What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frank Lampard 15 goals thread- 2014/2015

saint.nick

Coach
Well if he weren't finished then they wouldn't be superior! It's not like he's a bad player now but he's way past his best.

Jimbo

Immortal
Well if he weren't finished then they wouldn't be superior! It's not like he's a bad player now but he's way past his best.

There's a rather large difference between 'not quite as good as Fabregas' and 'finished' nick

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He let him go because he had superior medium to long term options nick

I don't think it would have made a lot of sense to re-sign Frank for another year if it meant not signing Fabregas for five

At the moment he is probably still playing better then Cesc but whether he is or isn't is not the point.

You make out that you only have 2 options for mids and his current form he is better than most of your other options.

Why does it have to come down to a choice between Fat Frank and Cesc ?

He could have quiet easily loaned out one of the younger mids and kept Lampard. I really think he has made a mistake there in letting him go.

He is making Pellegrini look pretty shrewd atm.

Jimbo

Immortal
At the moment he is probably still playing better then Cesc but whether he is or isn't is not the point.

You make out that you only have 2 options for mids and his current form he is better than most of your other options.

Why does it have to come down to a choice between Fat Frank and Cesc ?

He could have quiet easily loaned out one of the younger mids and kept Lampard. I really think he has made a mistake there in letting him go.

He is making Pellegrini look pretty shrewd atm.

Of course it's not just Cesc Twiz

There's Hazard, Oscar, Matic, the Spurs Hater, Salah, Schurrle...

These guys (along with our loanees) are our medium-long term future. Which one do you think we should have let go in order to give Frank another six months?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Of course it's not just Cesc Twiz

There's Hazard, Oscar, Matic, the Spurs Hater, Salah, Schurrle...

These guys (along with our loanees) are our medium-long term future. Which one do you think we should have let go in order to give Frank another six months?

I know its not, that was my point but you're the one arguing it only a choice between one or the other.

Who is Spurs hater ?

Mong

Post Whore
Is it better than the "you've got no family" song that hammers fans have sung to fat frank in the past?

:)

Jimbo

Immortal
what are they singing ?

the sound is crap on my laptop

The shit from Spurs, they bought his flight
But Willian, he saw the light
He got the call from Abramovich
And off he went to Stamford Bridge

He hates Tottenham (x4)

Repeat

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
And this was at a Norwich game, I guess there is not much to do in Chel$ki when the sun goes down

Funny thing is that Willian actually contacted AVB, or at least his agent did, and asked to get him out of Russia but we weren't interested in taking Eto as part of the deal, we would never pay that sort of money, then long came sugar daddy.

I really don't think Willian hates Spurs but at least it gives them something to sing about.

Jimbo

Immortal
That Norwich game was not long after we bought him, which is probably why the fans were taking the song for a lap around the block

I believe it's more about how nice it was of you guys to fly him in and do his medical for us...

saint.nick

Coach
There's a rather large difference between 'not quite as good as Fabregas' and 'finished' nick

But at his best he was at least very close to Fabregas' level. He's now been a bench player for a couple of years, indicating that he his finished, or if not, very close to it.

Last edited: