What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freddy Fittler

Tommy Smith

Referee
Holla if ya hear me said:
Freddy"half- a-game"Fittler hasnt had much for years'.
What's that say for every player in the comp bar Craig Gower just for last season? :shock: That's right, because as i said, despite having a dud shoulder for the last 6-7 weeks of the comp he still finished second in the DallyM's. Ahead of Lockyer who won the Golden Boot last year.

Not bad for a player who hasn't done anything for years. :lol:

Here is what it comes down to.

Freddy has had a long career. He has carried the Roosters for years and years, played countless rep games.....

At this stage of a players career non one should be having to carry a side.

A player like Fittler shouldnt be your clubs best player. He should be a guy that plays well, but who can come up with something specially when needed.

Freddy isnt a bad player. he hasnt lost his magic. He is just getting older. As this happens his playing style and his involvment in the team will change.

Im sick of this attitude in League where a player is asked about retirement at 28 and are made to feel useless at 30.

Players get older and their dominace diminishes. Thats life.

What Freddy needs is for the rest of his team mates to step up in crunch time. Thats not Freddys job any more....

Tommy Smith said:
What's that say for every player in the comp bar Craig Gower just for last season? :shock: That's right, because as i said, despite having a dud shoulder for the last 6-7 weeks of the comp he still finished second in the DallyM's. Ahead of Lockyer who won the Golden Boot last year.

Its just that he only sparks up in the oppositions 20m and you won some games on the back of that-ie "half a game" Fittler does very little inside the other 80m besides kick the ball.

Scuba Steve said:
I'd take Fitler, as is, at my club

I follow Penrith, and I'd take him at my club too!

Play him at Lock...he doesnt need to set the world on fire, just add that touch of class and ball playing ability.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Tommy Smith said:

Its just that he only sparks up in the oppositions 20m and you won some games on the back of that-ie "half a game" Fittler does very little inside the other 80m besides kick the ball.
Holy f**k! What a player. He can finish second in the DallyM's by not only just playing forty good minutes of football every week, but also only playing well in the opposition's twenty metre zone! :shock: Is this guy a freak or what!

Andrew "i only play well when we're up by 20" Johns and all the other top playmakers in the game are no different in that they shine most in the oppositions twenty metre zone. You see thats where they weave their magic the most. But if you think Freddy doesn't do anything outside of that zone then you're kidding yourself.

Fittler plays "half a game"-Johns does eveything well
Thats why hes the best in the game.Fittler bludges and goes missing in defence.
Roosters didnt make it into Brisbane 20 m-fittler cant do anything=rooster loss.
How much did he do in the GF?
How much did Villasanti stir him up in the claytons cup win?
Freak isnt the word.Glory hound is a better description.
Doesnt want anything to do with the game unless he can be in the spotlight.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Brad Fitler is playing in pain, and you have got to admire that. His shoulder is NOT right, and from the looks of it, it wont get better. He was asked to play the start of the season, and he should never of played.

Tate, Ryles and Fitler have the same injury. Freddy is not getting any younger. Why do u think Freddy has been standing at Halfback when defending Scrums? Why is it that Freddy wont tackle with his LEFT shoulder or arm. He is still playing well, but at 50% IMHO. Still better than most 5/8's. But His shoulder will get worse as the season wears on.

They should have let him sit out, until it was right. 100%. They have effectively cut his season short by playing him.

He can not pass to his Right with any comfort. Just watch him play, and you will notice.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Fittler plays "half a game"-Johns does eveything well
Thats why hes the best in the game.Fittler bludges and goes missing in defence.
Roosters didnt make it into Brisbane 20 m-fittler cant do anything=rooster loss.
How much did he do in the GF?
How much did Villasanti stir him up in the claytons cup win?
Freak isnt the word.Glory hound is a better description.
Doesnt want anything to do with the game unless he can be in the spotlight.
LOL, when the defence gets in Johns face and upsets him, he turns to jelly. Hence why his name is Andrew "i only play well whe we're up by 20" Johns.

Fittler laid on the Minichiello try outside of the 20. And he made a couple of breaks from outside the 20.

Do i truly believe what i said above about Johns? Probably not. Why? Because i have respect for one of the legends of the game. Something you unfortunately dont have for another legend of the game in Brad Fittler. The man who has led Australia and NSW more times than most (the most in the case of NSW), the man who has won two comps including captaining his side to a premiership win with what should have been a Churchill medal winning performance, and the man who is currently 4th on the all-time list of games and despite all those games is still playing well enough to finish 2nd in the DallyM's.

If you cant do nothing but throw insults at someone who has accomplished so much then i feel sorry for you.

He looks to be not 100% right. Defensively he has been very solid. But with the ball in hand has struggled. It is no secret this will be his last year. I hope for his sake he does go. Because he looks like this year will be it. Don't go for one to many Brad. The Roosters will look a lot better when Craig Wing is back. He is the number one strike player at the Roosters not Fittler.

Also this year Luke Ricketson seems to be struggling a little also. Possibly due to his long season last year.

melon....

Coach
Tommy Smith said:

You obviously missed him making solid breaks up the middle of the park in the last 2 games....

Johns Magic

Referee
Would Tommy Smith and Holla If Ya Hear Me please stop bitching?

Freddie Fittler is a champion player who is one of the best five-eights in the competition. He is obviously injured at the moment but is still playing because his team needs him. Fittler oozes class and would be a brilliant asset to any team.

Joey Johns is the best halfback in the world. He carries the Knights on a weekly basis(or at least when he's not injured :lol: ). He is awesome in attack, and his defence is top class. There is a reason that many label him the world's best player, and it is because he is extremely good.

END OF STORY

Tommy Smith

Referee
...but has been living on hype for the last 2 or 3 years.
2002 - Captained his side to a premiership victory.
2003 - Second in the DallyM's.

So try and be serious and tell me how he's been living on hype. Back up your statement with abit of fact.

Southern Rooster, do you think it could be abit early to say Freddy is struggling? Watching Friday night's game again it was clear that apart from the Walker try, anything good that we did came from Freddy. He delivered a good pass to Crocker who should have scored. He made a good break up the middle in the first half. He threw the final pass for Minichiello's try. He made a great break and threw a brilliant pass leading up to L'Estrange's try. And his defence was bruising and impeccable. It may not have been one of his greatest performances, but if he didn't play Brisbane would have beaten us by 30-40.