What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Friday Night Footy Bunnies V Panthers @ Telstra

A) The bunnies famous bandwagon fans certainly wont be on the bandwagon.
B) Horrible weather, so many Panthers fans will choose to watch it @ home instead.

Could we see possibly the lowest crowd this year I am predicting at the most 4k fans there tonight.

Forget where's Wally!

It will be where's the fan.

Lowdown

Juniors
The Farce that is Friday Night Football hits a new low...

Shame Channel 9 Shame.

I imagine Matty Johns was again cringing when he had to write the promo piece on the Friday Night 'Blockbuster' in RLW - how do you hype this game?

And speaking of new lows - how many Channel 9 games have Penrith now had in the first half of the season? I reckon it must be at least 7 or 8!!

yobbo84

Coach
Lowdown said:
The Farce that is Friday Night Football hits a new low...

Shame Channel 9 Shame.

I imagine Matty Johns was again cringing when he had to write the promo piece on the Friday Night 'Blockbuster' in RLW - how do you hype this game?

And speaking of new lows - how many Channel 9 games have Penrith now had in the first half of the season? I reckon it must be at least 7 or 8!!

LOL. It's got nothing to do with the game and everything to do with the weather. Clear evening and there'd be a good 15,000 there, probably more.

choc_soldier

Coach
I can't understand why we've received that many Channel 9 games either this year.

Could be to do with the fact that Penrith is RL heartland, and with sponsors getting increased exposure. Perhaps that's a simplistic view, don't know how this all works...

Lowdown

Juniors
yobbo84 said:
LOL. It's got nothing to do with the game and everything to do with the weather. Clear evening and there'd be a good 15,000 there, probably more.

Yep - 10th v 12th aint the issue?

Telstra Dome sits how many? 80 thousand.

I reckon you will be lucky to get 8,000 there. Its embarrassing to switch on the NRL on a Friday Night and see seat after seat after seat empty.

How mamy sports around the world that get this much exposure have this issue? I can only think of our Sheffield Shield Cricket comp - but it gets 1/1000th the exposure and has a higher grade (ie Test Cricket) to compete with.

There should be no reason that the 'match of the round' gets the poorest crowd.

Poo marketing - no matter which way you cut it.

NGR

Juniors
Baron Vo Mandor said:
A) The bunnies famous bandwagon fans certainly wont be on the bandwagon.
B) Horrible weather, so many Panthers fans will choose to watch it @ home instead.

Could we see possibly the lowest crowd this year I am predicting at the most 4k fans there tonight.

Forget where's Wally!

It will be where's the fan.
bandwagon supporters? :roll:

how many sydney teams would get 10k to most matches after what we have been through...

yobbo84

Coach
Lowdown said:

I reckon you will be lucky to get 8,000 there. Its embarrassing to switch on the NRL on a Friday Night and see seat after seat after seat empty.

How mamy sports around the world that get this much exposure have this issue? I can only think of our Sheffield Shield Cricket comp - but it gets 1/1000th the exposure and has a higher grade (ie Test Cricket) to compete with.

I know it's hard to comprehend... but if it were a clear day it'd be a good crowd! Souths have had 1 game at Telstra in 5 weeks... people would show.

What I'm saying is ANY game tonight in these conditions would be lucky to pull more than 6-7k!

Tom Shines

First Grade
Lowdown said:

Telstra Dome seats about 50k. Telstra Stadium, on the other hand, seats around 80k.

NGR

Juniors
Lime_Green said:
I actually pity the players having to play in this wet and windy weather tonight.

Brrrr.
could you imagine the same weather in canberra, that would be even worse...

innsaneink

Referee
Lime_Green said:
I actually pity the players having to play in this wet and windy weather tonight.

Brrrr.

Players will be warmed up.... worse for the ballboys, or those dickead securitys that sit on the ground at TS watching the fans watching the game.

kooriguy

Juniors
i think the reason penrith have had so many nine games is because we are actually the most unhated team and alot of folks second team, plus we tend to play an exciting brand of footy (most times, not that st george one shudder).

mxlegend99

Referee
Lime_Green said:

Brrrr.
Haha yeah. Would suck. Vision would be impaired from the rain, he ball would be slippery and the ground would be horrible to run on, and changing direction would be even worse.

mxlegend99 said:
Haha yeah. Would suck. Vision would be impaired from the rain, he ball would be slippery and the ground would be horrible to run on, and changing direction would be even worse.

Hope thats not an excuse already:lol:
IMO the wet weather will suit Souths better

mxlegend99

Referee
Why would i make an excuse for us if we lost? We've lost 7 from 11 games. More often then not, our handling and penalty counts are responsible, which means are both things that our players are responsible for. No need for excuses, our players make silly mistakes or give away stupid penalties.

It was a general statement that applies to both teams. Souths aren't going to be playing in dry and sunny football.

Latest posts