What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front Rowers?

BPS

Juniors
What is the general consensus on our Front Row stocks this year???

I know nothing of our new recruit Crossman but I am still somewhat concerned that we may be a little soft up front.

Maybe Kidwell will move up to the Front Row? I have no idea but he is looking a little slow now for 2nd row these days.

We have Asotasi, Greenfield, Lowe, Geddes, Crossman, Pettybourne, and Luke Stuart at a push for Props.

Did I miss anyone?????

I just feel that we may still be short a ferocious, damaging Prop who puts the fear of God into the opposition.

What are your thoughts??

Dave Q

Coach
Thats an impressive array of talent for 2 possies.

Aso and ?????

If Greeny hits his straps then theres no contest.

He put fear into the hearts of oppositions in 2007.

When he ran with the ball..... he was simply devastating.

They couldnt handle him.

Last edited:

coach

I see the front row being a weak spot in our lineup. Outside of Asotasi we are short of quality players and we need to remember Roy is coming back from a serious injury.

Though he had a quiet 2008 Roy is still a very good player and is clearly our #1 prop. The problem comes with who is our #2?

Geddess, Cleal, Pettybourne and Greenfield at different times have shown ability. But none of them have shown the consistency to be considered a good #2 prop. On occassions they haven't looked good enough to be even considered a #3 or #4 prop.

Geddess in my opinion is past his used by date. Injuries have killed what was once a very promising career.

Cleai is a journeyman. At best a solid player who is not a #2 prop. Started at Manly then to Souths then on to the Bulldogs and now back to Souths. Has struggled with a few injuries.

Pettybourne in my opinion lacks the size to play prop and is better suited to second row. Been promising a lot for the past couple of years. Now is the time to deliver.

Greenfield early last season showed some great form early. That was it. Got injured and was never the same again. A confidence player who can look realy good or really bad depending on his level confidence.

Unless one of these players lifts his games to a much greater level or a prop comes out of now where then I suspect we will suffer.

rabbs

Juniors
Greenfield makes me nervous sometimes with his passing game.Crossman might be the no.2,a good solid front rower.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
Cleal gives away to many penalties & has a bad habit of poor ball control.
I see the front row being a weak spot in our lineup. Outside of Asotasi we are short of quality players and we need to remember Roy is coming back from a serious injury.

Though he had a quiet 2008 Roy is still a very good player and is clearly our #1 prop. The problem comes with who is our #2?

Geddess, Cleal, Pettybourne and Greenfield at different times have shown ability. But none of them have shown the consistency to be considered a good #2 prop. On occassions they haven't looked good enough to be even considered a #3 or #4 prop.

Geddess in my opinion is past his used by date. Injuries have killed what was once a very promising career.

Cleai is a journeyman. At best a solid player who is not a #2 prop. Started at Manly then to Souths then on to the Bulldogs and now back to Souths. Has struggled with a few injuries.

Pettybourne in my opinion lacks the size to play prop and is better suited to second row. Been promising a lot for the past couple of years. Now is the time to deliver.

Greenfield early last season showed some great form early. That was it. Got injured and was never the same again. A confidence player who can look realy good or really bad depending on his level confidence.

Unless one of these players lifts his games to a much greater level or a prop comes out of now where then I suspect we will suffer.

ballfreek

Juniors
In my opinion Stuart would be our best option to push into the front row. Reliable, tough, 80 minute player ... perfect foil for Roy, just like Yak was.

I agree with comments about Greenfield regarding his drop in form and confidence following his injury early in 2008 ... he was on fire in the first few rounds, but after he came back from injury mid season he lacked that aggression and creativity that he showed early on.

Haven't seen much of Crossman since '07, but from what I remember he's the kind of player that can fit in to an established system and still contribute solidly without much fuss (ala his premiership stint with Melbourne)

Cleal is definitely more of an impact player off the bench.

Kidwell's not big enough for a front rower and after being dropped/reinstated to the bench last season, I think he's found his niche in our 17 and probably elongated his career slightly in the process

If Maitua is signed, then he will fill Stuey's vacant 2nd row spot nicely.

8. Roy Asotasi
9. Issac Luke
10. Luke Stuart
11. Reni Maitua
12. Dave Fa'alogo
13. John Sutton

14. Beau Falloon
15. Michael Greenfield
16. David Kidwell
17. Garrett Crossman/Kane Cleal

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
In my opinion Stuart would be our best option to push into the front row. Reliable, tough, 80 minute player ... perfect foil for Roy, just like Yak was.

I agree with comments about Greenfield regarding his drop in form and confidence following his injury early in 2008 ... he was on fire in the first few rounds, but after he came back from injury mid season he lacked that aggression and creativity that he showed early on.

Haven't seen much of Crossman since '07, but from what I remember he's the kind of player that can fit in to an established system and still contribute solidly without much fuss (ala his premiership stint with Melbourne)

Cleal is definitely more of an impact player off the bench.

Kidwell's not big enough for a front rower and after being dropped/reinstated to the bench last season, I think he's found his niche in our 17 and probably elongated his career slightly in the process

If Maitua is signed, then he will fill Stuey's vacant 2nd row spot nicely.

8. Roy Asotasi
9. Issac Luke
10. Luke Stuart
11. Reni Maitua
12. Dave Fa'alogo
13. John Sutton

14. Beau Falloon
15. Michael Greenfield
16. David Kidwell
17. Garrett Crossman/Kane Cleal

please dont include maitua in the team... makes me nervous

and luke stuart could well be a fine front rower... but an 80 minute player he is not.

Latest posts