What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fox Sports / AAP: Bitter Taylor slams Hagan

Nikki

Coach
TBH, JT has nothing to be bitter over. The team that Russell bought for him should be doing way better than what they are. I was always a fan of his, but if this is the attitude he is gunna come back to Parra with then he needs to take a good look in his own back yard. At least Smitty had more class than that.

fish eel

Immortal
Fathead said:
Idiot. I am a fan of Fitzy but this comment is truly immature and out of order.

why?

I'm pretty sure I remember reading there were concerns about JT's temperment as being a reason he was initially overlooked. A spat like that one says his temperment isnt the best

strider

Post Whore
maybe JT has a right to be upset about being denied the chance to warm up somewhere - but he could have handled it better

Gronk

Staff member
Taylor was heard abusing Hagan in the gym next to the Eels' media room, saying: "How f***ed are you? (Newcastle coach) Brian Smith's rebuilding what you f***ed up (in Newcastle).

"What's here (at Parramatta) was already in place for you."

Hagan replied: "At least we won without Joey (Andrew Johns) today."

Sore loser JT ? :LOL:

Parra Guru

Coach
strider said:
maybe JT has a right to be upset about being denied the chance to warm up somewhere - but he could have handled it better

There's nothing wrong with warming up on the playing surface. They do that at other grounds.

He's just being a big head.

Nikki

Coach
So exactly where do the opposition warm up? We get the training oval at the back of the South Terrace, do they get the cricket pitch next to that?

Fathead

Bench
fish eel said:
why?

I'm pretty sure I remember reading there were concerns about JT's temperment as being a reason he was initially overlooked. A spat like that one says his temperment isnt the best

The matter was between Hagan and JT and Hagan handled the matter quite sufficiently.
I think Fitzy comment showed a complete lack of class from an official esp a CEO and didnt need to be said.

It may be Fitzys private opinion and may have been the reason for JT being overlooked but there was no need to sink the boot in when he was down.

eeladdick

Juniors
I do believe he had the Opportunity to warm up on the pitch,
thats no different to when they warm up at telstra,
any way how is it hags fault

Ron Jeremy

Coach
JT has to also remember that Newcastle came 4th last year, look were they're now, 70 point defeats etc lol

mickdo

Coach
Parra Guru said:
There's nothing wrong with warming up on the playing surface. They do that at other grounds.

We had to warm up on the SFS against the Roosters a month ago (and the Roosters didn't), and I didn't hear Hagan mouthing off about it. It happens all the time.

strider

Post Whore
Parra Guru said:

I actually think its VERY valid to not want to warm up on the actual field - its a psycology thing, being infront of the crowd before the game starts could well make u less pumped up for the start of the game

1) why couldn't they warm up on the cricket field? I assume it was too wet maybe?

2) why did JT direct it at Hagan? I'm sure it wouldn't have been Hagna's call (or maybe it was :-s)

Parra Guru

Coach
perhaps some of the grounds were closed, like every other sport has been on the weekend.

Sometimes they just have to realise that they are footballers, not ornaments.

PJ Marshal

Coach
yeah apt but lame....

i mean a comeback with , hey we won with brett finch wud of been more hard hitting