What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From 10 mins to extras

Hurriflatch

Referee
In an artilce in the Sunday Telegraph, they have a look at the two benches and there are a few quotes from Stringer including this for Moimoi

"His attitude has really changed since coming to Parramatta from Souths, He does extras at training almost everyday and really wants to make something from football, there is really no comparison he was twice the size at Souths"

mickdo

Coach
It's quite amazing Fui's transformation since coming to Parra. Hats off to the coaching staff for spotting him and being able to get the best out of him. :clap:

And of course well done Fui for pulling your finger out and putting in the work!

Eelementary

Post Whore
You just knew it would turn out this way, though.

I mean like him or not as a coach, Brian has an uncanny knack for converting no-name players into decent stars. Some past players include Dunley, Hopkins and even Mogg.

Well done to him, his staff and Fui Fui!

as said previously the coaching staff at Parra deserve special mention of turning average players into good players, which many clubs could not possibly dream of, also good work by Fui Fui for putting up with it and putting in the effort.

The_Coach

Juniors
IF the article is about the benches why does it include Stringer? He hasn't player one game from the bench.

shiftysmith

Juniors
i would love to see him have a great game today especially in front of goose hadley,he would be lost for words

Parraren

Bench
Brian Smith has made a career out of doing this with rejects from other clubs.

Wade McKinnon was also considered as washed up and a waste of money too when we signed him along with Fui a couple of years ago. Look at 'em now.

The Colonel

Immortal
Parraren said:
Brian Smith has made a career out of doing this with rejects from other clubs.

Wade McKinnon was also considered as washed up and a waste of money too when we signed him along with Fui a couple of years ago. Look at 'em now.

Schifcofske, Hodgson to a point, Stringer, Brad Drew..... there have been plenty of players in the past that owe Brian quite a lot for resurrecting or establishing their careers.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Another thread priasing Smithy... i always have liked him, but ill guarantee in 2 yrs time all of u will be calling for his head

Stagger eel

Staff member
TheEelsFanatic said:
Another thread priasing Smithy... i always have liked him, but ill guarantee in 2 yrs time all of u will be calling for his head

no we won't.

He won't be there in 2 years, not as a coach anyway.