What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

France vs Serbia

langpark

First Grade
...announced for 22nd of May in Perpignan, as I'm sure most have already heard by now. That's two weeks after the Elite 1 Final and one week after Elite 2 Final.

Essentially it's France 'A' as it's players only from Elite 1. This will be interesting, sadly, i believe the scoreline will be high, but I think it's great for the game that we're now starting to have a top tier nation willing to play an emerging nation and of course, very gutsy of Serbia willing to play the French.

I hope they will stream the match.

langpark

First Grade
This match is tomorrow guys. As far as I know, there is no live stream unfortunately.

As far as I know, the Serbs made the trip over by bus (!!!!!). I think to save them a few hundred kilometres of travel (and to promote the game across France, they should have held this one in Avignon or Lyon.

langpark

First Grade
Good on them! Now they travel to Italy next month for another Group B match. I think a win for Serbia there pretty much seals them first place.

DC_fan

Coach
Why doesn't Australia send an A team or U-20s team to Europe at the end of the season to play the likes of France and Serbia. It would be a great to promote the game over there.

I saw some footage of Serbia v Russia on NRL 360. Serbia have some big and mobile players. Probably just struggle with the structure and coaching compared to France but they seem like a promising rugby league nation.

langpark

First Grade
I think this really should have been played as a double-header with the Catalans Super League match today. But not curtain-raiser, it should be on after the SL match. Would be a great experience especially for the Serbian players, playing in front of such a crowd. Because I think yesterday, barely a few hundred showed up.

Latest posts