sport - cricket, League, Union, AFL, etc. as the Australian market is too small for them to produce sporting events for this market - not to mention they have no Australian staff.

sunny said:
just go to the darkside ovp and switch to foxtel. optus is rubbish, i was a long-suffering subscriber to their sh*te.

Optus has all the same channels that Foxtel do, and Big Value is $10 a month cheaper. And if you want Basic+Sport then it's the same cost however in my opinion the channels in basic are better. MTV is in basic instead of Channel V, and other differences.

Razor

Coach
Mr Saab said:
Meh, prefer another american sport channel than a fox 3 channel where it will probably be soccer soccer and more soccer

Back in 2001 ESPN requested that ESPN2 to be added to the Foxtel, Optus and Austar services. But all 3 declined. So ESPN closed down ESPN2 in Australia - at the time ESPN2 was only available on TransACT, which had carried the channel for several years. So Foxtel didn't want to add another channel they didn't own then, so probably wouldn't now either.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Good to see really. It was about time. The Shield cricket is about the only thing I care about. As for American sports...the only one I can barely stand is ice hockey! Can't stand basketball, and NFL is only good for a couple of games a yr (superbowl, etc). I am going to be living in the US, and believe me I am not too thrilled at watching American sports!