What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fox Sports / AAP: Bitter Taylor slams Hagan

Dav3

Juniors
Just heard on channel 9 news there was an argument of some sort after the match between both coaches hagan and taylor?

Probably at the press conference?

Anyone know anything about it?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I heard it was before the match, there was a confusion about where teams were gonna train before the match.

Parraboy

Juniors
Reported at the end of the sports wrap that both coaches had a dustup after the game.
Anybody know about this?

apparently there was a argument between the teams before the game about using the training paddock too. Sounds like a tense day indeed.

fish eel

Immortal
I'd be surprised, Hages is pretty measured.

Still, I cant help feeling JT has gotten a bit cocky. Hope he got sledged good. :lol:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I mentioned this in another thread and also Ben Ikin mentioned it on ch 9. So I dunno if its been confirmed but I know it had something to do with the training.

NT_Eelsfan

Juniors
yeha they said at the start of the game on ch9 that there was an incident before a ball had even been touched regarding who was warming up where

Bicey_18

Bench
Taylor furious as Eels hold off Souths

Sunday, July 15, 2007 - 7:01 PM
Jason Taylor's frustrations boiled over on his return to Parramatta Stadium when he and Eels coach Michael Hagan traded insults following South Sydney's 18-12 NRL loss.
Souths mentor Taylor and Hagan traded verbal barbs as they crossed paths within earshot of the post-match press conference, an argument that became personal after Taylor had complained about the warm-up facilities at the club where he was caretaker coach last year.
The Rabbitohs were denied use of the Old Kings Oval after it was closed by the Parramatta Park Trust, but Eels officials said the visitors "jumped the fence" anyway after being asked to warm up on the playing field.
Taylor was heard abusing Hagan in the gym next to the Eels' media room, saying: "How f***ed are you? (Newcastle coach) Brian Smith's rebuilding what you f***ed up (in Newcastle).
"What's here (at Parramatta) was already in place for you."
Hagan replied: "At least we won without Joey (Andrew Johns) today."
The Eels coach's comment was in response to Taylor previously questioning Hagan's ability to coach wins at the Knights without star player Johns.
"There was a bit of dialogue (with Taylor) about why they were declined permission to warm up where we would always warm up on a home game," Hagan said.
"We informed them that they can warm up somewhere else and I don't think Jason took too kindly to that advice.
"He asked me how our warm-up was and I said 'very good thank you, how was yours?'
"And it sort of escalated from there.
"Obviously (Jason's) not happy and I think that's understandable but that's footy too.
"It was just a conversation, I'm not bothered about what was said.
"I think how he's chosen to deal with it's probably different to what you'd expect, that's up to him."
Asked if he thought Taylor's outburst was a result of sour grapes at missing out on the Eels job after he took over as caretaker last year, Hagan said: "I'm not sure."
Taylor refused to comment on the incident at the press conference and when approached by journalists afterwards.
But Parramatta chief executive Denis Fitzgerald fired a broadside at Taylor, saying the incident showed why he'd been overlooked as Brian Smith's permanent successor.
"I think it just was a display of immaturity and petulance by JT," Fitzgerald said.
"I think there was a big build-up for him coming back here to Parramatta and the immaturity that he showed was one reason why he didn't get the job here."
The action was more subdued on the field where the Eels were clearly the better side but couldn't land a second-half killer blow.
Returning stars Timana Tahu and Nathan Cayless showed their value, scoring in their first games back from injury but, amazingly, the Rabbitohs were still in it in the final minutes despite an inept display in attack.
Captain Cayless, back from a broken hand, and centre Tahu, returning from a long-term hamstring problem, scored first-half tries to help the Eels skip out to a 14-0 lead.
Winger Joel Reddy got their only second-half four-pointer while Krisnan Inu kicked three goals.
Shane Rigon and Nathan Merritt got the Rabbitohs' four-pointers with Merritt booting two goals.
The Eels were denied in the 67th minute when video referee Steven Clark ruled Eric Grothe had fumbled a put-down and again four minutes later when Rabbitohs winger Paul Mellor pulled off a try-saving tackle on a runaway Fuifui Moimoi.
Souths made a last-ditch attempt to save the match when Merritt went over to make it a converted try the difference with four minutes to play.
But, after Manase Manuokafoa was held up in the final minute, justice was done when Grothe defused a bomb to secure victory for the home side.

nrl.com

StEely Matt

Juniors
Just woke up to this over here in London... great news the boys won... and always love a bit of a coach dispute!

