What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foxtel

griffo346

First Grade
Hey Everyone

I am in request for info on how to reset my foxtel box as i have no signal and havent for 9 days i have rang foxtel and they tell me they have a tech comming out on monday

HELP im going :crazy: without it :lol:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I've reset it in the past by simply unplugging the box from the power, waiting for a minute, then plugging it back in.

When the power boots back up, there might be a red light, press the foxtel button on your remote and it should come back on soonafter.

Failing that, wait for the cable guy.

[furrycat]

Coach
Willow said:
I've reset it in the past by simply unplugging the box from the power, waiting for a minute, then plugging it back in.

When the power boots back up, there might be a red light, press the foxtel button on your remote and it should come back on soonafter.

Failing that, wait for the cable guy.

This has the same effect as a cold restart through the setup- the key is waiting a minute or so and then letting it regather itself.

If that doesn't work its out of your hands basically. As long as you haven't been playing around with anything you shouldb't be, all is well.

Frederick

Staff member
Depends on what foxtel unit you have. I have a digital one that is fairly new (had it less than a year), and it's completely sh*t! It's slow to react to actions made from the remote, and occasionally will lose signal. I called them up, and they said on my unit there's three buttons to the left of the lcd display, and three to the right. They said to push and hold down the two on the left side that are closest to the LCD display, and keep them held down for about a minute or so, then release, and the machine will reset itself. It fixes the problems for a short term, but doesn't help the fact that it's a completely sh*t box :fist:

griffo346

First Grade
im gunna demand a discount:lol: :lol: for lack of use

this damn better not happen during footy season

griffo346

First Grade
Captain_Fred said:
Depends on what foxtel unit you have. I have a digital one that is fairly new (had it less than a year), and it's completely sh*t! It's slow to react to actions made from the remote, and occasionally will lose signal. I called them up, and they said on my unit there's three buttons to the left of the lcd display, and three to the right. They said to push and hold down the two on the left side that are closest to the LCD display, and keep them held down for about a minute or so, then release, and the machine will reset itself. It fixes the problems for a short term, but doesn't help the fact that it's a completely sh*t box :fist:

:fist: fred mine is less then 6 months old when i switched from anologe to digital and have lost signal on and off and now this is the longest period its been off

i will try what u said tho thanks for that

[furrycat]

Coach
Digital signal is going to be problematic until they finally switch off analog unfortunately- this is for FTA and PAY Tv.

griffo346

First Grade
:fist: :fist: okay i just tried to pull the card out while it was unpluged and put it back it power back in and still nothing

fooking foxtel :fist: :fist:
ima :BDH: soon

Willow

Assistant Moderator
[furrycat] said:
This has the same effect as a cold restart through the setup- the key is waiting a minute or so and then letting it regather itself.

If that doesn't work its out of your hands basically. As long as you haven't been playing around with anything you shouldb't be, all is well.
I recall there is something about holding down the 'select' and 'back' keys together for a few seconds (you might try that Griffo). Is that what you mean Furry? That's something that the Fox help line advises. But I think unplugging it has a similar effect.

Giffo, silly question, but have you checked that the unit isn't simply on 'stand by'?

[furrycat]

Coach
Willow said:
I recall there is something about holding down the 'select' and 'back' keys together for a few seconds (you might try that Griffo). Is that what you mean Furry? That's something that the Fox help line advises. But I think unplugging it has a similar effect.

Giffo, silly question, but have you checked that the unit isn't simply on 'stand by'?

Yeah- the combination does the same thing effectively.

Can you access the settings griffo and go into diagnostics and check your signal strengths and quality? It shouldn't be off for that long regardless so it can't be just an interference fault.

griffo346

First Grade
Willow said:

Willow i will try the buttons now

as for stand by well i think its on now theres a red light apearing :lol: come on i aint to tech minded with these things :lol:

how do u turn the stand by off willow?

[furrycat]

Coach
griffo346 said:
Willow i will try the buttons now

as for stand by well i think its on now theres a red light apearing :lol: come on i aint to tech minded with these things :lol:

how do u turn the stand by off willow?

Standby is when the unit is turned on and has power, but you've hit the power button on the remote so it just goes into standby. IIRC, the time shows up on the box LED display instead of the channel.

griffo346

First Grade
[furrycat] said:
Yeah- the combination does the same thing effectively.

Can you access the settings griffo and go into diagnostics and check your signal strengths and quality? It shouldn't be off for that long regardless so it can't be just an interference fault.

yeh Furry i can

Strength = 41dBuV
Quality = 1.00E+0BER

[furrycat]

Coach
Strength should be around 60dBuV- you may have some interference that needs an upgrade to your hardware or you have a dish problem- but that strength is far too low.

You'll have to wait for the techie to confirm.

Latest posts