What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foxtel Customers - Sharks related

Ditched it years ago, a good VPN is all you need these days, thanks Malcolm it took me 30 seconds when you said i wouldnt be able to do it, and i sorted t out

snout

First Grade
I get my fox through Telstra. I bitched and moaned and got through to some pretty top brass by being persistent in my respectful complaints. I put this idea to them and told them I didn’t give a shit about the 35 other channels; I wanted fox league and that was it.

She was completely unable to give me a good reason why they can’t do this and they only way she tongue tied herself
out of it was to offer the service for free.
Had the same conversation with them half a dozen times but they dont get it.

Why the f**k would l pay for something l know l will never use.
I hate tv...why would l hand over money for 35 channels l will never ever watch.

Just give me the NRL for a price so l can watch me sharks.
Better to have 10 guys paying $10 than 2 paying 80.

They dont get it.

My brother and l put it on for the old man and we pick it up for nothing on foxtel go as well.
Strange business model.

sharkman73

Juniors
Sure can
HDMI straight out of lap top
You can get Mac to HDMI converter too.
iPad I think you can do that signal send thing.

Ahh actually I have done that. I found the picture jumped around a bit though but that could be my laptap, it's a bit old now.

carcharias

Immortal
Ahh actually I have done that. I found the picture jumped around a bit though but that could be my laptap, it's a bit old now.
They updated Foxtel a while ago
I used to have to watch in standard def
It is ok now
Not unreal
But still ok
The footy it a bit shit quality wise
But other stuff is fine

azzah72

Bench
I use the Foxtel Now App via Chromecast.

It works pretty well in full HD. $10 a month for the pop pack gets the channels Ilike, fox 8, comedy channel, Showcase.

Switch on the sports pack during the NRL season for an extra $24 a month.

It does me fine.

$10 a month from now on and can still watch the good shows on showcase.

Generalzod

Immortal
Rang up today today to cancel my Foxtel after seeing they were putting prices up (again) and losing the EPL, being able to watch NRL on tablet for free with Telstra etc.

I also made it clear that I was not enjoying a lot of the NRL coverage on Fox because of Rothfield, Hooper and Kent.

I was eventually offered $30 a month discount to stay and a new Sharks remote.

I was always planning on staying and know that by ringing up you can renogiate, but I made it clear my evaluating of my expenditure with them was prompted by being fed up with those peanuts in particular.

The point I am making is if anyone is out of contract with these mob is you can ring up, get a better deal, and without being rude to some poor bloke on the other end doing his job get a decent point across that will have more of an impact then moaning and bitchong on here.

If they start getting enough similar feedback you can bet we might start to see a change. Dollars are everything to Foxtel at the moment trying to compete with Netflix, Internet streaming and sport streaming services. They will start to consider why they are paying some of these merkins if it’s causing people to turn off.

Look at the telegraph and courier mail today, still carrying on about the bulldogs mad Monday while we have people like Andy Fifita donating man of the match payments to kids with cancer.

Or if you give zero f**ks about any of that you can still save some cash and get a sweet sharks remote by a phone call.
I'm with OPTUS cable customer have been with them since 1996, anyway due to the NBN coming in January they are dismantling the OPTUS network. Actually my wife just rang OPTUS to cancel the Sport package....

jc155776

Coach
2020 Update.

Just cancelled.

geez they sounded desperate (and condescendingly rude as f**k) when I got out through to retentions etc and did the usual dance.

even tried claiming only NRL fans are cancelling and AFL are keeping theirs hahaha.

Dead medium.

Generalzod

Immortal
I'm with OPTUS cable customer have been with them since 1996, anyway due to the NBN coming in January they are dismantling the OPTUS network. Actually my wife just rang OPTUS to cancel the Sport package....
Update I just got the nbn fttc with Optus as Telstra wasn’t offering me 100mbps , they canned my Foxtel via Optus....