What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Friday night 4 vs 5 Final - Live???

eels_fan

First Grade
Was just wondering, whether we finish 5th or not, how will the live final system work with Channel 9 next week??

The game is set for an 8pm kick off i believe - but for an 8pm live kickoff on 9, with the time difference the game would kick off in NZ at 10pm - and finish close to midnight!!!

Will they bring forward the telecast time to 6pm AEST??? or will we get a delayed coverage??

Hurriflatch

Referee
Apparently, it will be a 6:30pm kick off in Australia (8:30pm local time) and will not be shown live

but NRL/ch.9 may delay the kickoff until 7pm Sydney time to allow for a live showing

thats the latest I heard from ABC Radio

Parra R 4 Me

Juniors
Ch 9 win more rating's if they show the game live, but no they are going to show the game 30 minutes after the kick off.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the NRL was run by Gallop not Ch 9, so Gallop give them the option and say if you don't want to show the game live in Australia that's fine we will give it to FOX then.
I can see there will be a back lash on Channel Nine when people realise the game won't be shown live.

-Gurueel-

Juniors
i think it's so ridiculous. it totally screws up how to approach watching the game. do you sit there and watch it while on edge knowing it's not live and fighting the temptation of finding out the score. or do you follow the live updates and miss the spectacle of watching a final. grrrr, how annoying.

Utey

Coach
-Gurueel- said:
i think it's so ridiculous. it totally screws up how to approach watching the game. do you sit there and watch it while on edge knowing it's not live and fighting the temptation of finding out the score. or do you follow the live updates and miss the spectacle of watching a final. grrrr, how annoying.
LOL!

it's not that hard to wait 30mins, just have a shower and a shave or something to kill the time.
As long as it's not filled with ads like todays game.

V1er

Juniors
Would it really hurt 9 not to have a current affair on? so much for having all the semi's live, good one nine.

shiftysmith

Juniors
they could just start the news at 530pm it is a public holiday in sydney so most people are home and the game could then be live at 630pm...not rock science is it

bartman

Immortal
Half hour delay is OK, all things considered. Not too long to be scrapping around the house in anticipation...

AlexTheEel

Juniors
bartman said:
Half hour delay is OK, all things considered. Not too long to be scrapping around the house in anticipation...

Well coverage starts at 7. When the game will actually start will be interesting.

Eelementary

Post Whore
At least you'll get to watch it - I'll be at work from 6.30 till 1.30...Sometimes I wonder whether it's even f**king worth it...:fist:

Clarkieel

Juniors
I for one owuld much rather it live!! if we can get the boring as sh*t cricket on over the news then surely 9 can pout the news on early