What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FP = Frank Pritchard

Inferno

Coach
its not a problem mate. I just wouldn't want the people who told me to think I was stealing their thunder. It might cut my supply line off, and I rely on it to give me hope the clubs not run by a bunch of drunken chimpanzees

Aries

Bench
Inferno said:
its not a problem mate. I just wouldn't want the people who told me to think I was stealing their thunder. It might cut my supply line off, and I rely on it to give me hope the clubs not run by a bunch of drunken chimpanzees

The CSSC? :lol:

Inferno

Coach
Cannot comment on that fine organisation untill I join Aries. Which should be in the coming week or so, fingers crossed.

In all honesty, the televised evidence I have seen throughout the year leaves the CSSC far ahead of the Sharks Football Club Im afraid.

McLovin

Staff member
8. Ben Ross
9. Kevin Kingston
10. Luke Douglas
11. Paul Gallen
12. Lance Thompson
13. Frank Pritchard

Sign them all FFS!!!

Booyah

Bench
Not worth it. Good player when he feels like playing, but he seems to go missing too much when he's needed.

He talked it up big time for the test match and he smacked a kid into the turf, but other then that what did he do? Did he touch the ball?

Craigshark

First Grade
Not worth the sort of money some of you are talking about..
I would give him $250,000, max.. I would rather we kept Thompson to be honest.

McLovin

Staff member
Why cant we keep Thommo and get Pritchard?? Surely we have enough cap space with the changes and players leaving...

Macca

Coach
Inferno said:

Nah I was a wanker. Totally wrong.

I would love Pritchard. I am pretty certain Mapp is not actually on 220k a year. More like 150k. Still if he does get released to the GC it should free up enough to go after Pritchard, especially with Bails having already left.

A back row of Gallen, Pritchard, Thompson with Williams and Ciraldo, Harlen or Bird coming off the bench is quite tantalising.

Then you have Ross, Douglas and Villa with Kinga and Caine at rake. That's a very good looking pack.

8. Ross
9 Kingston
10. Douglas
11. Pritchard
12. Thompson
13. Gallen

14. Villasanti
15. Williams
16. Ciraldo/Bird/Harlen
17. Caine

Noice!

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Macca said:
Nah I was a wanker. Totally wrong.

I would love Pritchard. I am pretty certain Mapp is not actually on 220k a year. More like 150k. Still if he does get released to the GC it should free up enough to go after Pritchard, especially with Bails having already left.

A back row of Gallen, Pritchard, Thompson with Williams and Ciraldo, Harlen or Bird coming off the bench is quite tantalising.

Then you have Ross, Douglas and Villa with Kinga and Caine at rake. That's a very good looking pack.

8. Ross
9 Kingston
10. Douglas
11. Pritchard
12. Thompson
13. Gallen

14. Villasanti
15. Williams
16. Ciraldo/Bird/Harlen
17. Caine

Noice!

Well half of what's needed anyway. To keep Thommo as well we have to really up the offer we made. Significantly, because the Souths offer is huge. Unrealistic even.

Pritchard doesn't get an offer till Thommo gives an answer I'm led to believe and even then not till June 30 when he's a freebie agent

Anyway, in further developments

Penrith retracts Pritchard deal
Margie McDonald and Brent Read - The Australian May 23, 2006

PENRITH has all but shut the door on Kiwi international Frank Pritchard by refusing to extend a deadline for him to accept a lucrative million-dollar contract.

Panthers general manager Mike Leary had given Pritchard until yesterday for a final decision on the four-year offer, worth $275,000 a season.

His management asked for another extension until tomorrow, prompting Leary to take the deal off the table.

"We refused because, being realistic, we think he already has had plenty of time," Leary said.

"We'll look at alternative situations now, whereby we can look at retaining some of our own players or waiting until June 30 to pursue the market."
Pritchard, who made his first grade debut with Penrith in 2003 and was a member of the New Zealand Test side on May 5, is free to test himself on the open market after June 30.

However, Leary said the door would not be shut.

"Not completely closed but, put it this way, he has to be aware that offer and that amount may not be available when he comes back," Leary said.

Macca

Coach
275 for 4 for an international forward is pretty cheap.

He'll need some motivation, but he is worth that.

Doesn't he want to live in the Shire?

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Macca said:
275 for 4 for an international forward is pretty cheap.

He'll need some motivation, but he is worth that.

Doesn't he want to live in the Shire?

Apparently so.

Super 14 clubs are also waiing in the wings for him.

sharkadelic

Juniors
Souths have already bought a marquee 2nd rower in Galavao. That turned out well.

Souths should realistically spend their Thommo money on a halfback. I cant see the big Red machine going elsewhere if we cut him a decent deal. Who would want to spend their last 2 years getting flogged every week.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
sharkadelic said:
Souths have already bought a marquee 2nd rower in Galavao. That turned out well.

Souths should realistically spend their Thommo money on a halfback. I cant see the big Red machine going elsewhere if we cut him a decent deal. Who would want to spend their last 2 years getting flogged every week.

Souths will probably be offering 3 years. Halfback money. 50% of our offer on top.

In other words, if he's money driven, and why shouldn't he be after being screwed by the Dragons so many times, we have next to no chance of retaining him.

sharkadelic

Juniors
Oh. That sounds very nasty. He did offer to take the paycut to retain Barrett and Blacklock. I can understand if he wants to make some of that back, but it also says to me he is not totally money driven.

What did we pay him this year?about $200K?