What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

France or Italy to miss Euro 2008?

CC_Eagle

First Grade
fish eel said:
Funny you say that...I was listening to a engliush football podcast on the train this morning, they were saying Ukraine at home, no worries, Italy at home, no worries....Georgia away...DANGER!

Hot Tip : Україна to beat Scotland.

Tom Shines

First Grade
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
i think it goes goal difference then if even the amount of goals scored then if even i think head to head then if even i think they toss a coin. the coin tossing is not a joke either
Scotland have beat them home and away — they'll get it in a tiebreaker.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Saint Dragon said:
Ukraine to beat Scotland hey...some of us can read cyrillic ya know!

I was hoping at least one person could.:p

Another hot tip : Latvija with a strong finish to qualify again, we finally broke the losing streak. It's a sign!

SSR_Qld

Juniors
fish eel said:
what happens if it's a tie and france/Scotland finish on 28 each? anyone know the tiebreaker? GD or head to head?

I happen to think, if Scotland need a draw against Italy, they'd be very, very hard to beat in Glasgow.
If Scotland and France finish on equal points, Scotland will progress has they have the better head-to-head record in the qualifiers (winning both games)

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Saint Dragon said:
When you said that they're getting better? Which team were you talking about.

And with Goran Slavkovski there's a massive war being fought out between Macedonia, Sweden and Croatia for him...

His father wants him to play for Macedonia but who knows...

How much I would love him in the Macedonian colours!
I was talking about Macedonia getting better. I prefer him to play for Macedonia too, and so does my friend who is an ethnic Macedonian.
Croatia must be dreaming if they think that they can get him. I know when it was Yugoslavia and they were all connected Croatia was part of that but his father is Maco not Croat isn't he?

CC_Eagle said:
Hot Tip : Україна to beat Scotland.
SD, what does that say?

fish eel

Immortal
fish eel said:
Scotland beat France this morning 1-0 to go top of their group! :crazy:

There's three games to go......the table in that group looks like this

Scotland 21
Italy 20
France 19
Ukraine 13

Ukraine are effectively out.

The scots play Ukraine at home, Georgia away and finish with Italy at home.

By my maths, they need 7 points from those three games. Effectively - if they beat Ukraine at home (more than a chance you'd think?), Georgia away (they should do that), they'd need only to draw at home to Italy to finish on 28 points.

France can't get more than 28 points assuming they win all three remaining games - away to Farore Islands (3 points), home to Lithuania (3points), away to Ukraine (tough - but Ukraine have nothing to play for).

The Italians of course play the Scots but are home to Georgia (3 points), and a match in hand against the Farore Islands.

The scots are certainly in the driving seat in a tight group. Having two matches at home is a massive advantage for them. I reckon they'll get to 28 points.

Still pretty tight in that group.

Scotland put the cleaners through Ukraine on the weekend.

They play away to Georgia then home to Italy....4 points from those games and they're through.

Dragooner

Bench
gunning_for_panthers said:
I was talking about Macedonia getting better. I prefer him to play for Macedonia too, and so does my friend who is an ethnic Macedonian.
Croatia must be dreaming if they think that they can get him. I know when it was Yugoslavia and they were all connected Croatia was part of that but his father is Maco not Croat isn't he?

SD, what does that say?

Firstly I beleive his grandmother was croatian. That's the link there.

And it says Ukraine to beat Scotland...which was wrong.

fish eel

Immortal
Wheelsy said:
Winner of Scotland/Italy will get the bikkies.

Scots may only need a draw.

They're on 24.

France 22.

France win their last 2 games = 28 points.

Scots beat Georgia, they'll go to 27, and keeping in mind the better head to head against France, if they were to beat Georgia they'd only need to take a point off Italy at Glasgow to go to 28 - and would finish ahead of France on the head to head.

If Scotland only need a draw, at home, you'd be brave to back against them.

Ari Gold

Bench
It's farked to have France (WC runners up), Italy (WC Champs), Ukraine (WC QF's) and Scotland in the same group, especially when you some bullsh*t groups like C and G.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Scotland only need a draw at home against Italy to make it, that is, if they beat Georgia. Scotland has a history of f**king up against lesser teams so it will be interesting to see if they can dispose of Georgia away. If they can then Italy will miss out unless they beat Scotland away.

France have two easy games left and will win both, unfortunately. They'll finish on 28 points.

Personally, I would prefer Italy to have to win the game in Hampden Park than to draw it.

Ari Gold said:
It's farked to have France (WC runners up), Italy (WC Champs), Ukraine (WC QF's) and Scotland in the same group, especially when you some bullsh*t groups like C and G.

bullsh*t group like C & G? romania just beat the netherlands. greece are the reigning euro champs and turkey and norway are always there abouts. that's the way the cookie crumbles i'm afraid

first name through? :cool: DFB

fish eel

Immortal
lol.
And England got beaten as well.
Domination of british football hey

Meanwhile, Germany are getting routed at home by the Czechs

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
no wonder they want to restrict the amount of imports in the EPL

not much depth any more