What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fox Sports coverage of matches from NZ

suthotroy

Juniors
I am disgusted at the quality of the Fox Sports coverage of tonight's NZ v Sharks match, obviously sourced from an affiliate in Auckland.

Anyone who's watched their footy team play the Warriors at home would be aware just how disgraceful the bias of the local commentators is, and how their understanding of the rules of rugby league leaves much to be desired.

Then there's the horrific lisp of the main commentator, whoever he is.

I urge all league fans on this side of the Tasman to email Fox Sports (feedback@foxsports.com.au) and urge them to send their own commentators for future matches.

If 2GB can send its own broadcasters to provide free radio coverage for its Australian audience, surely Fox (a subscription service that we're paying good money for) can as well.

I think Australian league fans deserve better than the substandard, unprofessional dribble offered up by the current NZ commentators.

kingdamo

Juniors
Hahaha.

Yeah I agree, they are pretty crap. Before the game they said something in the like of "the Sharks haven't won a permiership since the early '70s."

When they have not even won one ever! haha.

Floods

Juniors
Hey, I'm a Kiwi and I couldn't agree more, please have an alternate commentary over here for us to listen to as well.

Yeah I feel for you guys over in Aussie, cos even I cringe occasionally, and I`m a Warriors fan. They`re certainly not even making an effort to be unbiased in who they want to win, but as far as ref`s calls go, they try to analyze those impartially most of the time. You could always try turning down the volume and turning up the radio huhh.

kingdamo

Juniors
Darryl Harrigan is totally unbiased, in fact sometimes I think he is biased AGAINST the Warriors.

no name

Referee
Score at 12-4 "And the Warriors break th deadlock" was the icing on the cake for me.

kingdamo

Juniors
Score at 12-4 "And the Warriors break th deadlock" was the icing on the cake for me.

I believe he was talking about the deadlock of the second half, no points had been scored in the second half until that point.

MKEB...

Staff member
Mate, us guys in NZ would love to hear an alternative commentary combo, we hate our commentators as much, if not more than you guys do.

You should hear Costigan whenever a Queensland side is playing the Warriors.
As for Halligon; they call him the "stray dog", I am beginning to wonder if that is because they can't catch him and impound him.

As Warrior fans we want to hear a objective and honest game of football, not the lyric-waxing of players you are related to.

So I agree with ya's in a sence.

innsaneink

Referee
They mentioned at some stage tonite, "Witt was in fairyland"
I immediately thought someone would be pleased with that.

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
Costigan just makes me laugh. He used to make me angry, but I have learnt if I want to watch the game I have to put up with it. Peter Wopati is the one who annoys me, completely biased and can't even say 'R' properly...how do you get a job commentating when you can't speak clearly?:crazy:

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
While they are a shocking bunch at doing the commentary stuff I think you Aussies shouldn't really be complaining because your set, all of them, from channel 9 to Fox Sports commentators are terrible themselves so it all balances out.

Think I'm lying? There are plenty of Aussies commentators who come up with the sahme s*******e comments about the Warriors, do it all the time with:
'They get tired easily, their big...etc...'

Eels Dude

Coach
While they are a shocking bunch at doing the commentary stuff I think you Aussies shouldn't really be complaining because your set, all of them, from channel 9 to Fox Sports commentators are terrible themselves so it all balances out.

Think I'm lying? There are plenty of Aussies commentators who come up with the sahme s*******e comments about the Warriors, do it all the time with:
'They get tired easily, their big...etc...'

They say the same sort of things all the time about EVERY club... it's not restricted to the Warriors at all.

TheDalek079

Bench
costigan is annoying. the ball is known as everything apart from a ball - the pill, the steeden...
and he keeps on going "and he says..."

i hate that idiot