What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freak

mems77

Juniors
I actually feel a little sad after that.I was stuck at work and did my best to get away without hearing any scores.Grabbed a 6-pack on the way home,sat down,got ready and hit play.All good.
Right?
4 seconds in!!!!!I guess i should have hit stop and resigned the fact we would lose after the kick off bungle.
Sorry if my rant comes across a little haphazard,just really upset and annoyed and dissapointed and confused at what i just witnessed.
Most teams in the comp would kill for some of the names in our team!

holman

Juniors
I mentioned to my mate watching the game that when Lui scored to draw level 6 all no one seemed happy, about 3 team mates congratulated him,the penny dropped for me then and the rest is history. There is a serious cancer in this club and it needs to be removed now. I was bringing my Grandchildren down in the school holidays to watch two Tigers games but after that pathetic effort we will be going to watch the Sydney Swans. The players must be embarrassed when they look back to the off season pleading with people to part with their hard earned to become members and they dish this crap up.

westie

Bench
Westie, what's your autopsy on this?

Is Farrah distracted with the Ennis thing or the switch to half (which Sheens apparently promised would never happen again)?

Also, what's with Lawrence?

As to Fitzhenry, if the guy had any decency he'd walk tonight.

Would appreciate feedback.

The whole team was not "right" today.

It's pointless criticising the regulars for individual performances, especially those on the right who aren't part of the main set up, realistically.

Maybe the kick-off and getting pumped in the first set knocked them around... but if you consider CH and Gibbs were still giving everything it probably comes back to Benji and Farah.

The runners etc were all out of place and obviously handling was poor... maybe the bye hurt.

But I think the two key guys were struggling and not in the right head space. Benji I can't explain...

Farah I would say had a lot to do with the Ennis thing. It must be frustrating knowing you're better than Ennis, having the key commentators say so too. But then hearing you won't make Origin because, effectively, the other players aren't up to learning to do more than catch a standard pass from the dummy half.

He obviously doesn't rate Lui either, it seemed to me he just had the sh*ts big time on the pitch today.

As I said, something was really wrong. The interesting question is whether it was something that happened during the week or if they're losing confidence after not having a win in a month.

What does every one else think?

westie

Bench
I mentioned to my mate watching the game that when Lui scored to draw level 6 all no one seemed happy, about 3 team mates congratulated him,the penny dropped for me then and the rest is history. There is a serious cancer in this club and it needs to be removed now. I was bringing my Grandchildren down in the school holidays to watch two Tigers games but after that pathetic effort we will be going to watch the Sydney Swans. The players must be embarrassed when they look back to the off season pleading with people to part with their hard earned to become members and they dish this crap up.

I'd rather watch Lui in the showers with Royce than watch the Swans.

Yes, there were a few that tried to the end - even the last try, Ellis was jogging up to Lawrence with his congratulations, some others should have a good like at how Gibbs, Heighno, Ellis and Ryan although they made mistakes were still putting in until the end.

As for Farah letting the Ennis thing get to him, well Ennis is made for SOO, simple as that - Farah is still the No 2 hooker and would be the 1st oicked for Aust if Smith was out - simple as that.

Marshall, have a look at all other five eights and see how they get their hands on the ball and do not try and over play their role each set of 6, have a look at smaller guys then you who play at No 7, they don't seem to give up like you did today.

Eddie.

Bench
Like Hybrid said It is hard work getting up the enthusiasum to even discuss our plight. I got all worked up about it and wanted some changes after our disgraceful capitulation in 2007. Since then Sheens has recieved 2 further etensions,what for I am not totally sure. It is the same stale club that doesn't know how to compete week in week out in the tough grind of NRL football.

One thing has remained constant throughout the past 5 seasons and it is the coaching of T Sheens and R Simmonds. I actually feel sorry for someof the players, they are that stale and clueless how to turn it around it is just sad. I am not absolving them of blame, they were pathetic today, however something stinks and has for a while. The whole joint is just stale and papering over the cracks with a Folkes signing or a rising membership base or whatever is just the same bullsh*t!

Longmuir might of been a head case, however he was one the one with the balls that wanted some performance oriented things put in Sheens contract. We all know how long he lasted.

Engine

Juniors
This is the first time since the Terry Lamb era that I've seen a Wests Tigers team not try from the start AND give up when the going gets tough.

It could be a while before we have our next win.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
The whole team was not "right" today.

It's pointless criticising the regulars for individual performances, especially those on the right who aren't part of the main set up, realistically.

Maybe the kick-off and getting pumped in the first set knocked them around... but if you consider CH and Gibbs were still giving everything it probably comes back to Benji and Farah.

The runners etc were all out of place and obviously handling was poor... maybe the bye hurt.

But I think the two key guys were struggling and not in the right head space. Benji I can't explain...

Farah I would say had a lot to do with the Ennis thing. It must be frustrating knowing you're better than Ennis, having the key commentators say so too. But then hearing you won't make Origin because, effectively, the other players aren't up to learning to do more than catch a standard pass from the dummy half.

He obviously doesn't rate Lui either, it seemed to me he just had the sh*ts big time on the pitch today.

As I said, something was really wrong. The interesting question is whether it was something that happened during the week or if they're losing confidence after not having a win in a month.

What does every one else think?

Not sure, but something is wrong behind the scenes, a performance like that can only mean that all is not well behind closed doors.

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
I heard this game on the wireless. ABC radio and Warren Ryan was giving it to the Massiah. "Roll your sleeves up, son"....."have a dig", etc etc..