What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free kick for Broncos and Cowboys

00digger00

Juniors
Broncos got done both times by the knights last year. So knights should be rubbing there hands together......

ccr

Each team should play each other either once or twice (add or subtract teams to the comp), SOO should be at the end of the season, then the international matches. I dislike how SOO interrupts regular season, leaving only the GF the thing to look forward to at the end of the season.

Trials
NRL competition
Grand Final
World Cup Challenge
SOO
International Matches

age.s

First Grade
I love how he refers to the Knights & Sharks as "competition strugglers". How can you be struggling in a competition that hasn't even started? :crazy:

It's whinging for the sake of whinging too. It's not like we can extend the season to 32 games and have everyone face off against each other twice. There's always going to be a couple of teams that "benefit". The champion being crowned after a gruelling finals series makes it largely irrelevant though.

While I don't advocate returning to this system, it's simply not true that teams having easy or hard draws is a necessity of a competition where clubs play some teams once and some teams twice.

Previously in the NRL there was a seeding system that ensured that teams played a mixture of teams based upon the previous season's ladder. It wasn't a perfect system but clearly much fairer than the current draw process.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Dragons have been given an easier draw. All the teams they play twice finished below them last season.

trollface-(n1297246220790).jpg

Ulysseus

Bench
only way to fix that is have a 14 team comp and no state of origin ... that way you can play two complete home and away rounds where all teams play the others twice ... wont happen

We had a 14 team comp, 8 teams still made the finals.
It sucked balls.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
If they put the teams into two pools, they could have all the local derbies twice and the other games once, then ensure that atleast the top three from each pool make it and the other two are the next best two. This would eliminate the unfairness. But make it still possible that any combination of teams can play in the grand final.

AJH

Juniors
Hi all.
My problem with the draw is why the Cowboys get Friday night games for at least the first 5 rounds? Don't other clubs deserve some FTA coverage more than the Cowboys?
Cheers
AJ

Canard

Immortal
Hi all.
My problem with the draw is why the Cowboys get Friday night games for at least the first 5 rounds? Don't other clubs deserve some FTA coverage more than the Cowboys?
Cheers
AJ

Are you high??

The Cowboys only have 2 Fri night games in the first 5 rounds, the Broncos and Titans.

The Titans will be shown on Fri night due to the ratings winner for QLD.

Other than that I reckon we will probably have maybe 2 more for the whole year.

AJH

Juniors
Are you high??

The Cowboys only have 2 Fri night games in the first 5 rounds, the Broncos and Titans.

The Titans will be shown on Fri night due to the ratings winner for QLD.

Other than that I reckon we will probably have maybe 2 more for the whole year.

The Big League 2011 season preview shows the draw with Cowboys having 5 Friday night games in Rounds 1 through 5. Maybe it's incorrect.

AJ

BuffaloRules

Coach
The Sharks and Knights could be good teams this year so going by last years trends is stupid.

When teams play the Warriors once but not away, some teams play the Dragons (who will be there abouts) twice but others don't, some teams play the out of form team for the year twice but others; don't it is simply unfair.

Considering how close the 8 is every year 2points here and there can be the difference between missing the 8 and a top4 finish.

Exactly right....

Look at last year... the Dogs were shyte, but one of the top teams from 2009...

Going off form from the previous year is pointless....

franklin2323

Immortal
I laughed at that stupid article. It says at the bottom. The top 8 is by the betting market when does it ever finish according to the market. Idiot Rothfield the peanut

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Rothfield thinks a NRL betting market is a good indicate of a teams chances or how good they are,LOL.

How about the Brisbane Roar being rank outsiders at the start of the A league season and them turning out to be the greatest A league team in history,LOL at Rothfields logic

clarency

Juniors
We're a shoe-in now!!!

But seriously I have a had an in depth look at how the draw is determined... I can't remember specifics but I didn't think it was fair at all.

20 teams. Play each other once.

That's good enough for me. Fixes this problem along with the complaints (which I agree with) regarding the season being too long.

Apey

Staff member
"The Cowboys also get the luxury of playing competition strugglers the Cronulla Sharks and the Newcastle Knights twice"

Cowboys struggled more than either of those teams last year..

And the Broncos didn't finish that much higher than the Knights, lol... though what do you expect from this twat anyway? :lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
meh, the good teams are good teams, bad teams are bad teams, the best will be sorted out throughout this season and then again come the semi's...

slow news day