What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Friend incident - James Aubusson injured, do we have any other back-up hookers?

henrieté

Juniors
Four charged by NRL over under-20s brawl
Steve Jancetic
June 29, 2009 - 2:39PM
No charges were laid by the NRL match review committee following the weekend's games, but four players are facing lengthy bans for a vicious brawl in the Toyota Cup.

The Cronulla-Sydney Roosters under-20s clash erupted just after halftime with three players - gun Roosters centre Ryan Williamson and Sharks pair Ahmad Ellaz and John Viiga - sin-binned following a fight.

All three, along with Roosters hooker Sam Brunton, were on Monday charged over the incident - the foursome facing a total of 15 weeks on the sidelines.

Backrower Ellaz was the hardest hit after being slapped with a grade five contrary conduct charge - the 19-year-old facing a five-week ban or four matches with an early plea.

Viiga and Williamson were both charged with grade four offences which carry four-match bans, though both can cut that by one week with the early plea.

Brunton, who was sin-binned for a later incident, will miss two games with an early plea.

Last edited:

Mickyd39

Juniors
I didn't get a relay of the game, what happened?

Media Statement regarding Earl and Friend

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Sydney Roosters have warned that two players charged over a dispute at a nightclub on early Sunday morning would face severe sanction if any of the matters are proven.

The Roosters have today undertaken to also review its approach to alcohol management following a number of incidents this year.

In relation to the charges against both Sandor Earl and Jake Friend, Chief Executive Steve Noyce said that the seriousness of the allegations underlined the need to ensure that all the facts were established before any judgment was made by the club.

?There is a large degree of dispute surrounding the facts of this case and the players are entitled to present their case to the proper authorities,? Noyce said.

?In fairness to them they have been completely open with the police and voluntarily assisted police yesterday.

?We would have expected nothing less and they are entitled to expect that they have a chance to have the matters judged in court.

?Nobody wants to see anything like this take place and everyone is entitled to be upset at the fact a woman has been hurt but the emotion of that can?t stop us ensuring that we accurately establish the true cause.

?In saying that I?m not questioning what others may have said, I am simply pointing out that there is a need to go through the proper process.

?The police have determined that the place to do so is the court system and that will be our starting point.

?If it is established that our players are in the wrong then they can expect to be dealt with under our code of conduct as well as by the court.

?Just as we need to respect the other parties involved we need to respect the rights of the players.

?In the meantime there?s a pretty clear message coming through about the responsibilities players and everyone at the club needs to accept these in terms of dealing with alcohol management going forward.

?Our Members, Sponsors and the majority of our playing squad don?t want to see these sort of things and they know that it doesn?t accurately reflect what this club is about.?

The Sydney Roosters will be making no further comment about this incident until the conclusion of the judicial process.

Carney should fit in perfectly at your club next season.

Your club has the drinking culture that should see him thrive.

adamkungl

Immortal
You should fit perfectly in the St George forum. Even if you aren't a Stain fan, they won't know the difference because you're as much of a f**kwit.

yesterdayhero

Juniors
Where is Riley Brown he was good last year where is???
What about Jordan??
I dont like friend?
We should tell him to F**k Off

Blue Bagger 66

Juniors
You guys should have a crack at Kingston from Parramatta - it doesnt appear as though they are gonna resign him and I think he'd be better than anything you currently have IMO

Friend was actually just starting to come good but J Aubusson is f**king rubbish.

I don't mind Riley Brown, all of our best football last year came with him on the field.

Latest posts