Bitter Taylor slams Hagan

July 15, 2007

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22078264-23214,00.html

JASON Taylor's frustrations boiled over on his return to Parramatta Stadium when he and Eels coach Michael Hagan traded insults after South Sydney's 18-12 loss.
Souths mentor Taylor and Hagan traded verbal barbs as they crossed paths within earshot of the post-match press conference, an argument that became personal after Taylor had complained about the warm-up facilities at the club where he was caretaker coach last year.
The Rabbitohs were denied use of the Old Kings Oval after it was closed by the Parramatta Park Trust, but Eels officials said the visitors "jumped the fence" anyway after being asked to warm-up on the playing field.
Taylor was heard abusing Hagan in the gym next to the Eels' media room, saying: "How f….d are you? (Newcastle coach) Brian Smith's rebuilding what you f….d up (in Newcastle).
"What's here (at Parramatta) was already in place for you."
Hagan replied: "At least we won without Joey (Andrew Johns) today."
The Eels coach's comment was in response to Taylor previously questioning Hagan's ability to coach wins at the Knights without star player Johns.
"There was a bit of dialogue (with Taylor) about why they were declined permission to warm-up where we would always warm up on a home game," Hagan said.
"We informed them that they can warm-up somewhere else and I don't think Jason took too kindly to that advice.
"He asked me how our warm-up was and I said 'very good thank you, how was yours?'
"And it sort of escalated from there.
"Obviously (Jason's) not happy and I think that's understandable but that's footy too.
"It was just a conversation, I'm not bothered about what was said.
"I think how he's chosen to deal with it is probably different to what you'd expect, that's up to him."
Asked if he thought Taylor's outburst was a result of sour grapes at missing out on the Eels job after he took over as caretaker last year, Hagan said: "I'm not sure."
Taylor refused to comment on the incident at the press conference and when approached by journalists afterwards.
But Parramatta chief executive Denis Fitzgerald fired a broadside at Taylor, saying the incident showed why he'd been overlooked as Brian Smith's permanent successor.
"I think it just was a display of immaturity and petulance by JT," Fitzgerald said.
"I think there was a big build-up for him coming back here to Parramatta and the immaturity that he showed was one reason why he didn't get the job here."
The action was more subdued on the field where the Eels were clearly the better side but couldn't land a second half killer blow.
Returning stars Timana Tahu and Nathan Cayless showed their value, scoring in their first games back from injury but, amazingly, the Rabbitohs were still in it in the final minutes despite an inept display in attack.
Captain Cayless, back from a broken hand, and centre Tahu, returning from a long-term hamstring problem, scored first half tries to help the Eels out to a 14-0 lead.
Winger Joel Reddy got their only second half four-pointer while Krisnan Inu kicked three goals.
Shane Rigon and Nathan Merritt got the Rabbitohs' four-pointers with Merritt booting two goals.
The Eels were denied in the 67th minute when video referee Steven Clark ruled Eric Grothe had fumbled a put-down and again four minutes later when Rabbitohs winger Paul Mellor pulled off a try-saving tackle on a runaway Fuifui Moimoi.
Souths made a last-ditch attempt to save the match when Merritt went over to make it a converted try the difference with four minutes to play.
But, after Manase Manuokafoa was held up in the final minute, justice was done when Grothe defused a bomb to secure victory for the home side.
AAP

strider

Post Whore
woohoo! - give em both 10 in the bin for fighting - and denis 10 for running in and throwing a few :lol:

Fathead

Bench
StEely Matt said:
Parramatta chief executive Denis Fitzgerald fired a broadside at Taylor, saying the incident showed why he'd been overlooked as Brian Smith's permanent successor.
AAP

Idiot. I am a fan of Fitzy but this comment is truly immature and out of order.

Latest posts