What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

france v serbia

welshmagpie

Juniors
The thread titles a bit misleading, the Serbs played a French amateur select... But a solid effort from them none the less

Srbin

Juniors
Serbs played without 6 domestic players who played vs Italy. Biggest problem for Serbian team was that they didn't have in squad the best play-makers, Dalibor Vukanovic (captain and scrum half or stand off), Ivan Susnjara (scrum half or stand off), Milan Susnjara (hooker), Vojislav Dededic (stand off or full back), Stevan Stevanovic (center), Milos Zogovic (full back, wing or scrum half). Lot of good players...I personally think that this Serbian team played great game and first half showed that even without 6 good players Serbia can make good result. Also if just 2-3 of this 6 that didn't play were in squad result should be better for Serbia...

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Serbs played without 6 domestic players who played vs Italy. Biggest problem for Serbian team was that they didn't have in squad the best play-makers, Dalibor Vukanovic (captain and scrum half or stand off), Ivan Susnjara (scrum half or stand off), Milan Susnjara (hooker), Vojislav Dededic (stand off or full back), Stevan Stevanovic (center), Milos Zogovic (full back, wing or scrum half). Lot of good players...I personally think that this Serbian team played great game and first half showed that even without 6 good players Serbia can make good result. Also if just 2-3 of this 6 that didn't play were in squad result should be better for Serbia...

As is always the case in international league, you can almost rank countries based on player depth, PNG probably being the biggest exception. It would be great if there was a way to take this out of the equation.

dorcolrugby

Juniors
Yes, Srbin, you are completely right. But, unfortunately, even in the professional RL you can get in situation that you cannot count on important players. In the amateur world, it is just a thing that you live with. Some players work, some of them study, some are injured,... Therefore, for me, Serbian team in Lyon was the best possible at the moment and I'm glad if the lads caught some experienc out of the game because I'm sure Fr.Federale was pretty serious opposition.

Latest posts