What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foxtel Coverage

Eels Dude

Coach
Was anyone else pissed off with the Panthers v Raiders game tonight? It was the delayed 9:30 game and due to the live game at Newcastle being delayed because of lighting problems, they needed to make the broadcast schedule they skipped 5 minutes blocks of the game just like that. It was pathetic. The Panthers scored in the 17th minute... then all of a sudden it was the 25th minute and the Panthers scored again. Later in the second half they skipped from about the 57th to 65th minute just like that. On Foxtel the game started at about 9:55 and finished an hour later, so they cut out 15 - 20 minutes of the football game at a minimum. I understand broadcasting restrictions, but league fans who pay for the service deserve much better.

shear_joy9

Coach
they did the same thing last week with the super 14 coverage in a very similar situation. The lights cut out during the blues game and play was held up for about 30min. The coverage of game following this (hurricanes v brumbies) missed most of the first half because of this.

nothing can really be done; you just have to watch the replays.

Eels Dude

Coach
Fair enough. But when I pay for Foxtel I expect to see the match in full... I don't expect to see 5 to 10 minutes lost here and there. Especially in the first half when 10 minutes were cut out leaving the game going from 6 -0 to 6-12 in a matter of seconds. If that were a Parramatta game I'd be spewing. What happens if all saturday night games go to golden point...

shear_joy9

Coach
the worst channel is espn. Regularly you will hear the message "due to time contraints we will now advance forward this telecast" resulting in half the game skipped.

maybe you can email foxtel to see what they have to say about the matter?

Eels Dude

Coach
Cheers. I think I'll do that. It's not a big fuss for myself, but inviting friends over a couple of Panthers fans to watch the Panthers match they were very unhappy.

kiwi_man

Juniors
well why didnt u just do viewers choice and choose that game to start with?
i cant imagine the penrith fans would have prefered to watch newcastle v brisbane.. that could be where u pissed them off to start with

Pete Cash

Post Whore
i cant imagine the penrith fans would have prefered to watch newcastle v brisbane.. that could be where u pissed them off to start with

Viewers choice wasn't working for some people. I think Austar viewers were without that feature.

Eels Dude

Coach

Dumbass. I did no such thing, so don't just assume. I only got home from work at 8:30 tonight so watching the Panthers game later only makes perfect sense.

MsStorm

Bench
Dumbass. I did no such thing, so don't just assume. I only got home from work at 8:30 tonight so watching the Panthers game later only makes perfect sense.

It will be in replay in full on Monday and thursday, so stick a tape in your recorder and enjoy. But I know what you mean, i hate it when games are chopped up like that...its annoying especially if its your team playing.

the worst channel is espn. Regularly you will hear the message "due to time contraints we will now advance forward this telecast" resulting in half the game skipped.

maybe you can email foxtel to see what they have to say about the matter?

ESPN do that constantly, then the announcement is followed by 5 minutes of ads.

murraymob

Coach
Was anyone else pissed off with the Panthers v Raiders game tonight? It was the delayed 9:30 game and due to the live game at Newcastle being delayed because of lighting problems, they needed to make the broadcast schedule they skipped 5 minutes blocks of the game just like that. It was pathetic. The Panthers scored in the 17th minute... then all of a sudden it was the 25th minute and the Panthers scored again. Later in the second half they skipped from about the 57th to 65th minute just like that. On Foxtel the game started at about 9:55 and finished an hour later, so they cut out 15 - 20 minutes of the football game at a minimum. I understand broadcasting restrictions, but league fans who pay for the service deserve much better.

your panther friends would have been smiling at the end of the game

whats worse the replay isnt on today not that i would watch that crap again. they are showing the knights game though

Flapper

First Grade
When you have a replay in between two live broadcasts, there isn't much that can be done.

beave

Coach
I tried to press the red button for viewers choice, and instead of giving me the option to switch over to the panthers raiders game, it came up with the fox sports news channel instead. F$%k knows why........I don't think I am the only one who suffered this problem.

What has happened Fox sport active where you could change the camera angles and get stats etc during a game ??.

The_Savage_1

Juniors
i was actually glad they did it. i was out and watched the tape when i got back. if they didn't do that, i would have missed the end which would have been worse.

i completely understand people being pissed though.

franklin2323

Immortal
Beave i had the same problem. Not just me Panthers wouldn't work i tried 5 other pubs the same thing. It wasn't even on the radio easiest way to fix this give us a Sat arvo game instead easy fixed if a game runs over time.

What was worse. after the game they had a replay of rugby. If they had a replay only left why not delay that????

Hanscholo

Bench
Do the league and yourself a huge favour, turn foxtel off. They are arrogant in the extreme and just keep on getting worse. You pay to watch adds for f**k sake, their coverage is sh*thouse. Compared to what it was when they had a competitor in the market their RL coverage is appauling these days. I pulled the sh*t out, and if I need to watch the game, i either go or watch it at the pub or show up...as far as buying their 100 buck a month sh*t they can blow me.