What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frank Endacott Takes Out The Goose Of The Year Award

Stop the fight...its over:

From the BBC

-----Start-----
Endacott tips Great Britain
Endacott guided New Zealand to the Tri-Nations final in 1999
Former New Zealand coach Frank Endacott says Great Britain will win the end-of-season Tri-Nations series.

Endacott, who is back in Super League helping out the Widnes Vikings, also believes that Australia will come last.

"I reckon if you select the right team, you will have a real chance of winning it," he said.

"You're getting Australia at a very vulnerable time and a couple of senior Kiwis may not be coming. It's going to be a very tight and good series."

Great Britain take on New Zealand and Australia in a tournament which will also take place in 2005 and 2006.

New Zealand and Australia start the competition in Auckland on 16 October before the series comes to England.

The countries will play each other twice, with the top two sides meeting in the final at Elland Road on 27 November.

From what I've seen, you could pick a real good Great Britain side, I just think the whole scene is getting better over here
Frank Endacott

"Australia are the most vulnerable I've ever seen them. You don't shake in your boots when you see them these days," said Endacott.

"There are so many new faces on the block and they've had players over the last two seasons playing for them that wouldn't normally get close to making the team.

"The wooden spoon is not out of the question and, if it happened, it wouldn't surprise me."

Endacott has kept a close eye on the British game since leaving Wigan three years ago and says Great Britain have a very talented team.

"From what I've seen, you could pick a real good Great Britain side," said Endacott.

"I just think the whole scene is getting better over here. There are some real talented players but Danny McGuire of Leeds is the one that stands out.

"He knows where that line is. I would have to say there'd be a place in the 17 for him. He's playing like a confident player."

-----Finish-----

Just more proof that when it comes to Rugby League, Frank Endacott is a clueless fool!

fatshark

Bench
Well he has some valid points. The Poms were unlucky to lose last time around.
Stupid thread .

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
It may not happen this year but that vision is the future.

GB's fourth string academy team is kicking booty over there now and we have been doing that for a couple of years now. The Super League clubs are finally realising that it is more beneficial to play a talented local kid who would die for the club rather than some 32 year old Aussie who came with "Holiday" written in the 'reason for visit' column of his visa. The kids coming through in the UK now are SOOOOOOOO much better than they used to be.

We could pick a side that would beat Australia. BUT there is an awful lot of ego's that will probably not be moved. There are several players who well and truly run their clubs and are unmoveable from the GB side because of who they are. I think we will still be bullied into picking the doormats like Radlinski because of their stature rather than their form or ability. My thinking is yet another close call then an almighty collapse later on in the series.

Taiwan RL fan

Juniors
Lockyer probably won't be there to carry you this year. Go on. pick Phil Bailey again!!! Please!!!!!!!
Jeez the GB forwards are going to be so scared of Trent Waterhouse and boofhead Mason....Pick that Timmins guys as well. he defines the word average.

Barrett will be crocked and Danny Maguire will make a monkey of whoever you pick instead. maybe even Finch will get a run :lol:

The only world class players you have left are Buderus, Fitzgibbon and Webke, assuming K. Hunt is considered too young. Lets hope all 13 of your boys play for 80 mins and don't 'stop rowing' (so to speak)

_Johnsy

Referee
Considering the side we had last series against GB and they could not come up with a series win. It will not happen.

t-ba

Post Whore
ROFLMAO @ Fairleigh Good.

You do realise that the Schoolboys side aren't exactly the cream of the crop as well don't you?

Can someone tell me why Australia is "Very vulnerable"?

I cant think of a single reason that might even give a suggestion that we might look even slightly vulnerable!

Did I miss something during the Origin series? Both sides used a number of players and ended a TOUGH 3 game series with a close battle to the end.

Are we vulnerable because of the young players that have exploded one the scene?

Billy Slater, Luke Lewis, Willie Tonga, Luke Rooney......Ah....isnt that a good thing?

Taiwan RL fan

Juniors
Australia still have much more strength in depth, including the players you mention above. You can only pick 13, and we can only pick 13. GB's strongest 13 will be good enough. Senior will walk all over Tate, Gidley, lewis or whoever you pick at right centre.

Tonga looks the goods though, have to admit. Slater will be great to watch but is error prone & GB will exploit that.

Rooney is just a bash & barge merchant. don't see him making the squad.

t-ba

Post Whore
I'm expecting Newton and Morley to do a great job of penalising GB out of the game again :lol:

Senior faced the likes of Phil bailey and even Craig Wing last year.

You know what happened....we won 3-0.

We proved last year we can send over any side...play most of them out of position and still be unbeaten.

They had their BEST side avalible and they coulnt win a game.

13 on 13.....thats the whole point. They havent got 13 players that can match the class of NSW or QLD....let alone Australia!

In-goal

Bench
We proved last year we can send over any side...play most of them out of position and still be unbeaten.

The only players Australia was missing last year was Johns and maybe Jamie Lyon who is now Null and Void.

Remeber the invincibles they were the weakest side to ever leave Australia look what happened, the only joke in last years Kangaroo team was Bailey everyone else held there own and some obviously.

Whisperings are that Lockyer may not be fit tto tour and since he was the standout last year infact, won the 1st and 3rd tests pretty much in the dieing seconds it would be a great worry to me if i already had money on the Kangaroos.

nospam49 your knowledge of the English game seems to be without pier, i was just wondering how you claim to know so much about a competition on the other side of the world.

From what i read i believe your but a school boy nospam49 who goes for Penrith on Television and dosen't attend games is there any truth to this?

gunnamatta bay

Referee
The Original Eye said:
Gunna Matter said:
The Original Eye said:
Willie Tonga - doesn't look very Australian to me.

Why? Please explain what Australians should look like.

Wally Lewis, or maybe Rex Hunt. Howabout the Bushtucker Man. Now thats Australian. Willie Tongo - NO.

Name Willie Tonga
Date Of Birth 08/08/1983
Position Centre
Height 183cm
Weight 95kg
State Of Origin nil
Tests nil
Birthplace Canberra ACT
Junior Club Cherbourge
Previous Clubs Parramatta

Latest posts