What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freddy Or Joey?

who is better?

• Joey Johns

Votes: 117 71.3%
  • Freddy Fittler

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • they are both great in their own ways none is better

Votes: 19 11.6%

• Total voters

Alba

Coach
who is better?

(this stems from a heated argument that me and my workmates had the other night)

Mr Saab

Referee
And who did you say was better?

Both are very inspirational leaders and both their teams struggle/d without them, but i would rather have Johns in my team than Fittler.

Balmain_Boy

Joey and by a long way. Not to say that Fittler was not a giant of the game, just that Joey is without a doubt the most dominant and bestplayer of his generation.

Briza

Juniors
I voted for Johns, only because of his consistancy.

But when it comes to pure brilliance Fittler is probably the best ever.

The Preacher

First Grade
As I've stated before, I've watched Changa, Bozo and King Wally, and I never thought I'd ever see a player better than Chang, but after last year's Sydney origin game I realised I'd watched the best of all time.
His name is Andrew (Joey) Johns. :clap:

Crusher

Coach
The Preacher said:
As I've stated before, I've watched Changa, Bozo and King Wally, and I never thought I'd ever see a player better than Chang, but after last year's Sydney origin game I realised I'd watched the best of all time.

John's by 4 1/2 lengths

t-ba

Post Whore
The Preacher said:

My thoughts, though I'm nowhere near as ancient as you ;-)

Before that I thought Johns was alot more hype than his substance. That game was his masterpiece imo.

RABK

Referee
I've been privileged to have watched Johns play since he was a 17 year old running around in our lower grades. I doubt i'll, indeed any league fan, will ever see a player quite as complete and dominate as Johns.

And he does it for more then 3 games a year...

The Preacher

First Grade
t-ba said:
My thoughts, though I'm nowhere near as ancient as you ;-)
Before that I thought Johns was alot more hype than his substance. That game was his masterpiece imo.

It was the Joey Show.

As for the top line of your post, thanks, I think ???? :-k

t-ba

Post Whore
The Preacher said:
It was the Joey Show.

As for the top line of your post, thanks, I think ???? :-k

:lol: . Feel priviledged to have lived in the era when so many greats played. I'll feel priviledged to be in the last generation of humans to die from okld age...